Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace fans embarrassing themselves again

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Olise hit in the head with a bottle of water thrown from the crowd.

Must be West Ham fans sitting in the home end again
    BBC Radio 5 live commentator mentioned it as if it was as normal as a throw in. Why are commentators so happy to look away when Millwall are involved? 
    Happy to look away when Millwall are involved? You’re joking right? 

You know there was lots of bottle throwing at Chelsea v spurs in the week? I doubt you did because nothing has been mentioned by any of the news outlets. If anyone gets a blind eye turned on them it’s the big clubs, and certainly not Millwall. 
    I knew that throwing things would have someone’s eye out sooner or later.

Is the bloke with a blind eye a ref in our league?
  • Options
    I blame the demise of bottle banks...
    I blame the bottle
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Chunes said:

BBC Radio 5 live commentator mentioned it as if it was as normal as a throw in. Why are commentators so happy to look away when Millwall are involved? 

You know there was lots of bottle throwing at Chelsea v spurs in the week? I doubt you did because nothing has been mentioned by any of the news outlets. If anyone gets a blind eye turned on them it’s the big clubs, and certainly not Millwall. 
    Bottles thrown at saintly Arsenal too against Man City.
    cfgs said:
    Chunes said:

Heard a Burnley player was hit by one after scoring at Leeds and also Arsenal fans rained them down at Rhodri.
    It literally happens all around the country on a regular basis. 

Let’s have it right though, it’s not particularly nice, but plastic bottles and empty plastic cups? It’s hardly a return to the dark days is it 🤷

• Options
    Objects thrown on from the hull fans.
  • Options
    I blame the bottle
    Great name for the Palarse Ultra Absorbants.

The bottle.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Millwall have put out a statement in response to unsavoury scenes during their lunchtime defeat to Crystal Palace.

A section of the home crowd discernibly booed Palace players taking the knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement before kick-off.

There were also audible homophobic chants directed at Palace's on-loan Chelsea attacker Conor Gallagher, while a bottle thrown from the stands struck Olise as he prepared to take a corner.

“Millwall Football Club has a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of discrimination and will investigate any incident of alleged abuse accordingly," the club said.

"As is club policy, any individual found guilty of discriminatory abuse is issued with an immediate lifetime ban."

Yeah, sure he is.

• Or she!
    How many more plausible actions are going to be taken against miscreants are we going to have to listen to over and over again……nothing ever seems to happen to punish them, unless it’s done by authorities from outside the club and then it’s taken against the club itself, not individuals.
    Individuals seem never to be identified and banned for a few months, let alone the lifetime bans they so boldly indicate.
    It was ever thus,
  • Options
    I blame the bottle
    I blame the people who made the bottle.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Yeah, I heard about it and the homophobic chants from the Spurs fans. Millwall aren't the only ones to get a free pass but they get a lot of leeway with commentators and pundits.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Chunes said:

cfgs said:
    Chunes said:

Heard a Burnley player was hit by one after scoring at Leeds and also Arsenal fans rained them down at Rhodri.

Let’s have it right though, it’s not particularly nice, but plastic bottles and empty plastic cups? It’s hardly a return to the dark days is it 🤷

It is a crime to throw plastic away and not recycle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m sure the self righteous palace fans will be all over this. The same ones who have been giving Brighton homophobic abuse for years, and only really stopped a couple of years ago. Don’t kid yourself, they don’t care about homophobic abuse, they’re just jumping on the current bandwagon.
    Milllllllllllll
  • Options
    Is this from the Max Bygraves' Millalongamaxwall album?

• Options
    edited January 2022
    kafka said:
    Vincenzo said:

Millwall have put out a statement in response to unsavoury scenes during their lunchtime defeat to Crystal Palace.

A section of the home crowd discernibly booed Palace players taking the knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement before kick-off.

There were also audible homophobic chants directed at Palace's on-loan Chelsea attacker Conor Gallagher, while a bottle thrown from the stands struck Olise as he prepared to take a corner.

“Millwall Football Club has a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of discrimination and will investigate any incident of alleged abuse accordingly," the club said.

"As is club policy, any individual found guilty of discriminatory abuse is issued with an immediate lifetime ban."

Yeah, sure he is.

• Or she!
    How many more plausible actions are going to be taken against miscreants are we going to have to listen to over and over again……nothing ever seems to happen to punish them, unless it’s done by authorities from outside the club and then it’s taken against the club itself, not individuals.
    Individuals seem never to be identified and banned for a few months, let alone the lifetime bans they so boldly indicate.
    It was ever thus,
    They can’t ban people for booing the taking of the knee. It’s not a crime. 

If they want to come down on us for ‘homophobic chanting’ (calling Gallagher a Chelsea rentboy) and plastic cups and bottles being thrown on the pitch then they will have to come down on every club who’s fans do it, and that could run in to dozens. 

I doubt Palace will make a big fuss about the despicable homophobic chants at The Den today. They’ve got Brighton next week. There will probably be a lot worse from their own fans there. 
    And there you have it. All you need to read to see why Millwall will never progress 
    And the palice filth hated hated more more!
  • Options
    Tbf palarse (as we have done🙈) threw a flare on the pitch which might be considered more dangerous/worse? 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Yeah, sure he is.

• Or she!
    It was ever thus,

If they want to come down on us for ‘homophobic chanting’ (calling Gallagher a Chelsea rentboy) and plastic cups and bottles being thrown on the pitch then they will have to come down on every club who’s fans do it, and that could run in to dozens. 

I doubt Palace will make a big fuss about the despicable homophobic chants at The Den today. They’ve got Brighton next week. There will probably be a lot worse from their own fans there. 
    I’ve got some news for you - it’s private property, they can ban you for anything they decide is poor conduct. It doesn’t have to be illegal. 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Yeah, sure he is.

• Or she!
    It was ever thus,

They may not be able to ban fans for booing the taking of the knee, but it does confirm the view that everyone thinks Millwall supporters are racist.
    It matters not what happens at other Clubs because you have the reputation of being racist scum. You would have to behave better than anyone else to try and change that perception, but let’s be honest, there is no chance that your supporters are ever going to be better than the vast majority of fans. I think you will always be in the bottom quartile in this respect.

As for being homophobic, another couple of decades before it is even worth discussing.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Vincenzo said:
    Chunes said:

cfgs said:
    Chunes said:

True, so should we recognise things have changed since those dark days, stop referring to Millwall fans as ‘spanners’ and start calling them ‘plastics’ or ‘bottlers’ ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Yeah, sure he is.

• Or she!
    It was ever thus,

Millwall will never take responsibility for their own actions, as long as someone else somewhere has done it as well l, it’s all fine … 
    Ridiculous comment. 

How would you feel if it was your club?

Chelsea and spurs game in the week is full of racist (yids) and homophobic chants (Chelsea rent boy) and nothing gets mentioned. Bottles get thrown there (and at scores of other clubs) and nothing gets mentioned. We do it and it’s all over sky. 

Palace fans throw a flare on to the pitch. It nearly hits the keeper and holds up play for a few minutes and burns a hole in the pitch. Nothing gets mentioned. Millwall fan throw a plastic bottle and it’s getting mentioned by stelling on super Saturday or whatever it’s called. 

Some clown earlier in the thread said they turn a blind eye to Millwall, when actually the polar opposite is true. 

I’m not saying the authorities shouldn’t come down on us for those incidents. But if they come down on us, then they have to come down on other clubs fans when they behave in exactly the same way (or worse sometimes). Surely even a simpleton can see that would be the only fair way of dealing it??? 🤷

how can you have one rule for one club and punish them and then not punish other clubs (usually the more successful ones) for the same thing?? 
    I think Millwall are damned by their past reputation which some fans still take pride in and inevitably it feeds the press. It might be unfair to an extent but their does seem to be a sizable minority who won"t move on.

The audible booing of taking the knee does the club no favours particularly in a televised game.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Yeah, sure he is.

• Or she!
    It was ever thus,

Millwall will never take responsibility for their own actions, as long as someone else somewhere has done it as well l, it’s all fine … 
    Ridiculous comment. 

Chelsea and spurs game in the week is full of racist (yids) and homophobic chants (Chelsea rent boy) and nothing gets mentioned. Bottles get thrown there (and at scores of other clubs) and nothing gets mentioned. We do it and it’s all over sky. 

Palace fans throw a flare on to the pitch. It nearly hits the keeper and holds up play for a few minutes and burns a hole in the pitch. Nothing gets mentioned. Millwall fan throw a plastic bottle and it’s getting mentioned by stelling on super Saturday or whatever it’s called. 

Some clown earlier in the thread said they turn a blind eye to Millwall, when actually the polar opposite is true. 

I’m not saying the authorities shouldn’t come down on us for those incidents. But if they come down on us, then they have to come down on other clubs fans when they behave in exactly the same way (or worse sometimes). Surely even a simpleton can see that would be the only fair way of dealing it??? 🤷

how can you have one rule for one club and punish them and then not punish other clubs (usually the more successful ones) for the same thing?? 

The other incidents are mentioned. That's how you, me and most of the others here know about them. Unfortunately too many of your lot revel in the reputation you have. If you really don't like what your lot do, pull them up about it.
    I know about the bottle throwing at Chelsea because I saw it. Hardly anything was made if it. I know about the chanting because I know people who were there, and they say it goes on all the time. Very little is made of it in the media. 
  • Options
    Millwall should really have been closed down years ago, just turn the den into a prison or flats, let them Get what they deserve.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Yeah, sure he is.

• Or she!
    It was ever thus,

Ridiculous comment. 

‘Simpleton’ eh ? Millwall have to get personal
    don’t they ? You’ll never learn … no one like us, we really DO care A LOT !! 
  • Options
    Millwall should really have been closed down years ago, just turn the den into a prison or flats, let them Get what they deserve.
    Perhaps that’s a tongue in cheek comment, but as much as I hate them, I’d never want that to happen.
  • Options
    Poor old Millwall getting criticised for a one off, when the likes of Colchester and Shrewsbury and Bournemouth have been getting away with it for decade after decade after decade.
    Free the Millwall Humanitarians!