Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

March 1951 - October 2014 (RIP @March51)

Comments

• Options
    Really sorry for your loss.

What a beautifully written and heartfelt tribute to your Dad.
  • Options
    Beautiful tribute, condolences to you and your family.
  • Options
    So sorry, RIP
  • Options
    Sad but great post. RIP March51.
  • Options
    Sad news. And, a wonderfully written tribute to a great contributor on this website. Condolences to you and your family.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Ah damn it.

I'm really sad to learn this. Terry really seemed a lovely guy, he never seemed to be down in any way.

I used to love seeing that CAFC flag flying high on my way down the A217 (between Woodhatch and Horley)

I'm sorry for your loss @JiMMy 85‌ and I will be thinking of you all, over the coming days.

@March51‌ can sit and watch Charlton with my mum (who has been watching from the stand up in the sky 13 years tomorrow).

I'm certain it's a better place where Charlton look far better and they win every game :smile: I'm glad it was a peaceful passing.

RIP Terry.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Gutted for you and everyone that knew him. RIP
  • Options
    A wonderful tribute Jimmy. RIP March51 and may he enjoy three points on Saturday from the best seat in the house.
  • Options
    Nothing prepares you for the loss of your dad, but sounds like you have a lot of happy memories, so he is still with you. RIP
  • Options
    Life's about memories. Any Dad would be proud of a tribute like that. Let's hope you are back down at the Valley again soon Jimmy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A wonderful tribute Jimmy. You've got me in tears here.

RIP March51.
  • Options
    RIP, tremendous tribute.
  • Options
    Thoughts are with you and your family Jimmy. Sounds like your dad was proper Charlton and certainly followed us through some proper highs and lows! It'll be tough but he would want you to keep the story going for him.

All the best and RIP March.
  • Options
    RIP to your old fella.
  • Options
    I loved his contributions and love of history, what a sad loss and well done Jimmy for such a moving tribute.
  • Options
    RIP March51.
  • Options
    I'm sure your dad was very proud of you anyway Jimmy, but he would be bursting with pride now if he could read that so moving tribute. So very sorry for your loss, but your dad will always be in your heart and in such happy Charlton memories.

RIP Terry.
  • Options
    Jimmy it's so sad fella.

I really feel for you and your family.

RIP March51.
  • Options
    SO sorry to hear this news , Jimmy and my thoughts are with you & your family at this sad time.

I too didn't have the pleasure of meeting your dear Dad but it's obvious to all on CL that he was the salt of the earth & will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him.

He's with some of his "old" Charlton heroes now and I'm sure they will have so much to talk about & so many memories to share.

And he will be SO proud of his son for that fantastic tribute !

Take care.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    RIP March. A really lovely tribute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely tribute Jimmy.

RIP March51
  • Options
    What a lovely tribute, speaks volumes and brought a tear to my eye. Like you I was introduced to Charlton by my dad- some of his ashes are up on the garden of remembrance.
    RIP March51
  • Options
    RIP March, what a lovely tribute.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    A lovely tribute to a father from his son.
    Our thoughts are with you all at this sad time.
    RIP Terry.
    Ray
  • Options
    Beautiful words, Jimmy - got tears in my eyes.

I never knew your Dad in person, but felt I got to know him a little on here. All the best to you and the rest of the family and friends over coming weeks. You're right that going to the Valley will never be the same - it's nine years since my Dad passed away, and I always still think of our times together when I'm there now.

Stay strong - no, forget that, grieve all you need to - and treasure your memories.

RIP March 51.
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    Thank you for that post. I wish you well and hope you keep his 'flag' flying. What a great tribute to your dad you have given.
  • Options
    Though I didn't know him this news has really upset me. I send my condolences and what a moving tribute.
  • Options
    So very sorry to hear this sad news this evening and you should be both proud that your dad was held in such high regard by us all and also of your own tribute to Terry. Take care of yourself and your family in the days to come.
  • Options
    Very sad news.
    RIP