Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who's going to Middlesbrough!

Comments

• Sadly both Middlesbrough and Wigan are too expensive on the train for a student budget... Derby is no problem though!!
  • @JakeCAFC_94 tickets aren't cheap either for the match - 31 quid. Thought Forest was bad at 28.
  • I literally don't think the club could pay me to do Boro and Wigan at the moment
  • You lot must be on something. Amazing effort under the circumstances.
  • I have heard good things about the Parmo, apparently this is the dish of choice on Teesside. That is the only thing i'm looking forward to. At least I can get drunk and drown my sorrows....
  • After missing out on orange chips in Wolverhampton, I'm now tempted by the parmo...

Not tempted enough, expensive trip
  • You'd have to strap me to a train seat and drag me into the ground, pulling my eyelids apart to watch it while dosing me with prozac & caffeine.

Credit to those who are going though, nutters :smiley:
  • You'd have to strap me to a train seat and drag me into the ground, pulling my eyelids apart to watch it while dosing me with prozac & caffeine.

Credit to those who are going though, nutters :smiley:

OK Katrien, i understand.

• Yep im going with 3 mates.we must be bloody mental.at least were staying over and sampling middlesboroughs nightlife.
  • Yep im going with 3 mates.we must be bloody mental.at least were staying over and sampling middlesboroughs nightlife.

Middlesbrough nightlife, hmmm interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

Early night then? :wink:

Bag of smack behind the bus station?
  • Sounds classier than Dublin or South Bermondsey - you can only get it in dirty needles in both those places.

Middlesbrough nightlife, hmmm interesting.
    It's meant to be quite good!

You'll have to give us a report when you get back.

Try The Zetland outside the station, decent boozer. I'll be in there before the game.
  • Bit scary at first though! Found the place with sofas over the road sound and cheap too last season.

You'll have to give us a report when you get back.

Try The Zetland outside the station, decent boozer. I'll be in there before the game.
    Aye a night out on Shetland would make even Middlesbrough seem metropolitan
  • Is the Zetland the pub that everyone's going to then?
  • Boro fan here. Noticed a few of you were staying over after the match and thought I'd give you some advice on places to go.
    Firstly, the area behind the town centre where the ground is built is, as you know, an industrial dump. The ground is there for that very reason as the land was cheap, However most of us neither live nor (more importantly for you) drink there. I'd no more stay there for a drink on a night out on Teesside, than I would stay in that Jasmine Allen-looking estate near WHL if we were playing Spurs.
    My advice would be jump in a taxi and take a 15 minute trip to Yarm, which those of you on the train from York will pass over (literally). It will cost you about a tenner, get dropped off at the Blue Bell in Eaglescliffe, then walk over the bridge into Yarm. There are 7 or 8 pubs (a few that are late hours) in a 200 metre stretch, with various restaurants, curry house and a nightclub over the road in the Keys.
    Alternatively if you do want to stay out around Boro town centre, head to Southfield Road, it's 5/10 minutes walk and has more town centre type bars than the actual centre itself.
    For those just heading to Boro for the day I'd suggest either Kalinka directly opposite the station or The Lord Byron, 2 mins from the station and on the way to the ground, both seem to be popular with away fans.
    Enjoy the your trip.

Do you know if The Zetland shows BT as keen to watch the tottenham v Arsenal game.
  • Sponsored links:

• good on you enjoy but you still call us smallwal
  • Boro fan here. Noticed a few of you were staying over after the match and thought I'd give you some advice on places to go.
    Firstly, the area behind the town centre where the ground is built is, as you know, an industrial dump. The ground is there for that very reason as the land was cheap, However most of us neither live nor (more importantly for you) drink there. I'd no more stay there for a drink on a night out on Teesside, than I would stay in that Jasmine Allen-looking estate near WHL if we were playing Spurs.
    My advice would be jump in a taxi and take a 15 minute trip to Yarm, which those of you on the train from York will pass over (literally). It will cost you about a tenner, get dropped off at the Blue Bell in Eaglescliffe, then walk over the bridge into Yarm. There are 7 or 8 pubs (a few that are late hours) in a 200 metre stretch, with various restaurants, curry house and a nightclub over the road in the Keys.
    Alternatively if you do want to stay out around Boro town centre, head to Southfield Road, it's 5/10 minutes walk and has more town centre type bars than the actual centre itself.
    For those just heading to Boro for the day I'd suggest either Kalinka directly opposite the station or The Lord Byron, 2 mins from the station and on the way to the ground, both seem to be popular with away fans.
    Enjoy the your trip.

Do you know if The Zetland shows BT as keen to watch the tottenham v Arsenal game.
  • It's been a good few years since I was in the Zetland to be honest. I would expect so, it's only really the Weatherspoons pubs that don't have all the matches, but if not, there are a fair few other pubs that will have it on in that area.
  • It's been a good few years since I was in the Zetland to be honest. I would expect so, it's only really the Weatherspoons pubs that don't have all the matches, but if not, there are a fair few other pubs that will have it on in that area.

Fair do's DT.

As an aside, I take it you have undersoil heating.......not in the boozers that is!
  • Just looked and the forecast is 8 degrees tomorrow. Don't worry about the game!
    Although to be fair, it always feels colder down there as the wind picks up off the river, so If your going I'd at least give short sleeves a miss!
  • Hi @DrinkingTips - is it possible to buy match tickets for away fans on the day itself?
  • centurion said:

Hi @DrinkingTips - is it possible to buy match tickets for away fans on the day itself?

Yes you can. Charlton tweeted it. I think it's on the "match preview" thread.

• good on you enjoy but you still call us smallwal

Smallwall.