Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford v Charlton - Post Embarrassment Views

Comments

• Worst performance this season, the team looks completely lost of all.confidence and some look like they really dont want to be here.......

What a mess,

Like others said, the only positive of today was that it only cost £13 a ticket

Must add support was really good today even at 4-0 down, we kept singing.
  • We're fooked.
  • edited January 2015

On the train back. Three positives of today are:

1. Our support was superb and a credit to our club. The only CAFC credit today.
    2. I'm using Southern Trains and have been on time both ways. This is more miraculous than the prospect of us scoring.
    3. It cost £13 to get in. Though the facilities in the away end made that look overpriced.

In my almost 30 years of going to games that is the single most abject performance l can recall witnessing. Up there with the Wycombe QF and losing to 3rd Div Walsall in the FA Cup when we were top division.

Everything we tried today, even the most basic of trying to trap a ball or see it out of play, we could not do. It was a training match for Watford, who needed to do only the barest minimum. More ridiculous set-piece goals that we just can't defend. Too much to say and don't want to hijack the thread or kill this phone battery.

My conscience is clear now if l choose not to waste money on a spineless shower of sh1te. It was different when the club needed my cash. It was almost my duty to go, despite our being garbage. This owner, however, does not need my money. Nor do l need to 'accept' anything. Not if what l saw today is the price. And right now l don't want to hear any rubbish about long-term projects. I want some honesty as to how this is going to be fixed, the mistakes made and maybe even acknowledgement that the model - whatever it is - doesn't work if the players aren't good enough, and that takes money, or time, to fix. And the way we're going, we ain't got time. And so enough.

Finally, proud to stand with our fans today. Never stopped singing, and didn't lose our sense of humour, despite having our club utterly embarrass us.

Post of the day
  • Uboat said:

Very little bickering on here, which is unusual. Roland has done the unthinkable and created consensus on Charlton Life.
    That consensus being that he is a knob.

knobs are useful

• Uboat said:

Very little bickering on here, which is unusual. Roland has done the unthinkable and created consensus on Charlton Life.

knobs are useful

Roland isn't!

• Sponsored links:

• Harriott wound me up the most today, even moreso than Buyens. What the f**k was he thinking when he played the ball back into his own six yard box in the second half? Utterly. Brainless. "Footballer".
  • Uboat said:

knobs are useful

Roland isn't!

can't argue with that!
  • Last week I was accused of "wooly thinking" and "sugary rhetoric" when I said that Jacko was unfit.

Well, we would not have lost 5-0 today with a proper Captain like Jacko on the field.

I don't think I heard one of our players being vocal today.

Embarrassing.
  • edited January 2015

Last week I was accused of "wooly thinking" and "sugary rhetoric" when I said that Jacko was unfit.

Well, we would not have lost 5-0 today with a proper Captain like Jacko on the field.

I don't think I heard one of our players being vocal today.

Embarrassing.

We'd still have got walloped, but you know there would at least have been one player in our team who gave a toss Sell the lot of them if they were worth anything.

Credit to Tony Watt, who looked interested and was signing autographs at half time while warming up. What must he be thinking now?
  • This result actually proves what a good coach bob was as he was working with this bunch of shite
  • Lost all respect for katrin after the bullshit she fobbed us off with ! Looking for the right coach my arse
    She's just a puppet
    I have a horrible feeling things are going to get much worse though
  • edited January 2015
    Just got in and one word Pitiful.

No leadership, no togetherness and after a bright start when Igor or JBG could have given us the lead, we had no idea. The team was set up with players in their 'rightful' positions as so many on here have called for but it turned into a stroll for Watford who had pace and power in abundance and seemed to score at will.

Etheridge who made a couple of decent saves in the game gives the defence no confidence at all and seems scared to come off his line and to cap it all almost picked the ball up from a back pass wtf! The defence in front of him were a shadow of the bedrock on which our early season unbeaten run was based. The midfield was fairly anonymous and surprise surprise we were toothless again up front. Why Watt never stated I know not.

Sort that lot out Guy if you manage to a get a work permit and Roly, we are now a club in free fall so you need to take your head out of your ar*e then again perhaps you don't want to witness your investment going down the pan.......Oh and forget bringing in any more network cast offs that plan is totally flawed.
  • Also have a feeling the atmosphere in the valley will turn venomous very quickly if it turns sour next week
    Bet the attendance is poor next week
  • Wasn't there today so can't confirm if that was the worst performance for decades as some are suggesting but it is clear that the first thing Luzon needs to do is inject some confidence in the team.

Everyone in football knows that any sort of lead against us results in heads going down and more than a few players going missing. Whether there are factions in the dressing room or not we need to clear the air, press the reset button and look on the rest of the year almost as a seperate season. A couple of signings may help that process but that's going to be difficult to achieve in itself in the circumstances. Best case scenario is Luzon tells Roland what's what and he sticks his hand in his pocket in the next couple of weeks but I seriously fear that's not going to happen.

Sadly, this season appears to have the smell of relegation about it as things stand.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going to the pictures next week, will cost me £10 to see something done well.
  • Going to be interesting atmosphere when Powell visits
  • Another result nest week and we could have riots welcome to Charlton guy
  • Does R.D or K.M read the comments on this site?
  • Have wondered what would happen if ben Haim had a bad game and today we found out. Good 2 minutes and woeful for 88. Can't understand how wilson gets a start ahead of Gomez after last weeks performance. Think the protests are embarrassing though, very sad to hear our fans chanting we are going down as we left the ground.

Embarrassing? Are you joking? Were you there?

Trust me, we were absolutely pitiful today.

Two and a half hours after the final whistle and I am still fuming and struggling to remember when a Charlton team played with so little heart or ability.
  • Can't wait for the football league show tonight
  • Have wondered what would happen if ben Haim had a bad game and today we found out. Good 2 minutes and woeful for 88. Can't understand how wilson gets a start ahead of Gomez after last weeks performance. Think the protests are embarrassing though, very sad to hear our fans chanting we are going down as we left the ground.

Embarrassing? Are you joking? Were you there?

Trust me, we were absolutely pitiful today.

Two and a half hours after the final whistle and I am still fuming and struggling to remember when a Charlton team played with so little heart or ability.
    Northwich Victoria springs to mind!
  • and next week...
  • edited January 2015
    I wasn't there but the BBC stats and the overall score looks as though this was a capitulation .. a manager who can't work, is it that the players have given up playing .. whoever was there will know ... a dodgy selection in attack .. luckily the relegation spot teams are all losing else we could be f***ed .. VERY disappointing