Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Team for Wolves

13»

Comments

• Bartram, Hewie, Minto, Ufton, Miller, Kinsella, Parker, Murphy, Di Canio, Leary, Firmani.

Bench : Kiely, Solly, Perry, Johnny R, Killer.

Rationale : Everyone comfortable on the ball. With the exception of Hewie and Miller all looked good on the ball - Miller had other talents ; did not like being bettered + always ready to have a few words or swing something firmer. Possible downside apart from none of them for various reasons being available for selection - Leary, Murphy, and Di Canio would be demanding the ball at their feet - each could control a game effortlessly when in the frame of mind. Of the three diCanio
  • continued ......Di Canio had the best skills running with the ball at his feet, and taking players on. Goals would come, as they always did from from Leary and Firmani. Above all this would be a team exuding passion and soul.
  • Bartram, Hewie, Minto, Ufton, Miller, Kinsella, Parker, Murphy, Di Canio, Leary, Firmani.

Bench : Kiely, Solly, Perry, Johnny R, Killer.

Rationale : Everyone comfortable on the ball. With the exception of Hewie and Miller all looked good on the ball - Miller had other talents ; did not like being bettered + always ready to have a few words or swing something firmer. Possible downside apart from none of them for various reasons being available for selection - Leary, Murphy, and Di Canio would be demanding the ball at their feet - each could control a game effortlessly when in the frame of mind. Of the three diCanio

Jensen, surely? Better on the ball than all the midfielders in there. "Move on" Powell ahead of Minto too. I've just realised how bored I must be to respond to this!
  • we need to sort the goal keeping issue out. Pope lost his confidence and the new guy is shit. This has led to the back four (whom ever it is) having also lost their shape and confidence in where the keeper will be or what he is able to do.
    The fact he stopped three good efforts on Saturday dosnt mean he wasnt at fault for 3 of the goals or his positional play is crap. He was Oldhams reserve for a reason. Either Henderson comes back soon or we need an experienced keeper for a short term contract.
  • Etheridge

Gomez ben haim onyewu

Solly buyens cousins wiggins

Gudmundsson

Watt vetokele
  • wmcf123 quite right to point out my post was boring......agree we should always move on, and avoid nostalgia - especially because our perceptions of things past can never be reliable. However the sharp response jolted me into thinking about the present....the word 'boring' in terms of both on and off the field activity is spot on. Cannot recall mind switching to other things during the middle of a game until quite recently. Sure things will change as they always do.

Still think though that Minto was underrated, but can see an argument for Powell !
  • Am I the only person who think Simon Church deserves a start.

Yes, I believe you are.
    Sorry, but I think it too. At least he tries, or has done up till now.

• Presumably I'll be able to get a ticket at the ground for this?

Yes, I believe you are.

I think Church's running can be a useful asset, stretching the opposition defence and creating gaps (assuming anyone else can be bothered to exploit them)

Yes, I believe you are.

I think Church's running can be a useful asset, stretching the opposition defence and creating gaps (assuming anyone else can be bothered to exploit them)
    He does run a lot yes, but a lot like a headless Chicken, I think it's just a sign of how bad our current form is that we're debating Church going back in the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jim Davidson
    Cannon and Ball French and Saunders
    Wayne Sleep Louie Spence
    Frankie Boyle Bill Bailey Stephen Fry Adam Hill
  • paulc said:

Jim Davidson
    Wayne Sleep Louie Spence

The way Church and Tucudean go up for headers they could easily pass for Louie Spence.
  • Whatever .. Veljkovic and Watt must start .. My team: Etheridge (there is no-one else) Solly, Ben Haim, Bikey, Wiggins ... Gudmandsson, Veljkovic, Buyens, Jackson .. Church, Watt ..

Cousins and Vetokele look increasingly in need of a rest, Jackson on the left for experience and through a lack of a real alternative
  • paulc said:

Jim Davidson
    Wayne Sleep Louie Spence

Play Cannon up front as he has a good shot.

Sleep and spence to keep close to their men.

Davidson is captain as he's 100% Cafc

I would take out Adam hill as he's very one footed and Frankie Boyle as he would heckle the crowd,
    and play the chuckle Brothers on either wing, even thou they tend to over hit their crosses.

From me to you, From me to you.

Yes, I believe you are.

He does run a lot yes, but a lot like a headless Chicken, I think it's just a sign of how bad our current form is that we're debating Church going back in the team.
    If it is true that Tucudean has gone its a sign we have no other forwards.