Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bring Back Curbs Petition

13»

Comments

• stonemuse said:

Back with Fulham apparently

Manager or DoF? I can't go on Twitter or Google now. Thanks in advance.
  • stonemuse said:

As a coach - honestly not sure if we'll see Curbs managing again.
  • He wouldn't sign a long term contract with us because he thought there was something better round the corner. As much a judas as Parker in my opinion.
  • se9addick said:

stonemuse said:

As a coach - honestly not sure if we'll see Curbs managing again.
    Thanks. I've always been a huge fan of Curbs' so this is slightly disappointing. But If he really does want to return to management, I guess starting as a coach gives him a much bigger chance than staying as a pundit for years and years.
  • Is it April Fools Day ? We all loved Curbs, we all loved CP, shall we have a look to see if Jimmy Seed is available ? As for not wanting Guy Luzon, I have recently been watching a team coached to play the way I like to see. The owner annoys the hell out of me with his lack of communication, but I love the new pitch and the plans for the Academy. If Harold Wilson was here he might say 'you've never had it so good'.
  • Granpa said:

Is it April Fools Day ? We all loved Curbs, we all loved CP, shall we have a look to see if Jimmy Seed is available ? As for not wanting Guy Luzon, I have recently been watching a team coached to play the way I like to see. The owner annoys the hell out of me with his lack of communication, but I love the new pitch and the plans for the Academy. If Harold Wilson was here he might say 'you've never had it so good'.

Harold Macmillan I think you mean.
  • Granpa said:

Is it April Fools Day ? We all loved Curbs, we all loved CP, shall we have a look to see if Jimmy Seed is available ? As for not wanting Guy Luzon, I have recently been watching a team coached to play the way I like to see. The owner annoys the hell out of me with his lack of communication, but I love the new pitch and the plans for the Academy. If Harold Wilson was here he might say 'you've never had it so good'.

This. Curbs was a good manager but I'd have to put Lennie Lawrence above him.

• Granpa said:

Er Granpa the petition was started two months ago (and long closed I believe) when most of us were in low spirits. I don't think anyone's mentioned about wanting Curbs to replace Luzon at the moment.
  • Hi Jessie, I was not aware that this was an old subject. I mainly wanted to make the point that we should be looking forward not backwards i.e. Curbs after many years. Also mistrollingin, sorry mate ' you've never had it so good ' was definitely Harold Wilson when he talked about the pound in your pocket. Somebody also wanted Luzon out which I thought is particularly daft at this time. Apart from that I wish you all a great weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    Granpa said:

Hi Jessie, I was not aware that this was an old subject. I mainly wanted to make the point that we should be looking forward not backwards i.e. Curbs after many years. Also mistrollingin, sorry mate ' you've never had it so good ' was definitely Harold Wilson when he talked about the pound in your pocket. Somebody also wanted Luzon out which I thought is particularly daft at this time. Apart from that I wish you all a great weekend.

'Never had it so good' was definitely Macmillan in 1957 - the 'pound in your pocket' was indeed Wilson when explaining his decision to devalue sterling.
  • You are right chaps, I'm off to lie down in a darkened room, my apologies.