Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

operation stack

124»

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Just line the entire edge of the camp with laser trip wires, shrapnel mines and anthrax, that'll stop the c**ts

You are Shami Chakrabarti and I claim my five pounds.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Just line the entire edge of the camp with laser trip wires, shrapnel mines and anthrax, that'll stop the c**ts

You are Shami Chakrabarti and I claim my five pounds.
    Give old Shami a call, she could do with hand...
  • Options
    Seth they are TOLD to destroy their ID so they cant be sent back to their country of origin.

• Options

Seth they are TOLD to destroy their ID so they cant be sent back to their country of origin.

I think Seth is asking what you'd do with a French citizen who hasn't got his passport on him every day?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    seth plum said:

What happens if the people have no ID? Where do they get sent to in that instance?

If they have no ID they should be treated as illegal economic migrants and unable to claim asylum. If they genuinely have cause to claim asylum, they wouldn't be worried about carrying ID and being able to prove where they have come from.

If they were genuinely fleeing their countries because of persecution they would be happy to claim asylum in the first safe country they arrive. Most of the illegal migrants wanting to come to Britain do so because they believe they'll get houses and jobs/benefits.
  • Options
    My question is simply about a person scooped up by the authorities with no ID. They refuse to say where they're from so what happens then? Does a person in authority say "well you look like an American, or Cuban, or Eritrean, or Afghani, or Syrian, or Australian to me, so that's where we're sending you."
    Then we also get people who physically resist bring put on a plane as has happened.
    I suppose you do what has been happening, construct a great big holding pen or detention centre and keep people there for ever. Or somebody simply says I am an American, deport me to there. Perhaps there is an island to dump people, and they're told to get on with it.
    It is a mess, but one that needs sorting out.
  • Options

I think Seth is asking what you'd do with a French citizen who hasn't got his passport on him every day?
    Send him to Big Rob's for punishment
  • Options
    Back again!

Apparently a migrant died in the tunnel - where is the security? It's not going to be long before a terrorist gets into the tunnel and blows it up. What are the French Police doing to allow this?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

My question is simply about a person scooped up by the authorities with no ID. They refuse to say where they're from so what happens then? Does a person in authority say "well you look like an American, or Cuban, or Eritrean, or Afghani, or Syrian, or Australian to me, so that's where we're sending you."
    Then we also get people who physically resist bring put on a plane as has happened.
    I suppose you do what has been happening, construct a great big holding pen or detention centre and keep people there for ever. Or somebody simply says I am an American, deport me to there. Perhaps there is an island to dump people, and they're told to get on with it.
    It is a mess, but one that needs sorting out.

Prison.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kent's roads in chaos again - M20 and M2 are both no go areas and Maidstone very clogged up.
  • Options
    Still there and likely to remain until the weekend. The County Show starts tomorrow, which always causes extra congestion around the area and the Leeds castle concert on Saturday night could be the 'perfect storm' on our roads.
  • Options
    I commute on the M2 and M20, so fed up of traffic after the last couple of weeks, it's beyond a joke now.
  • Options

Still there and likely to remain until the weekend. The County Show starts tomorrow, which always causes extra congestion around the area and the Leeds castle concert on Saturday night could be the 'perfect storm' on our roads.

Was tempted to take the kids but I'm going nowhere near it this weekend with the roads as they are!!
  • Options
    Drive back from Ashford golf club on Tuesday evening. No problems north bound on m20 but seeing the scale of this in the flesh is unbelievable. I drove past 11 miles of trucks. Bearing in mind that operation stack had only commenced a few hours earlier it was quite something to take in. Thoughts go out to all those who need to deal with this on a regular basis.
  • Options
    I'm moving to Folkestone next month and my job involves a lot of driving. Fun times ahead.
  • Options
    Operation Stack is back again. M20 closed coast-bound between junctions 8 & 9.
  • Options
    Yay
  • Options
    Is this the effect of what the French use to call "entrant (non) cordial"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Maidstone area in chaos again this afternoon. Fortunately it is my day off, but my husband took 40 minutes to get home on a very short journey that should take about 10 minutes.

A petition has been started to David Cameron to do something https://change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-stop-operation-stack
  • Options
    Is this likely to last until the weekend? I'm due at a car show in Bratsed on Sunday.
  • Options
    Cost me a three and half grand job this week and tbh it will probably cause the client to not follow up on the remaining trade shows over in Belgium , France and holland resulting in a loss of about 10k to our business nice fucking work you bstds
  • Options
    Yeah really wish it'd piss off.
  • Options
    J8 to 11 closed tonight