Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

operation stack

Comments

• Options
    Operation Stack phase 4 now being implemented. M20 now closed for 23 miles from junction 8 to the Channel Tunnel. I hope our Government will bill the French Government for all the chaos this is costing us. I feel very sorry for anyone caught in traffic jams in this heat.
  • Options
    This is getting stupid now. Just heard that Kent motorways only have 'storage facilities' for another 1,000 lorries.

And the French authorities continue to do feck all.
  • Options
    Have friends with young kids who are getting caught up in some horrendous school runs
  • Options
    Let's hope it's sorted before the Belgian Pre Season trip otherwise I'm not sure I could hold back Henry from running amok.
  • Options
    If it aint go via hook of holland and across to Belgium, pukka journey
  • Options
    That means we have to go to Essex.
  • Options
    What is the industrial dispute actually about?
  • Options
    Yeah buddy not ideal but the best way to Belgium when those frenchies are up to no good ,

The ferry is better , the mileage the other side should be less, and although it takes 7 hrs instead of 1.5 to cross or 35 mins on.the train if you get A cabin it's well worth it ,

What is your drive time from France to Belgium
  • Options
    Think it was about 3 hours last year, but SE7toSG3 may be planning a visit to the Liege forts for us first.
  • Options
    I would seriously consider it mate , I got stuck in that earlier this year an initial weds evening heading back to the UK turned in to a Friday am return home

Went out to Belgium a few days later via harwich - hook- Belgium , done less fuel than I would have. Less journey time behind the wheel and was watered and rested on the ferry,

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Calais has apparently re-opened and congestion is easing. Threats of more blockades though.
  • Options
    My other halfs journey back from Folkestone took 3 1/2 hours today. I'm keeping my head down this evening.
  • Options

Very modern man SantaClaus. Hope she returns the favour

he might be modern. You know it's a she?
  • Options

Have you had a bad experience in Bangkok Baldy? Chalk it down to experience and don't beat yourself up.
  • Options

Have you had a bad experience in Bangkok Baldy? Chalk it down to experience and don't beat yourself up.
    as it happens....
  • Options
    M20 westbound all open again as are all slip roads around ashford. Still diverted coast bound at junction 8 but all eased up.
  • Options

He was bitten on the nob by a ladybird.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's gone!!
  • Options

It's gone!!

Hopefully that is the farce that is called "Operation stack"...... been avoiding the area of Hythe all week.
    All okay now with the motorway?......
  • Options
    Yes - Operation Stack has gone - perhaps we can now get back to normal. Knock on effect throughout Kent has been dreadful.
  • Options
    Didn't last long - Operation Stack is back again this morning with the M20 closed coast-bound between junctions 8 & 9. More travel chaos in Kent again today.

This time due to illegal migrants storming the Eurotunnel terminal in Calais. Just imagine what could happen if they were terrorists and the carnage they could cause. Security can't be good enough if people can illegally enter this area so easily. It is time the French got tougher on this type of action.
  • Options
    Only freight not running ,
  • Options
    Yep, apparently 150 migrants........stormed the restricted area.
    About time the 2 governments got together and delivered a solution to this, The disruption is becoming not only an irritation, but a serious security issue. If the 2 countries cannot resolve this, then so much for a terrorist attack as you mention....... Typical meddle and fudge by anglo British\ French powers that be.
  • Options
    Does make me laugh... got the ferry back from calais yesterday (which was incidently fine) and saw the massive fence we've allegedly paid for, but it doesnt even stretch as far as their camp, so they can just walk round the end of it?! Pretty shameful both governments still cant combat this problem effectively after all these years.
  • Options
    Just line the entire edge of the camp with laser trip wires, shrapnel mines and anthrax, that'll stop the c**ts
  • Options
    If the French did their job properly, they'd approach all people in their country illegally and force them to either claim asylum and process them, or else arrest them as illegal immigrants and deport them accordingly. They don't, so they shift a humanitarian and security crisis into us and the other countries in their free movement zone.
  • Options
    What happens if the people have no ID? Where do they get sent to in that instance?