Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

March 1951 - October 2014 (RIP @March51)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    How terribly sad for you Jimmy. As others have said, your tribute is beautiful; sad, moving, yet enjoyable to share. That bond between generations at football is something very very special.
  • Options
    Really nice post Jim.

RIP March51.
  • Options
    Really good tribute Jimmy, very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Wonderful tribute Jimmy.

RIP March.
  • Options
    RIP. Thoughts with you Jimmy
  • Options
    Really touching tribute. sorry for your loss Jimmy.
  • Options
    A simply wonderful tribute....you've done your Dad proud Jimmy.

And of course you must continue attending matches...cos now you'll be representing him.

Condolences to you and your family mate.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss Jimmy. Sad day for you and the forum. He'll be missed. RIP
  • Options
    Condolences to you & your family

A wonderful loving tribute
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jimmy
    So sad to read your news - so beautifully written and very poignant because I lost my Dad just before Christmas. My Dad lived in Charlton Lane in between the pub and Harvey Gardens - as a kid it looked like the floodlights were in the bottom of my Grandad's garden. Your list of games mirror my own - early days at the top of the East Terrace - the many trips to Selhurst, the full members cup final, the play-off final and those wonderful premiership years. Like you I was not sure I would want to go back without him but I am going this Saturday taking my son (a lifelong supporter), my daughter and the Mrs - it will be the first time all four of us been together because we want to see the memorial before the game to those supporters who have passed in the last 12 months including my Dad - God bless your Dad, my Dad and RIP - thank you for giving me Charlton to support and all those memories, thank you for taking me to my local team and not any of the other so called big teams - I am going to miss you so much and Saturday will really bring that home.

Condolences Stevie
  • Options
    @stevied1954‌ and @JiMMy 85 - I think we are due a win at the weekend....

For all our cherished Dad's.......
  • Options
    Never met March but cracking tribute fr you.

I'm not even charlton but that's terrible news and sort of feel like I knew him.

Thoughts with you and yours Jimmy. Seemed a thoroughly good bloke. RIP
  • Options
    very sad news, r i p.
  • Options
    RIP extremely sad news
  • Options
    Very moving tribute - brought a tear to my eye as I sit at my desk. You did your Dad proud.

RIP March51.
  • Options
    Tha's a lovely piece. I lost my dad last Apri, and can relate to almost all of your tribute. Even now, though the Valley has changed beyond recognition from how it was when we first went and stood at the bottom of the east terrace, there is a small part of it that I still share with him, and I'm sure you feel the same. It's more tan a bond, it's shared memories with a special person.
    RIP, and condolences to you and your family.
  • Options
    Jimmy, thoughts with you mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad news, thoughts are with you Jimmy.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Jimmy, my Dad is long gone, and i suppose being realistic i'm the next to 'pop it' in my family - if i thought my son would write the sort of tribute about me that you have written for your Dad then i would be very proud.
    You are a credit to your Dad and this club that binds us. I think its our duty to bring our children and next generation through this club that we all love .
    Its OUR Heritage - its OUR club.

COYR.
  • Options
    Sounds like your Dad had the perfect send off.