Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Super Bowl XLIX

So, who is staying up to watch it?
How many of us are going to work Monday morning in a half zombie like state?

More importantly, who do we think is going to win?
Virtually every type of betting market has the 2 teams as the same odds. Almost impossible to split them.

I'm going for the Seahawks by a small margin, maybe 3 points.
Marshawn Lynch for MVP.

From my old list of NFL teams supported by Charlton Life members, it's 2-2

Patriots – @sam3110‌ @ForeverAddickted‌
Seahawks - @Cafcspud‌ @thecrazyaddick‌

Oh, and I'm still gutted that the Chiefs were the only team to beat both these teams this season.

Comments

• ah, so this is why certain people in the office have asked for Monday off!
  • Think it'll be a much better game than last year. Booked Monday off.
  • Hoping the Pats win just to send all those going on about the tuck rule/spy-gate/deflate-gate apoplectic. And I'm a Phins fan.

Belichick, Brady and the Patriots have been so good for so long that they deserve to get another Super Bowl win. I just hope the Phins can get to that level eventually.

I've booked Monday off to recover.
  • Hoping the Pats win just to send all those going on about the tuck rule/spy-gate/deflate-gate apoplectic. And I'm a Phins fan.

what does that refer too

what does that refer too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflategate

Hilarious when you think about it
  • edited January 2015
    I've generally got a prediction straight after the Championship games but this year I really don't know. Apparently it's the shortest super bowl spread betting in ages. Think the Patriots are the better team but the Seahawks are set up well to beat them by being more physical.

I'm leaning towards the Pats as the Seahawks offense is so streaky but they are going to rely so much on Gronk. If Brady gets hot for a bit though there is no way they would mess up like the Packers did.

Don't particularly like either team but Lynch putting in a monster performance would be amusing.

Going to either the Hippodrome or Bloomsbury Bowling for it.
  • Pats have recently used controversial formations deemed to be within the rules but "underhanded" by other teams. They have also been accused of ball tampering by deflating the game balls, making them easier to grip and catch in cold rainy weather
  • Monday off for this! I like them both equally, I would prefer Seahawks but I can't stand Wilson for some reason. Brady in the other hand is a legend, so I'd like them to do it so he gets closer to be the most decorated player. He's broken the QB records so far in the playoffs, he's an absolute machine.
  • No more underhanded than read option, wildcat, jumbo set, fake punt/FG etc. I feel that thinking outside of the box should be applauded, and the Harbaugh's are just crying babies. ;)
  • I've got Monday off! Tough one to call. Wilson needs to have a much better game than he did against the Packers if the Seahawks are to stand a chance. I want a Seahwaks win but I think the Patriots will just edge it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I want to see Gronk run roughshot all over Sherman so badly
  • I will be watching it on Sunday. I have watched every Superbowl since they started showing them over here. I support the Pats and will of course be cheering them on.

I have seen the Pats twice in London and visited the Gillette Stadium (in close season) and saw the New England Revolution 'soccer' team lose. Good afternoon out but $11 for a beer!
  • Think Pats will win and quite comfortably - 10 points.

Usually want AFC to win but can't being myself to cheer on Pats or Steelers in the Superbowl.
  • Seahawks ... bloody mindedness and aggression will overcome quality and class
  • Gay rugby. :-)
  • edited January 2015

Patriots - Seahawks I think. AFC looks quite weak as a whole but I think what that Pats have done on defence and Gronk back puts them over Denver. Think the Steelers/Bengals/Colts will all make the playoffs but not quite enough to stop a AFC Championship repeat, maybe the Steelers if their defence picks up enough as they look pretty good on offense.
    NFC should be pretty great though, I thought the 49ers had a better team than Seattle last season but the home advantage won it for them. This year though it looks like the NFC West will drop back a bit as there have been loads of injuries in the 49ers and Cardinals defence. and the Rams are pretty meh even without Bradford down. NFC North looks great, I think the Bears should win but wouldn't be surprised if any of the 4 teams made the playoffs really, think the Vikings will be much improved although Packers probably the favourites to join them. NFC South looks very good as well, Saints to win the division as they look stacked but again I think the other 3 teams have a shot at the wild card spot, Buccs should be better, especially on defence and Falcons with Julio Jones back. Panthers have had a dreadful off season after it looked like they had made a team which would be good for years but their defence might still give them a shot. I'm a Redskins fan but christ, the NFC East is the embarrassment of the NFC. Excited about Desean Jackson and hopefully RG3 steps back up but I don't expect much, Eagles to walk it.

Too late for a nfl.com fantasy league? A CharltonLife draft would be pretty cool.

well done Hudson-son-son with your prediction back in September.
  • Won tickets to the O2 big bash thingy....
  • Will be watching it on my own, downstairs, and trying not to wake the missus or kids up when I go to bed, then into work on Monday.

Normally struggle to keep awake during half time though.
  • If you can watch the U.S. feed. Worth it for the adverts alone.

No love for either team but I will pick the Seahawks because I can't stand the Pats.

There is also a good chance Beastmode will be joining The Raiders after this season so he will need another ring before then
  • Won tickets to the O2 big bash thingy....

Me too, went a couple if years ago and it was brilliant !
  • Sponsored links:

• I see next year is Superbowl 50 rather than Superbowl L as they thought L would be like Loser !!!
  • Looking forward to it. Should be a close one, leaning towards the pats but will keep my money in my pocket.
  • Looking forward to this - moved to vancouver yesterday - given their lack of an NFL team as well as the close proximity, they're all mad for the Seahawks. Planning to find a good sports bar and soak up North American culture (and beer)!
  • Will stay up for it. Not a massive NFL fan but I enjoy the Superb Owl.

Have to be cheering for the Seahawks. Patriots always come across as very shady and Brady is a massive bell piece.
  • MrOneLung said:

I see next year is Superbowl 50 rather than Superbowl L as they thought L would be like Loser !!!

Like the (very) old Steve Wright sketches where Sid the manager called Rocky IV .. Rocky Ivy ..
  • colthe3rd said:

Will stay up for it. Not a massive NFL fan but I enjoy the Superb Owl.

Have to be cheering for the Seahawks. Patriots always come across as very shady and Brady is a massive bell piece.

• Cheering on the Seahawks this year, reckon they will win by 4-7pts
  • Really dislike Patriots but I'm finding it hard to support Seahawks as they are the defending champions from last year.

Just hopefully we will get a good game.
  • MrOneLung said:

well done Hudson-son-son with your prediction back in September.

Get your money on a shock MVP victory for Drew Brees which I also predicted.
  • Chiefs fan. So a neutral. Would prefer the Patriots to win but think it will be a close one.