Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cousins

13»

Comments

• I'm glad he has turned it around since going back in the middle (not his choice) as I felt he wasn't going anywhere until the last 5 games.
  • Was my prediction for POTY this year and I've never thought to change that view (partly because no one else was consistently making a better case other than Solly). Was lucky enough to catch his home debut (I think it was anyway) against Forest two years ago, and was amazed by his composure on the ball that night. Well done Jordan.
  • I gave him a 9.5 on the Player's Marks thread. After sleeping on it I realise that was probably a bit of a stupid mark...

he deserved a 10!

I was staggered by how good he was last night. Criminal to play him in any other position than CM. He brings so much to this team - a vital cog in this resurgence.

He seemed to be a lot stronger with the ball at his feet last night - it would be great if he could keep adding this to his game.

Keep going Jordan!

If anything I think his stint on the wing has made him work on his close ball control which is now helping him in the centre of the park. I remember when he moved to the centre with coquelin and honestly thinking they both look quality but Jordan looks better. Hope we tie him down for a longer contract.
  • I gave him a 9.5 on the Player's Marks thread. After sleeping on it I realise that was probably a bit of a stupid mark...

he deserved a 10!

I was staggered by how good he was last night. Criminal to play him in any other position than CM. He brings so much to this team - a vital cog in this resurgence.

He seemed to be a lot stronger with the ball at his feet last night - it would be great if he could keep adding this to his game.

Keep going Jordan!

If anything I think his stint on the wing has made him work on his close ball control which is now helping him in the centre of the park. I remember when he moved to the centre with coquelin and honestly thinking they both look quality but Jordan looks better. Hope we tie him down for a longer contract.
    Yep, I wouldn't disagree.
  • We've won 4 out of 5 now, only losing when Cousins was out of the team. Previously Bob couldn't find a place for him in the middle, now it's a case of Cousins and who else.
  • He under contract to summer 16 I think

I hope someone is advising RD on this. In the summer we need to get him on a longer contract. Excellent player

• That was his best performance to date, he was a beast in the middle. Winning headers, making big challenges and even making good runs. Keep up the good work Jord.
  • Stone said:

I'm glad he has turned it around since going back in the middle (not his choice) as I felt he wasn't going anywhere until the last 5 games.

That's interesting - did he really want to stay wide then? His attributes suit the centre so much better; he's been outstanding since moving back inside. Late in the game last night, with both sides clearly tiring, he made a solid tackle in front of his own box before rampaging forward and recovering possession again when the counter attack broke down; genuine box-to-box. Even during the most depressing recent run he never hid when playing poorly out on the left. 100% effort every time. As the pressure now eases we'll hopefully see the more composed player who first broke into the team. He's had to carry some more senior pros at times and it was taking its toll.

• He said in one of the programs recently that he prefers being in the middle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Best player on the pitch last night. He gets everywhere. Involved all our attacking play and helped the defence out a lot as well. Never stops. Better on the ball than a lot of people realise I think.
  • Jordan had a great game. In fairness in the last 15 minutes after Lansbury was sent off was taken off, there was a lot of space for him, but he used it well and showed a dynamism not previously often on display
  • Class above yesterday. Finally being played in his right place.
  • Best player on the pitch last night. He gets everywhere. Involved all our attacking play and helped the defence out a lot as well. Never stops. Better on the ball than a lot of people realise I think.

Last night he was better on the ball.
    His close control had always let him down before, even thou he had been our most consistent midfielder all season.

Last night for the first time all facets of his game came together,
    power,winning headers, great runs, covering every blade of grass,
    And good close control.

Yoni and Jordan dove tailed so well last night.

• Lets hope he doesn't give him a big contract for liege
  • I think his best chance of becoming a starting player in the PL is with us. I hope he learns from the mistakes of young players like Tom Ince and Diego Poyet and bides his time with us.

I also think that his all round game is better than that of Poyet's. Poyet is very limited to defensive duties however Cousins has become a lot more attacking. His time spent on the wing would've helped that.

I wouldn't go as far as giving him the Captains armband, however, if Solly is to be our Captain, why not make him vice? He leads by example for such a young lad.

Brilliant game yesterday and long may it continue.
  • Katrien give the fella a new contract with a £30 million buy out clause.
  • his performance yesterday was reminiscent of Parker at his peak. I realise it is a lower division but the quality in the Championship has risen.
  • Playing on the left will have been beneficial to him - I'm sure of that. I think he is proving the point that all young players should learn. Building his career on the pitch rather than on West Ham's bench! I'm sure he will look back on the more productive and successful career because of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/charlton-athletic/10684497/Sheffield-United-v-Charlton-rising-star-Jordan-Cousins-puts-dark-days-behind-him.html

Very old interview, not sure if anyone else has seen it before but if not I'm sure you'll love him even more!

Thanks for that, really enjoyed reading that. Jordan seems like a top person as well as a good footballer.