Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Choice TV article

Comments

More chance of this fella arriving :weary:

No chance. He is British......
  • edited January 2015
    Choice said:

Rossman92 said:

It says that Roland's main target for manager is Belgian international man Marc Wilmots, says when Guy's contract is up that Wilmots will be a likely candidate, as he will also be out of contract

Because Wilmots is fed up with having one of the best jobs in Europe and would much rather work with Tucudean, Buyens and Bulot than Lukaku, Hazard and Kompany. I'm sure Roland would break the bank to pay up the remaining three years on his contract as well. Dream on.
    he wouldn't be working with them would he, we would be in the premiership
    And how is Roland going to get us to the Premier League exactly? By sacking managers every six months? By recycling crap from the network? By not spending any money on quality players? By selling our best ones? By forcing a coach to pick certain players? Wilmots' contract runs until 2018. Surely if any coach manages, by some miracle, to get us into the Premier League he wouldn't deserve to be sacked immediately.

I don't doubt your article Choice, and maybe Duchatelet does want Wilmots, but we're a long, long way from that. What's more likely is Wilmots turning up at Standard Liege.
  • You obviously didn't read the last page.
    Free beer ,pies and everlasting gobstoppers.

Flask and blanket teleporting systems.

Substitution voting consoles on every seat.

Its all there.

• When your up to your armpits in a shitty swamp - is not the time to start dreaming of a far off future. I cannot believe these plans should come out now, it looks like Duchatelet is attempting to shift our focus away from team results.

I'm trying to stay objective and neutral about our owner but its getting hard.

When your bringing in a head coach why would you go public that you only need him in the short term as you really like someone else?
    A real insult to Luzon.

SORT IT OAAAAT !!
  • "The man Roland really wants..."
    This one....that one...some other one. And so it goes.
    How about we regain the club that WE really want?
    # MADE IN CHARLTON.
  • If it's true that the players won't play under Luzon so he didn't take over for Saturday, then what was their problem as they still didn't play!?

This needs fixing fast, the players need to take responsibily for their own actions too, regardless of who their coach is. Their display on Saturday was bordering on unforgivable, if they don't like the owners/coaches or directors it's no reason to punish the supporters who are the real payers if their wages. If I had my way I'd get rid of the whole lot of them and play a team of youngsters that will at least try hard. Not good enough charlton.
  • Choice said:

Swisdom said:

Why does he hide under a rock when things are going ok but leap to the forefront in times of strife.

The last couple of weeks he's been all over the place

hide under a rock ? you've got issues mate ...spend a bit more time your improving your golf rather than dig me out. if you've got something to say then lets sort it out away from your keyboard

when everything is going well theres little to debate ,obviously ...plus I just developed the website a week ago so a platform for blogging.

i don't claim that everything is true, what i'm saying is that someone else (not me) has passed on this info from the club, whether you choose to believe it or not is upto you but as a charlton fan i would share anything that i thought to be of interest to other fans. my personal opinion is that a lot of it makes sense, but as i have said ...it depends on us reaching the premier league.
    I thought the CCTV article was well righten. Your response to Swisdom however is pathetic and reminds me of that joke on ITTV Reams are you one and the same or related in some way?
  • That article is the greatest work of fiction since vows of fidelity were included in the French marriage service.
  • Sponsored links:

• How would we get bigger changing rooms in The East Stand - that would also have to be where some of the lounges are, assuming sponsors etc want to mingle with the players afterwards....but the dugouts are left in The West?

You'd also have to move the car park unless the team coaches are going onto the pitch.

As for hotel rooms, great night out in the Cons Club to be had by all those overnighters.
  • Whether it's made up or not isn't really here nor there given that all of these developments are based on us getting promotion from a league that we haven't won a game in for months !
  • Choice said:

Swisdom said:

Why does he hide under a rock when things are going ok but leap to the forefront in times of strife.

hide under a rock ? you've got issues mate ...spend a bit more time your improving your golf rather than dig me out. if you've got something to say then lets sort it out away from your keyboard

when everything is going well theres little to debate ,obviously ...plus I just developed the website a week ago so a platform for blogging.

i don't claim that everything is true, what i'm saying is that someone else (not me) has passed on this info from the club, whether you choose to believe it or not is upto you but as a charlton fan i would share anything that i thought to be of interest to other fans. my personal opinion is that a lot of it makes sense, but as i have said ...it depends on us reaching the premier league.
    My point is you've gone dark over the last couple of years and suddenly rocked up with articles and opinion galore on the latest saga. It also seems you'd rather stir it up rather than use your position to maybe bring a little calm to proceedings.

As for offering me out....are we 13 years old or something?

Don't get me wrong - there's a lot in the article I'd like to be true but let's not try to run before we can crawl

Ps - my golf still sucks :wink: :

• Choice said:

Rossman92 said:

It says that Roland's main target for manager is Belgian international man Marc Wilmots, says when Guy's contract is up that Wilmots will be a likely candidate, as he will also be out of contract

Because Wilmots is fed up with having one of the best jobs in Europe and would much rather work with Tucudean, Buyens and Bulot than Lukaku, Hazard and Kompany. I'm sure Roland would break the bank to pay up the remaining three years on his contract as well. Dream on.
    he wouldn't be working with them would he, we would be in the premiership
    The premiership looks extremely safe from Charlton's presence under Roland, so hotel plans and arrival of Wilmotts is all a bit pie in the sky. At present Roland has not even funded a replacement for KMG in the empty no 9 sheet. Unless Roland is padding out the sale prospectus. Even a hotel there seems a bit far fetched. It is not like it is that close to a tube / metro line.
  • Croydon said:

No offence to those of you who live there, but if someone was having a weekend in London for the football, why on earth would you stay in Charlton?!

Because it would be cheaper
  • Swisdom said:

Choice said:

Swisdom said:

My point is you've gone dark over the last couple of years and suddenly rocked up with articles and opinion galore on the latest saga. It also seems you'd rather stir it up rather than use your position to maybe bring a little calm to proceedings.

As for offering me out....are we 13 years old or something?

Don't get me wrong - there's a lot in the article I'd like to be true but let's not try to run before we can crawl

Ps - my golf still sucks :wink: :

I wasn't offering you out lol, I was saying I'd rather talk about stuff like that face to face rather than on a public forum. If thats the way you interpreted it then maybe its because you knew you were in the wrong to call me 'strange' the other day and then to 'crawl back under a rock' today ...you made the comment not me, I imagine you got the reaction you must of expected ?

Thing is football is all about debate and differences of opinion, thats what makes it a great sport ...everything is speculation all the time, none of us actually know the truth or what we read anywhere, so only time will tell.

Im not stirring anything up or dark in any way, i want the best for the club like anyone else and want my son to have some happy memories from his childhood. I shared some info thats all, just don't think theres any need to be offensive for that reason. Its a positive website with a community section and fans area so theres plenty of other stuff and a platform for anyone to use should the need arise, after 35 years of hard support I'm probably entitled to an opinion like anyone else. No ones forcing you to read it, just don't click on the link
  • ps: how can you describe the article as dark anyway or negative, think its very positive if true. there is no opinion on it all anyway, its just reporting information ...will be delighted to write about something good when it happens
  • Don't see the problem to be honest. They're just passing on info, personally strongly doubt the truth in it but don't see the harm.
  • Choice said:

Swisdom said:

I thought the CCTV article was well righten. Your response to Swisdom however is pathetic and reminds me of that joke on ITTV Reams are you one and the same or related in some way?
    It might have been well righten but it definitely wasn't well written.

Oh and choice, it isn't called the premiership anymore. If you need someone to proof read your stuff in future give me a shout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Choice said:

Swisdom said:

No need to threaten Swisdom, your post us there for comment as you say! He is entitled to his opinion and u. Your comment about sorting ut out away from the keyboard must make some bloggers wonder what type if person you are, if you cant take flack get out of the kitchen.
    By the way I think the whole article is crap, so you taking me away from the keyboard as well.
  • Can't understand the attitude towards Choice if I'm honest
  • Bring back 'Name that ground'
  • For anyone [and that included me] who hadnt seen it the video of katrien being questioned on the train is on the choice tv link as well.I thought she stood her ground well.I think she is lieing but as a lawyer she is unlikely to admit it . She wasnt [or didnt appear to be] frightened to stand up to the questioner who was insistent but not threatening.Shame when he asked her a question he didnt let her answer most of the time.
  • blockquote class="Quote" rel="addickedandy">
    Choice said:

Swisdom said:

No need to threaten Swisdom, your post us there for comment as you say! He is entitled to his opinion and u. Your comment about sorting ut out away from the keyboard must make some bloggers wonder what type if person you are, if you cant take flack get out of the kitchen.
    By the way I think the whole article is crap, so you taking me away from the keyboard as well.

It can't be just me that every time I see your name I read it as A DickHead Andy. Not that I think you are at all its just the way it looks.

Oh your so funny....
  • By going dark I meant you disappeared from the radar - not that you are becoming sinister.

The "sort it out away from the keyboard" comment has been read by others the same way I read it.

The "strange" comment was because we are in need of unity as a fanbase and all you could look to achieve from making the protest more obvious to the fans is just going to whip some of those lacking slightly in grey matter into a frenzy - as was seen at t he weekend. If you don't believe me look at the CAFC facebook page where people are saying the language was disgusting, our fans were offering out watford fans (including female ones). It just makes the whole thing unsavoury and isn't what CAFC is about.

Look - we are of a similar age, both support the club and both have young sons who (we hope) will support our club. Our club is currently in a precarious position. So what say we drop the playground antics and use your website's audience for better use and get behind the team and current squad. This site is the biggest and best CAFC fans site as it has a blend of positive and negative comments. Into The Valley is largely negative (hence it doesn't grow). If you want your site to grow it needs to know when to galvanise fans and that time is now.
  • I had to give up when I got to "was said to of soured". This isn't a great work of fiction at all.
  • Fair play to the guy in the second vid in the article, he predicted 5-1 to Watford...wasn't far off!