Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest/let's show our dissatisfaction/ ideas thread - ideas for the public meeting

edited February 2015 in General Charlton
1. I believe 5,000 leaflets are being distributed on Saturday to publicise the meeting.

After reading, launch 5,000 paper aeroplanes onto the pitch, as the players run out.

If the game's delayed 5 mins, I can't see the harm and last time we did it against Leicester we came from behind to win. No extra cost involved and relatively simple.

2. Everyone gets an A4 piece of paper or the larger the better. They write HUH in black marker and hold it up, when the players run out.
We could do this at every home game.

Comments

• You footing the bill for the leaflets CE? :wink:
  • You footing the bill for the leaflets CE? :wink:

No, I understood that the Trust are getting them printed, to be handed out on Saturday.
  • edited February 2015

A friend has this idea :

A campaign called "spell it out in black and white".

A play on getting RD to tell us what is happening in our away and cup winning colours.

It could go as far as black and white scarves ala Man U and their green and yellow scarves.

If the demand from fans is for more and better communication, then this is a catchy, short and to the point way of saying, "Spell it out in black and white" . This will be a constant request by way of scarves.

It's an easy way for fans to show support without wearing another teams colours (other than against Fulham)

This could be linked to black and white photos of old or even current players, also symbolising RD draining all the life and colour out of the club. (Stig).

Covered End that is it!

I suggested the scarf and colours idea over the weekend but could not think of what colours it should be, but you have hit the nail with this as it shows a clear message and is linked to our history.

The Trust need to run with this and keep a bit of sales and use as a fighting fund as I feel sure there are many battles ahaed
  • There is an assumption he will see it or, even if he does, will care less. It's been made clear he will do things his way and seems, so far, completely dismissive of anyone who does not want to do things his way. Of course we have to make views known, but don't expect any changes
  • mogodon said:

There is an assumption he will see it or, even if he does, will care less. It's been made clear he will do things his way and seems, so far, completely dismissive of anyone who does not want to do things his way. Of course we have to make views known, but don't expect any changes

He watches all our home games on stream, so he'll definitely see it.
  • The man's an arrogant, myopic prick who wouldn't give a toss if we all sat down on the pitch, tied together by Katrien's old knicker elastic.

Nice thought though.
  • Stop giving Roland the valley gold money. Give it to the trust instead to help finance the buyout by the fans.
  • Paper aeroplanes sounds good, not many will make it to the pitch though!
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope this idea takes off, as our problems are plane to see.
  • Support the team - not the regime. Just attend away matches
  • _MrDick said:

Support the team - not the regime. Just attend away matches

That's not really supporting the team is it ?
  • Stop giving Roland the valley gold money. Give it to the trust instead to help finance the buyout by the fans.

Almost certain Valley Gold is seperate from the club.

• Some suggestions (the viability of which will depend on various factors):

1) Unifying and amplifying the collective voice of the disaffected supporter by offering a 'strength in numbers' approach:

Those who are unhappy with RD's network - including those supporters who choose not to attend football matches at The Valley - might gain confidence and identity by actively distinguishing themselves as 'the disaffected' by way of a name / colour / symbol
    e.g. 'The 1905 Collective', 'Valley Phoenix', 'Soul of Charlton', or such like.

2) (Non-violent) direct action:

For example, around The Valley on match days (during matches, perhaps?) and when non-football activities are taking place.

If the team is relegated: a co-ordinated 'Return to sender' of season ticket application forms, filled in with a personal message e.g. 'I've better things to do' or 'Interest expired [after XX years of support]' ...perhaps with our chosen symbol (should we agree to such) to demonstrate solidarity and collective action.

The disaffected might choose to attend an away game at which to hold a visible action, perhaps by way of block-booking seats together.
    There might also be mileage in turning a specified home game (e.g. a Football for a Fiver game) to our advantage.

3) International co-ordinated action
    In the hope of bolstering our impact... might our actions be co-ordinated with Standard Liege fans and others?

Looking forward to next week's public meeting...
  • Need to get the flyers handed out before you go using them for anything else:

http://www.castrust.org/2015/02/volunteers-needed-publicise-public-meeting/
  • 1. I believe 5,000 leaflets are being distributed on Saturday to publicise the meeting.

After reading, launch 5,000 paper aeroplanes onto the pitch, as the players run out.

If the game's delayed 5 mins, I can't see the harm and last time we did it against Leicester we came from behind to win. No extra cost involved and relatively simple.

2. Everyone gets an A4 piece of paper or the larger the better. They write HUH in black marker and hold it up, when the players run out.
    We could do this at every home game.

Huh?
  • WSS- even if it is seperate, the cash still goes to the club, which now means Roland. This money was originally used to get us back home, then it was decided to use it to fund the academy. But this was when the entire board were fans like us and with limited funds. Now all valley gold is doing is lining Roland's pockets.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Cancel valley gold subscriptions. Don't buy half time jackpot raffle tickets. Don't buy programmes or food/drink in the ground. Don't even go into the club shop. Petition sponsors to explain our discontent. Don't renew season tickets. Hold up banners with "Roland out" or some such message. Have a jolly good shout at Luzer. Boo a bit. Err, that's it from me.
  • How about everybody stand up and turn their backs to the pitch. At any given time or incident, such as the away team scoring first, then everybody on gets their feet. On its own maybe not too effective but in conjunction with other ideas then who knows!!!
  • Throw red and white flowers on the pitch.
  • Do what Standard Liege fans did with Luzon, riot! RD took notice of that!*
  • valleyfan said:

Do what Standard Liege fans did with Luzon, riot! RD took notice of that!*

What's changed there in Liege since that Riot? Did anything constructive come out it?
  • Throw red and white flowers on the pitch.

Or at the directors box.