Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Could his Luzon appointment be reversed?

13»

Comments

• RD had SL fans demanding changes and he ignored them.

We were in an uproar when Chris Powell left but he appointed Riga and, it could be argued, that turned out ok.

I can't see RD changing his mind. Maybe he will move a few players on, but I can't see him being dictated to about his choice of manager by the fans or the players.
  • RD had SL fans demanding changes and he ignored them.

We were in an uproar when Chris Powell left but he appointed Riga and, it could be argued, that turned out ok.

I can't see RD changing his mind. Maybe he will move a few players on, but I can't see him being dictated to about his choice of manager by the fans or the players.

Lets hope the Home office Can dictate then
  • Even if Luzon failed to get the visa, it's fairly clear where the next appointment will come from (ie overseas, cheap and no experience in this country). And even if we got Alex Ferguson, he would struggle to make anything from this sow's ear we are following at the moment
  • Sure hope it's reversed especially given Damien Matthew's comment's yesterday

He's met the players, he's had some chats and they are well aware of how he wants to play as well, so we tried that in the first-half.
    That sounds very much like work !
  • kafka said:

mogodon said:

Even if Luzon failed to get the visa, it's fairly clear where the next appointment will come from (ie overseas, cheap and no experience in this country). And even if we got Alex Ferguson, he would struggle to make anything from this sow's ear we are following at the moment

I thought we had got the next Alex Ferguson?
    No, we've got the next Michael Knighton
  • sammy391 said:

The date of the application for a work permit could be interesting. Could it have been made before Peeters was sacked?

FOI request anyone?
    Unless the Work-permit issue is a smokescreen for anything else (which there are a few rumours flying) , I would expect it to have been completed if it was made before peeters was sacked!
    The fact that the FoI would undoubtedly be for data which can be considered to be personal, that is, Luzon's data, there would be significantly more hurdles to overcome before disclosure. So, I doubt the info would be disclosed.
  • cafcfan said:

sammy391 said:

The date of the application for a work permit could be interesting. Could it have been made before Peeters was sacked?

FOI request anyone?
    Unless the Work-permit issue is a smokescreen for anything else (which there are a few rumours flying) , I would expect it to have been completed if it was made before peeters was sacked!
    The fact that the FoI would undoubtedly be for data which can be considered to be personal, that is, Luzon's data, there would be significantly more hurdles to overcome before disclosure. So, I doubt the info would be disclosed.
    would the date of the application be personal data though?
  • edited January 2015
    I would be surprised if the application was made before Peeters got the push. The Home Office are likely to take a dim view of an application by a non British/EU national for a job currently occupied by one! What the club probably could have done was give Luzon an advisory role with us based in this country - maybe around overseas recruitment- and obtained a permit for that. Then after 6 months or so, if they wanted to make him manager, he would already be working in this country with a permit that would just need amending. But they haven't and there are people who can throw some spanners in the works. The LMA for one and fans for two!
  • Apparantly Roland wants Marc Wilmots as our manager, supposedly his prime target. Wouldn't mind him to be honest if Guy doesn't work out
  • Sponsored links:

• Rossman92 said:

Apparantly Roland wants Marc Wilmots as our manager, supposedly his prime target. Wouldn't mind him to be honest if Guy doesn't work out

Hmmm. Wilmotts in should Charlton ever reach the Premiership...... and knew him at St Truiden where the relationship soured......Being friendly at a football match is different to accepting a job for someone you know to be difficult, cussed and will leave you very little autonomy (whilst heaping the blame on you if things go pear shaped).
  • Rossman92 said:

Apparantly Roland wants Marc Wilmots as our manager, supposedly his prime target. Wouldn't mind him to be honest if Guy doesn't work out

Doesn't matter who we have if RD won't put some cash in and improve the squad.

This is the link to that article:
    http://www.cafcchoicetv.co.uk/roland-the-man-he-really-wants-luzons-work-permit-stadium-changes/
  • I'd be surprised if Luzon wasn't at Vicarage Road yesterday although I think it's maybe a condition of a work permit application that you have to be out of the UK when applied for.
  • Luzon was there. Picture of him on Twitter with KM and RM.
  • he is allowed to be here- just not work
  • mogodon said:

kafka said:

mogodon said:

Even if Luzon failed to get the visa, it's fairly clear where the next appointment will come from (ie overseas, cheap and no experience in this country). And even if we got Alex Ferguson, he would struggle to make anything from this sow's ear we are following at the moment

I thought we had got the next Alex Ferguson?
    No, we've got the next Michael Knighton
    The Fruitcake That was Knighton.
  • Rossman92 said:

More chance of this bloke.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Wilmot
  • Luzon was there. Picture of him on Twitter with KM and RM.

Did he hide in laundry basket and get wheeled in to do the half time team talk?
  • Rossman92 said:

If he couldn't get Wilmots to manage Liege, a club where he was a hero and in the country he's from, then he's hardly going to get him to leave the national team job to come to a struggling championship side.
  • Not while Dudu and Guy have Roland's balls in a vice.

Going off piste i know Callum but are you a fan of the Marquis de sade by any chance ?

• Sponsored links:

• Rossman92 said:

If he couldn't get Wilmots to manage Liege, a club where he was a hero and in the country he's from, then he's hardly going to get him to leave the national team job to come to a struggling championship side.
    The article is suggesting when Wilmots leaves the national team job not now.
  • Rossman92 said:

absolutely, in what universe would the Belgian national manager join us?

In the history of Charlton Athletic, about as likely as the European Footballer of the Year joining us.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    Macronate said:

Rossman92 said:

absolutely, in what universe would the Belgian national manager join us?

In the history of Charlton Athletic, about as likely as the European Footballer of the Year joining us.
    That period of Charlton history did not end well.
  • Rossman92 said:

Contract until 2018
  • Rossman92 said:

Contract until 2018
    Luzon is contracted to 2016, be surprised if he makes its to 1945 on his first day - what time's the last Eurostar back to Brussels?

• Do the authorities have to follow up Luzon's illegal work of last week? Maybe it is too trivial a matter to bother with.