Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

operation stack

Comments

• Options

Perhaps they can collect the toll chagre from the drivers who haven't paid to cross the dartford crossing.

Considering it's owned by a French company, I'd say that's pretty low on priorities............
  • Options

Perhaps they can collect the toll chagre from the drivers who haven't paid to cross the dartford crossing.

Considering it's owned by a French company, I'd say that's pretty low on priorities............
    It's not owned by a French company , just managed by one.
  • Options
    Just fix the bloody issue ffs it's been a week, it's water damage why the Fuk put water down there to put out the fire, use something that won't ruin it for weeks after

• Options
    Blame the french
  • Options
    Operation Ewood, now that was a shitty day, Gatwick, plane, mamouth coach journey 9 pints, shithouse display on the pitch, shiver.....a long depressing day.
  • Options
    Euro tunnel uses a system called SAFE, which utilises micro water suppression systems under high pressure. This turns micro water droplets into steam and reduces the temp really quickly and reduces the amount of oxygen available to feed the fire.

The water damage excuse doesn't ring true. Does Roland now own it?
  • Options
    That's what we thought but the guys at the gate seemed to be blaming the fact they put 0000000s of gallons of water down that area
  • Options
    Safe wasn't activated as the train was stopped in a different area
  • Options
    There you go then , bloody stupid design, i have just had to pass on a cost to my client that fortunately they were willing to pay but this couldve not just cost me time but a fair few grands worth of work
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Irritates me to hear it on the radio. Calling it an Operation suggests it is planned, but frankly where else are all these lorries going to end up? Typical modern speak by someone clueless who wants to look like he or she has a plan....
  • Options

You were lucky @ME14addick‌ a girl I know was driving back from Sidcup after school Wednesday with her two kids, they got back to Ashford at 1.30am.

Ridiculous

I was lucky AFKA - I only have a short journey, but even that took four times as long as normal. Most of the people I work with were late for work and many live much further away than I do and had horrendous journeys this week.
  • Options
    I took a video yesterday driving back up from Milstead area, will try and upload it later, incredible sight
  • Options
    In fairness, Operation Stack usually works well although local people aresick to death of the huge inconvenience. This has gone on longer and the chaos has affected a lot of other areas. I reckon locals will think that's a good result!
  • Options
    Driving to Ashford on Sunday. Is this mess sorted?
  • Options
    we were advised that the best route to get us home this weekend is to get the boat to harwich, cars are moving quicker but freight is still queing
  • Options

we were advised that the best route to get us home this weekend is to get the boat to harwich, cars are moving quicker but freight is still queing

Try and hurry it along mate, I'm clucking.
  • Options
    Its on its own way mate, waiting for the good shit is worth while
  • Options
    Yet again Kent suffers when French workers shut the port of Calais. Last week large parts of Kent came to a standstill and it is happening again and this time it could be for much longer.

The Government MUST do something other than shut the M20 which has a knock-on effect far away from the actual port.
  • Options
    With every strike, we see operation stack, and after every strike we get calls for something to be done. Everybody wants a alternative parking place to be built, but no one wants it at the bottom of their garden. So it will never get built, like the third runway, itwill just rumble on and on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Usually only the coast-bound carriageway of the M20 is closed between junctions 8 & 9, but this time phase 3 is being implemented, which will affect the London bound carriageway as well.
  • Options
    Having been stuck in it myself before I hope it clears quick or the heat will cause Some one real problems stuck in an artic for days
  • Options
    The blokes in them will be okay heat-wise. It will still stink like a polecat, mind
  • Options
    The local dogging sites will be rammo.
  • Options
    Nightmare around Maidstone again.

It's funny how the English MyFerryLink staff are OK about the transfer to DFDS, yet just a few French workers have to cause chaos, not only to the port but to Eurotunnel. Let's hope they get records for the criminal damage they've caused and DFDS tell them to do one.
  • Options
    Myferrylink is owned by Eurotunnel which is french owned, It is the french which are setting fire to tyres at the entrance to Eurotunnel and to the ferries and just blocking everything. So they are just screwing everything up. They really do not care. Bloody typical french.
  • Options
    Myferrylink has been sold to DFDS, on instruction of the Competition Commission.
  • Options
    Say what you want about the M20 closure but I won't have a bad word said about the French!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Say what you want about the M20 closure but I don't have a good word to be said about the French!

EFA.

• Options

Dansk_Red Member
    6:38PM
    Myferrylink has been sold to DFDS, on instruction of the Competition Commission.
    ----------------------------------
    What actually happened was that on the 9th Jan Eurotunnel announced that because of decisions made by the Competition and Markets Authority it would sell it's maritime business. Myferrylink had aquired the Seafrance ships after SNCF allowed its subsidiary to be liquidated. Following a tender process, Eurotunnel retained an offer from DFDS and signed a "Bareboat" rental agreement for the ships Berlioz and Rodin startin on the 2nd July 2015. The ships can be sold to DFDS on Eurotunnels initiative once an "Alienability" clause has been lifted or at the earliest mid 2017.

This is from a directive sent out from Eurotunnel to it's staff.

My wife works for them and that is how I got to see this info. It was also put out as a press release but after this was sent out. Only put on here as info.....