Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

March 1951 - October 2014 (RIP @March51)

Comments

• Options
    A wonderful post Jimmy and a fitting tribute to your Dad. My heartfelt condolences to your family and of course you. RIP Sir
  • Options
    RIP March, shall be missed on the forum and in society.

Condolences to you Jimmy, and your family.
  • Options
    Nice tribute. Sorry for your loss.. RIP
  • Options
    Through his posts on here I liked your dad a great deal. A lovely article and I am sure he would be proud of you. Sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Moving tribute Jimmy. I am sure many of us can relate to that special bond between Dad's and son's and Charlton. He will cheer every goal from the top tier now - have no doubts about that mate.

My thoughts are with you and your family. RIP @March51‌
  • Options
    RIP
    Too young to go.
  • Options
    Great tribute Jimmy. So sorry to learn of the loss of your Dad.

RIP March
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear this Jimmy. The tribute you wrote would have made your Dad very proud.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

RIP Terry.
  • Options
    A lovely tribute, RIP March...
  • Options
    Great trbute, and so sorry for your loss, our loss too.
    One of our own. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was a lovely tribute Jimmy. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace Terry, thinking of you and you're family at this sad time
  • Options
    I'm very for your loss Jimmy.

That was one lovely tribute mate. Struck a chord with me as I'm sure it did with many others on here.

RIP March
  • Options
    Jimmy what a wonderfully moving and affectionate tribute to your dad who was obviously a great guy. You spoke to me in that tribute as I too was introduced to Charlton by my dad some 53 years ago.

Please accept my condolences for your loss RIP a true Red
  • Options
    Such sad news. Heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

RIP March51
  • Options
    I'll say the story you told about your dad's car being broken into and the thief slinging the Duane Eddy tape away not only made me laugh at the time but whenever I think of car crime that is what I think of and have a giggle trying to imagine your dad taking more personal offence to the thief's musical difference than the family car being broken into
  • Options
    What a lovely tribute. Your Dad would be proud. I can only hope that my children will do the same then I will leave happy.

I don't think I knew him but just from that tribute and that of others on here I wish I had

R.I.P
  • Options
    Really lovely tribute to your Dad there Jimmy and really sorry to hear of your lose

RIP
  • Options
    Jimmy, my heart felt condolences and support to you and your family at such a sad time.
    I have never been lucky enough to meet your dad, like many on here, but know him as a true Charlton gentleman through his posts. I truly enjoyed his contributions for their honesty and balance. Being a Charlton fan is never easy, especially over a lifetime.
    Your tribute is truly moving, Jimmy, and it is clear to see the high esteem your dad was held in by all.
    RIP March51.
  • Options
    Your moving words really got to me. Hearing of any Addick passing is bad enough, but even more so when it's one of our CL family.

Stay strong Jimmy and relish those wonderful memories and please, (on behalf of fellow addicks everywhere) pass on our condolences to all his love ones.

R.I.P March51...........
  • Options
    RIP March51.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    RIP.

I too was moved by your story ,it brought a tear to my eye .

I never met your Dad ,but I have shared a lifetime of experiences with him .

For me this is Charlton Life at its best . Sharing all these wonderful stories which bind us together.
  • Options
    Left a lump in my throat
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP March 51
    Remember all of those good times Jimmy
    You were fortunate to be Terry's son. Your tribute reads so proud. Well done for posting I'm sure he would have been just as proud in return.
  • Options
    My thoughts with you and your family Jimmy, take good care of each other, may your dad rest in peace and look down on you proudly.
  • Options
    Bless you Jimmy, that's a beautiful moving tribute.
    RIP dear Terry
  • Options
    Very very sorry to hear of your loss, Jimmy. A very touching piece. Say strong.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    That is a really nice tribute to your Dad Jimmy, and as mentioned on here he sounded like a nice, genuine person and always came across well on here.

Sorry for you loss.
    RIP Terry (March51)
  • Options
    RIP

Lovely tribute Jimmy
  • Options
    Very sad, thoughts are with you and family.

RIP

Lovely tribute to your Dad
  • Options
    So sorry to read this, but your tribute to your Dad is lovely.

Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure to meet your Dad in person, but he was a member of this community whose contributions I've always valued.

RIP March51