Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Team for Wolves

Comments

• Dmitrovic
    Solly Gomez TBH Wiggins
    Gudmundson Buyens Jackson Cousins Harriott
    Watt

• Don't care who is playing as long as they show a bit of passion and put up a fight. Anything but that gutless shit they showed yesterday.
  • Nicholas said:

Don't care who is playing as long as they show a bit of passion and put up a fight. Anything but that gutless shit they showed yesterday.

And this is exactly why I asked. If much rather we played kids who are going to show 100% effort and commitment instead of the likes of Buyens moping around the pitch looking disinterested.

The result was annoying but what got to me was that the players (other than about 4) just didn't care and it showed.
  • I think if jackson plays it has to be as an attacking midfielder, the game just passes him by otherwise,

Etheridge
    Solly Gomez TBH Wiggins

Buyens Cousins

JBG Jackson Harriot

Watt/Igor

• ----------Etheridge
    Gomez - Bikey - TBH - Wiggy
    -------------Solly
    -------Buyens - Cousins
    -------------JBG
    -------Veto ------Watt
  • Nicholas said:

Don't care who is playing as long as they show a bit of passion and put up a fight. Anything but that gutless shit they showed yesterday.

And this is exactly why I asked. If much rather we played kids who are going to show 100% effort and commitment instead of the likes of Buyens moping around the pitch looking disinterested.

The result was annoying but what got to me was that the players (other than about 4) just didn't care and it showed.
    ANYONE but Buyens. Would rather Mitov was picked for CM in his place.
  • edited January 2015
    Agree. Buyens time is up. Play a kid from the academy instead if we have to.
  • Etheridge
    Gomez, Trialist, Trialist, Wiggins
    Trialist, Trialist, Cousins Gudmundsson
    Trialist, Watt
  • I'm actually going to this game and having been to countless away games in the past 4 years, i've only managed to see one defeat (3-0 Doncaster).

Reasons for optimism!

Wolves 0-4 Charlton - HappyValley can finally retire off his winnings and buy a house on the Spanish coast.
  • Sponsored links:

• My team would be:

--------AFKA--------
    Dazzler21--Prague--Clem--Henry

------------Absurdistan--------
    Goonhater------NLA-----Ken from Bexley

--------Big Rob(target man)-----------
    --------------Paulie(poacher)---------

I am assuming the only possible reason for not selecting Nathan Prior is that he works on Saturdays?!
  • Oakster said:

My team would be:

--------AFKA--------

I am assuming the only possible reason for not selecting Nathan Prior is that he works on Saturdays?!
    Serving a suspension I believe......
  • I think we have two options and really hope that Luzon does not play the 4-2-3-1 that he tried at Watford -

First option: 4-4-2

Etheridge
    Solly TBH Bikey Wiggins
    Gudmundsson Buyens Jackson Cousins
    Vetokele Watt

Second option: 3-5-2
    Etheridge
    Gomez TBH Bikey
    Solly Buyens Cousins Gudmundsson Wiggins
    Vetokele Watt
  • Henderson

Gomez
    Gomez
    Ben Haim
    Wiggins

Cousins
    Buyens

Solly
    J B-G
    Vetokele

Watt
  • Has Gomez got a brother?
  • Etheridge has to be dropped. Saturday was the poorest performance I've seen from a keeper in our colours in many years.

Agree that Bikey has to be dropped. I'd love to see Gomez play. With Ben Haim's experience alongside him he'd be fine. If you're good enough, you're old enough....

Watt up front alongside Vetokele to give Igor some help. He was our one bright spark on Saturday but was a big ask on his own against their three centre-backs

Unfortunately Wolves have found some form after their wobble before Xmas so anything from this game will be a real bonus
  • My team would be:

--------AFKA--------

I hope we're using 5-aside goals...
  • wmcf123 said:

Henderson

Gomez
    Gomez

Ben Haim
    Wiggins

Cousins
    Buyens

Solly
    J B-G
    Vetokele

Watt

We all dream of a team of Joe Gomez, a team of Joe Gomez, a team of Joe Gomez.

Normally the saying after a 5-0 thumping is "things can only get better", but I really don't feel like that, which is worrying.

Gk: Dmitrovic, think Etheridge has had a bit of a slaughter

Rb: Gomez
    Cb: TBH
    Cb: Onyewu
    Lb:Wiggins

Cdm: Solly
    Cdm: Cousins

Cam: Gudmundsson
    Lw: Harriott
    Rw: Igor

Cf: Watt
  • Given what happened at Watford I think it would be wise to leave one up top and absorb pressure maybe hit them on the counter, therefore;

Etheridge
    Solly TBH Bikey Wiggo
    Wilson Jacko Buyens Cousins
    Gudmudnsson
    Watt or Igor
  • edited January 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    -------------------Etheridge
    Solly----Gomez-----Ben Haim----Bikey-----Wiggins

Gudmundsson---Buyens---Jackson---Cousins

-------------------Watt
  • Etheridge

Solly Gomez TBH Wiggins

Buyens Jackson

Gudmundsson Cousins/Harriot

Watt Vetokele

Think Bikey has been cruising for a little while and needs to be given a kick up the a$$.

With Solly and Wiggins giving us width going forward it gives JBG/Cousins/Harriot license to come inside.

Ideally we would sign a proper holding midfielder to be in the side instead of Jackson, but as it stands he has to play as I don't fancy Cousins in the middle and would rather have Solly in his best position.

Etheridge only stays in because I have no faith in the new signing being any better!
  • Need to stop this run even if it means a dull backs to the wall 0-0.

Etheridge
    Solly, Gomez, Bikey, Wiggins
    Gudmundsson, Buyens, Jackson, Cousins, Harriott
    Watt
  • Think we need to be compact in midfield and try and get something on the break - If we are chasing the game I would drop a midfielder and bring on Tucudean

• Id like to see Gomez and TBH in the middle and Bikey rested from the squad.

We probably all want to see Watt and Igor in a 4-4-2 but the plan should probably be 4-5-1 and nick a point and go 4-4-2 when we are chasing the game.
  • Am I the only person who think Simon Church deserves a start. Yes, he's not very good BUT he will give you 100%. In both his recent substitute appearances, he's put in a shift and won a couple of potentially dangerous free kicks from his efforts.
  • Am I the only person who think Simon Church deserves a start.

Yes, I believe you are.
  • The way we are playing at the moment, it doesn't matter what team we put out or the formation we use. We seem to be so short of confidence that if we go a goal down we will never come back from it. I really can't see us picking any points up from Wolves either. Sorry to be this down about Charlton, bt i can't see where the next goal is coming from.
  • kjmorris said:

Think we need to be compact in midfield and try and get something on the break - If we are chasing the game I would drop a midfielder and bring on Tucudean

Solly left back, Wiggins right? Are you Bob in disguise? ;)
  • Am I the only person who think Simon Church deserves a start. Yes, he's not very good BUT he will give you 100%. In both his recent substitute appearances, he's put in a shift and won a couple of potentially dangerous free kicks from his efforts.

No, pick your 100% players for Wolves. Manager should ask who is not able to give 100% and let them push off.

WE deserve more respect. The minimum requirement is effort and to be fair to Church he has always given that.