Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cousins

Does anyone rate the bloke?

He's scored 2 goals but other than that adds very little to the team.

Surely there is better out there?

Comments

• I don't think he's been good this season, but the circumstances aren't great, so let's see.
  • Yes he's a good player. He's not in the team to score goals.
  • He's been one of the better performers this season, and that's despite him being shifted around different positions
  • Gone backwards, hasn't improved this season.
  • Don't think he is as good as the initial promise suggested.

Weak physically and doesn't seem to grab games by the scruff of the neck.
  • Essex_Al said:

Gone backwards, hasn't improved this season.

agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• At his best he has been best on the pitch. Last few weeks he hasn't been great.

Most surprisingly for me he hasn't been great when played in the middle, where I've been hoping to see him played. Is it an off period, lack of maturity or the problems behind the scenes? I think we've seen enough from him to hope it's a temporary blip.
  • Young players will have dips in form. Having said that, Poyet potentially is a much better player, he has that something about him that Cousins doesn't, that time on the ball that great players have
  • Needs a rest. He's been very poor for a few weeks now
  • I think your asking a bit much of him. Hes played week in week out and always gives his best. Hes a key player but like any other hes not perfect and wont be Pellé every match.
  • I don't actually mind him but he's definitely not having a good season.
  • no comment
  • Tavern said:

no comment

any comment on Millwall away ?

• He and Harriott are both younger than Morgan Fox yet so much more is expected
  • Wonder what percentage of games he has started in the correct position?
  • Sponsored links:

• Still young, let's not write him off yet.
  • Granted he's not been playing at his best recently, I put that down to the circus-like events going on behind the scenes of late.

However be careful what you wish for because this is Charlton and he could be moved on to another Championship side on a free transfer and probably flourish in more stable surroundings playing in a more confident team.
  • edited January 2015
    Yeah I think he's a very good player

Must be tough when you're trying to develop and you're constantly played out of position
  • He's doing fine, Not sure he's progressed that much in the last year, but then if he had, Roland would have sold him to a prem team? Has played most of his matches out of position.
  • His one of our own and i think he has been one of the better players this season (also solly).still young and learning and will get better and hopefully it will be with us.keep it up Jordan.
  • Maybe we can try him in goal, that might further his progress!
  • edited January 2015
    MLS said:

Does anyone rate the bloke?

He's scored 2 goals but other than that adds very little to the team.

Surely there is better out there?

Glad you've said this mate. Can't see anything to suggest all the people raving about him are right.

I think seeing Poyet and now Gomez and how good they are compared to him only strengthens my view.
  • edited January 2015
    Firstly he is a CM that has played most of this season out on the left. You can't judge him on that, is it any wonder he has been poor this season?

He's in good company. He has been no worse than anybody else of late.

• Firstly he is a CM that has played most of this season out on the left. You can't judge him on that, is it any wonder he has been poor this season?

When he has played centre mid I've still seen nothing to make me feel he's that great. I think if he was as good as we are being led to believe then there would've been more interest from teams in the prem but there seems not to have been.
  • buckshee said:

Firstly he is a CM that has played most of this season out on the left. You can't judge him on that, is it any wonder he has been poor this season?

When he has played centre mid I've still seen nothing to make me feel he's that great. I think if he was as good as we are being led to believe then there would've been more interest from teams in the prem but there seems not to have been.
    I can see where you're coming from. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he, or anybody else in this current squad is Premiership quality for that matter.

You are right about Poyet and Gomez. All though I'd like to see Gonez at CB at the expense of BIkey (who I think is an absolute carthorse (but that's another story).