Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest/let's show our dissatisfaction/ ideas thread - ideas for the public meeting

Comments

• shirty5 said:

valleyfan said:

Do what Standard Liege fans did with Luzon, riot! RD took notice of that!*

What's changed there in Liege since that Riot? Did anything constructive come out it?
    well, I hesitate to say this, but yes. He got shot of Luzon.
    Read that first as shot Luzon,silly me.
  • Best put an order in to the Newcastle club shop for these scarves.
  • edited February 2015

shirty5 said:

valleyfan said:

What's changed there in Liege since that Riot? Did anything constructive come out it?
    well, I hesitate to say this, but yes. He got shot of Luzon.
    Also we don't know what other effects this might have had. Just because he didn't seem to react the first or second times doesn't mean he isn't sh*t scared of it happening again. He will have a tolerance level and Liege fans may hit the spot with future actions. Also militancy brings sections of the support together that other forms of protest cannot.

P.S.It wasn't much of a 'riot' if the youtube clip is anything to go by; "Luzon Demission" is the chant to get rid of him, when we have really had enough. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xG_rLSBDCE
  • edited February 2015
    se7oaks said:

How about everybody stand up and turn their backs to the pitch. At any given time or incident, such as the away team scoring first, then everybody on gets their feet. On its own maybe not too effective but in conjunction with other ideas then who knows!!!

This, but with the old chant going - 'Bring back, bring back, bring back my Charlton to me, to me' (arms aloft of course)
  • valleyfan said:

Really? He's still there though isn't he? He may have removed the manager but his reign of bullshit continues.
  • I'd steer clear of the scarf thing, there's no point in using colours that aren't actually a party of our history, and the only other colours we have officially used are the light and dark blue striped kits from the season at The Mount
  • 3. A friend has this idea :

A campaign called "spell it out in black and white".

A play on getting RD to tell us what is happening in our away and cup winning colours.

It could go as far as black and white scarves ala Man U and their green and yellow scarves.

If the demand from fans is for more and better communication, then this is a catchy, short and to the point way of saying, "Spell it out in black and white" . This will be a constant request by way of scarves.

It's an easy way for fans to show support without wearing another teams colours (other than against Fulham)

This could be linked to black and white photos of old or even current players, also symbolising RD draining all the life and colour out of the club. (Stig).

very good idea
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry guys, please do not pre-empt next weeks meeting. My absolute priority is to give love, support, and encouragement to the players above all else. Imagine yourself to be in the dressing room before the game, what would you want to be hearing ? SUPPORT!
  • JohnnyH2 said:

sam3110 said:

I'd steer clear of the scarf thing, there's no point in using colours that aren't actually a party of our history, and the only other colours we have officially used are the light and dark blue striped kits from the season at The Mount

The colours we won the cup in are not part of our history?
    How do you know what colours we played in? Your only guessing because the photo was taken in black n white ;)
  • Granpa said:

Sorry guys, please do not pre-empt next weeks meeting. My absolute priority is to give love, support, and encouragement to the players above all else. Imagine yourself to be in the dressing room before the game, what would you want to be hearing ? SUPPORT!

I tend to agree with you under normal circumstances. But if the players don't like it I reckon they should take it up with Luzon, and if Luzon doesn't like it he can take it up with Mr Duchatelet.
  • Granpa said:

Sorry guys, please do not pre-empt next weeks meeting. My absolute priority is to give love, support, and encouragement to the players above all else. Imagine yourself to be in the dressing room before the game, what would you want to be hearing ? SUPPORT!

A win for the team is a win for the network
  • It has to be something mildly disruptive otherwise it's unlikely to get the attention of the likes of sky/bbc etc. I like the idea of the paper planes. Scarf thing seems a bit weak imo
  • Become an ultra for the day. Everyone wears black for the day. Or wear a black arm bad. The Huddersfield game would be ideal. I believe it's academy day and it's also Chris Powell's home coming. High profile match. Lots of media coverage. A more subtle and poignant message. As I've said in previous posts. First two minutes have a
  • Moan up at the current board. Third minute applaud the old manager. Forth minute cheer the team on to victory
  • mass burning of anoraks/cardigans in floyd road
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

There is an assumption he will see it or, even if he does, will care less. It's been made clear he will do things his way and seems, so far, completely dismissive of anyone who does not want to do things his way. Of course we have to make views known, but don't expect any changes

So we'll do nothing then. Excellent, that's that. Call off the meeting too.
    Not what I said. We have to make views known, it's just he doesn't seem the kind of asshole to take any notice of anyone. He hasn't so far, so why will he now?
  • edited February 2015
    The Black and White is a great idea with a red armband as the collar and socks had red detail didn't they?
  • Addicted said:

It has to be something mildly disruptive otherwise it's unlikely to get the attention of the likes of sky/bbc etc. I like the idea of the paper planes. Scarf thing seems a bit weak imo

I'd also be interested to see how the national media outlets might spin it as well. The likes of the news shopper and SLP have a better understanding of what is going on as they are closer to the situation. I can just imagine the national outlets getting it arse about face and positioning us as ungrateful and what are we moaning about type scenario.

The reason I think this is that when we played Rotherham and people were chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' to GL for subbing Vetokele, drive at talk sport included it in their heads gone section.

Now I wasn't one of the people chanting, I thought Vetokele had had an awful game and I didn't care who he took off, but I think we all know that chant was at the time, more in frustration aimed at the RD, as GL is basically his puppet. Yet talk sport see it as 'stupid Charlton fans having a pop at their new manager after only 1 game'

I just hope they take the time to understand why and how we are here, rather than 'oh, there's a protest of some sort at the Valley, let's give it some coverage'

Sometimes these guys show it in the wrong light because they can't be bothered to do a bit of digging
  • Change the colour of this forum....RED,YELLOW AND BLACK
  • cabbles said:

Addicted said:

It has to be something mildly disruptive otherwise it's unlikely to get the attention of the likes of sky/bbc etc. I like the idea of the paper planes. Scarf thing seems a bit weak imo

I'd also be interested to see how the national media outlets might spin it as well. The likes of the news shopper and SLP have a better understanding of what is going on as they are closer to the situation. I can just imagine the national outlets getting it arse about face and positioning us as ungrateful and what are we moaning about type scenario.

The reason I think this is that when we played Rotherham and people were chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' to GL for subbing Vetokele, drive at talk sport included it in their heads gone section.

Now I wasn't one of the people chanting, I thought Vetokele had had an awful game and I didn't care who he took off, but I think we all know that chant was at the time, more in frustration aimed at the RD, as GL is basically his puppet. Yet talk sport see it as 'stupid Charlton fans having a pop at their new manager after only 1 game'

I just hope they take the time to understand why and how we are here, rather than 'oh, there's a protest of some sort at the Valley, let's give it some coverage'

Sometimes these guys show it in the wrong light because they can't be bothered to do a bit of digging
    I think people like hearing about fans rising up against owners, it's a pretty emotive topic and news outlets want to get people reading. Don't remember the last non-violent protest that was covered in favour of owners over fans.
  • Addicted said:

cabbles said:

Addicted said:

I think people like hearing about fans rising up against owners, it's a pretty emotive topic and news outlets want to get people reading. Don't remember the last non-violent protest that was covered in favour of owners over fans.
    I agree. I just don't trust them to uncover the reasons why we are where we are @Addickted.
  • cabbles said:

Addicted said:

All of the national newspaper reports on the sacking of Powell were negative - proper journalists know exactly what's going on and will be happy to report it as it is. I take your point about Drivetime on Talksport, but you have to make allowances for the fact that amiable Yorkshireman Darren Gough is as thick as a whale omelette and everything that Adrian Durham says is designed to provoke anger in the hope that it'll get some people to phone in.
  • RIPCAFC
  • Curb_It said:
    Charlton fans heckle president Duchâtelet with banner

The new coach of the English second division club Charlton Athletic isn't yet a success.

Owner Roland Duchâtelet wanted improvements so replaced by Bob Peeters with former Standard coach Guy Luzon. So far he's not done any better.