Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Could his Luzon appointment be reversed?

Serious question.

The atmosphere amongst the support is becoming increasingly toxic. Seems today that the players are none impressed, and it could well be that player feeling is much deeper than that.

Things can move quickly in this game, and the club is looking more and more in need of a complete overhaul.

Is there any way one of RDs advisors will push the agenda with him that the likelihood is we are going about this the wrong, and is there any chance he will listen to it?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Not while Dudu and Guy have Roland's balls in a vice.
  • edited January 2015
    I personally can't see it. I don't think RD employs Luzon because his advisors advise him to. He does so because he likes him and wants him to manage his clubs. That makes it more of a personal appointment as much as a profession decision. The only way RD will change his mind is if he think's he has made a mistake, and even then more importantly he is willing to admit he's made a mistake.

...and as has been made perfectly clear, he does things his way and we just have to put up with it. He couldn't care less what we think or how toxic feelings have become. It took a riot at SL last time and as we're not going to do that the only other option for us is to en masse stop turning up. But again us fans are idiots and owners now it so that's not gonna happen either.
  • Depends how good their grasp of things is. So far (assuming Roland actually follows their advice) it seems that they have greatly underestimated what it takes to survive in the championship
  • If it can be reversed then it bloody well should be. Shame that there's probably more chance of me starting to eat meat again then it happening.
  • Doubt he'll ever admit to making a mistake.
  • The only thing that could influence RD is relegation as that will have a financial impact on his investment, but by appointing Luzon he either thinks he is the man to lead us to the promised land or has already accepted that, at best, we will survive the season. Either way, he won't change his mind.
  • I think there is about a 0.1% of it happening. Not at the game but it's the first time our team has truly capitulated and that is a worry
  • Is the work permit simply a paperwork delayed at the Dept of Employment scenario, or is it that there is an issue of qualification? Do non EU citizens have to qualify for a permit in individual countries or is there a blanket EU non resident work permit.
    We have tried to sign non EU players before and been refused a permit.
    If Luzon is a citizen of Israel surely he has to have a quality of managerial track record to distinguish him from unemployed managers in this country, in the same way as the players are supposed to.
  • Said today somthing dont smell right. I seriously dont think Roland knew just how tough this league is and probably just a bit higer standard than the Belgian top league. Standard Was his top priority and he thought we would just be one of the smaller clubs in his empire and easy to keep ticking over fans happy ect.. I even dared to say he wouldn't lose to much sleep if went back to league one so he could focus again on standard throw us the odd fish and be happy. I seriously think he has to rethink this mad idea of his how he can keep his eyes on every club is maddness. We need an owner 100% focused and dedicated to getting us back to where we should be. Take an offer for standard put us first or let us go please we are not charlton anymore and it kills me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is the work permit simply a paperwork delayed at the Dept of Employment scenario, or is it that there is an issue of qualification? Do non EU citizens have to qualify for a permit in individual countries or is there a blanket EU non resident work permit.
    We have tried to sign non EU players before and been refused a permit.
    If Luzon is a citizen of Israel surely he has to have a quality of managerial track record to distinguish him from unemployed managers in this country, in the same way as the players are supposed to.

From the work permits requirement someon eposted earlier, it didnt seem to me that he should qualify for one. Not when Alan's available.

Still, Roly, you know best. Buy a champ club, shuffle some inadequates about on the euro star, install some grass for your pisspoor team to be outplayed upon, then suffer successive relegations and sell the club on for a fraction of what you paid. Good work!
  • Said today somthing dont smell right. I seriously dont think Roland knew just how tough this league is and probably just a bit higer standard than the Belgian top league. Standard Was his top priority and he thought we would just be one of the smaller clubs in his empire and easy to keep ticking over fans happy ect.. I even dared to say he wouldn't lose to much sleep if went back to league one so he could focus again on standard throw us the odd fish and be happy. I seriously think he has to rethink this mad idea of his how he can keep his eyes on every club is maddness. We need an owner 100% focused and dedicated to getting us back to where we should be. Take an offer for standard put us first or let us go please we are not charlton anymore and it kills me.

Either Roly, or whoever is advising him (Dahan maybe?), need to wise up very quickly.

Then again, who am I to tell 'successful businessmen' what to do??
  • With that said, it's clear that there is only one man for the job who is currently available. And that man is Jose Riga.

Jose Riga would not work. As I said in another thread at some point, Riga did not get enough time to have a sticky patch. It is perfectly conceivable that he would have gone on a losing run and thus would be remembered with the same contempt as all the other Belgiuns we're associated with.
  • Also, if Riga came in now, the squad he would inherit is weaker and apparently more divided than the one he got last season.
  • Nope,
    Mainly because RD doesn't want to lose the money he's spent on the work permit application I'd imagine
  • Bubble said:

Nope,
    Mainly because RD doesn't want to lose the money he's spent on the work permit application I'd imagine

All six grand of it?!?
  • edited January 2015
    redman said:

Luzon wasn't in charge today. Not sure how he can be blamed for this. FFS give the guy a chance.
    There seem to be a lot of fans with a hidden agenda.

While he wasn't in charge today so it's difficult to lay the blame for today on him, it's worth noting (and potentially worrying) that according to Damien Mathew in the Newshopper "Luzon had been involved on the training ground throughout the week" and "He's met the players, he's had some chats and they are well aware of how he wants to play as well, so we tried that in the first-half".

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/11732562.Matthew_calls_for__togetherness__after_Charlton_s_5_0_loss_at_Watford/
  • Let's give the bloke a chance shall we. He's walked into a hornets nest quite literally today. I don't doubt that he knows what we need to do and will have a good go at doing it. We need players coming in. I think we will get them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Couple of people defending Luzon seem to have completely misunderstood the topic of this thread.
  • Let's give the bloke a chance shall we. He's walked into a hornets nest quite literally today. I don't doubt that he knows what we need to do and will have a good go at doing it. We need players coming in. I think we will get them.

Really? I hope you're right. What makes you think that? I'm genuinely curious as I can't see anyone of note coming in.
  • I wouldn't call it 'hidden'
  • Is there any chance of him not getting a work visa?
  • Riga would be great at this stage.
  • I think that it would be naive of people to think that just because Luzon has no work permit that he would have had no input to the team selection and tactics for today.
  • With that said, it's clear that there is only one man for the job who is currently available. And that man is Jose Riga.

Jose Riga would not work. As I said in another thread at some point, Riga did not get enough time to have a sticky patch. It is perfectly conceivable that he would have gone on a losing run and thus would be remembered with the same contempt as all the other Belgiuns we're associated with.
    Neither did Bob get time after bad run to put it right
  • edited January 2015
    The managerial appointment could be reversed, perhaps it should be, but I don't think that it will be reversed. The owner's 'advisers' are all yes men .. and women .. the lack of football 'nous' among those who are 'running the club' is worrying. Perhaps CAFC is a guinea pig in the 'network' experiment, the trouble is that laboratory guinea pigs are expendable
  • I think that it would be naive of people to think that just because Luzon has no work permit that he would have had no input to the team selection and tactics for today.

It's a known fact that he did. DM said so clearly in the post match interview and there's a CAFC video of him involved with training during the week.