Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who's going to Middlesbrough!

13»

Comments

• 168 tickets sold :neutral:
  • I'll second Yarm, great place to eat and drink :smile:
  • I'm just hoping the team turns up.
  • On our way.what are we doing? Red Army
  • Getting ready to leave. I am asking the same question mate
  • En route to an early breakfast in King's Cross prior to catching the 9 o'clock train. My mate is an exiled Boro fan, so we have a table for four in their 'Legends' lounge. Back in the mid-90s, his uncle drove us to a couple of really nice village pubs but there's nothing much in the town itself.

The lounge, compered by Bernie Slaven, does a good three course lunch and, importantly for present purposes, it's an 'all you can drink' arrangement, so there is ample opportunity to dull the pain (prospective and actual).

Last time we were in, they had Alan Peacock (the ex-England centre half) as a guest and, the season before, John Hickton and Stuart Boam. They had been up for a dinner with the Jack Charlton championship winning side of 1973 and Hickton observed that the intimidating presence of players like Boam and Souness often meant that the opposition were almost beaten before they kicked off. That was what you call a real spine to a team (Roland - take note).

I don't expect to take anything from today's game but I thought the same at Wolverhampton. Boro are, of course, a cut above Wolves but you be never know and, as ever, we travel in hope.
  • I'm just hoping the team turns up.

I'm hoping they dont! Ref can call the game off then
  • ads said:

Yep im going with 3 mates.we must be bloody mental.at least were staying over and sampling middlesboroughs nightlife.

Bag of smack behind the bus station?
    Probably just a smack I'd say.

For all you old timers...take a trip out to The Yellow Rose near the old Ayresome Park. That was always our pre-match destination in the early 90's. On second thoughts don't....it's probably not even there anymore.
  • Went yesterday - had a really great experience of Middlesbrough and enjoyed 20 minutes of the game - the spell just before and after we scored the goal - the start was as rubbish as some of the portrayals of Middlesbrough in the media, and the end was written long before that 3rd goal finally game. There is hope though somewhere in the way we played for that brief spell.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a weekend.shame it was interupted by the football.the beer is very cheap.started in spoons as they wouldnt let away fans in the last orders (shithole anyway) £2.25 a pint of guinness £1.69 carling and selected bitters £1.75.baracudas oh my god what a place.slightly dearer but well worth the price especially with the views.yates's was last port of call guinness £2.20 and carlsberg £1.49.good tunes in there aswell.the chinese inbetween was cheap aswell and very good.planning to go back next season if they dont go up and we dont go down.