Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bob Peeters Good Luck In The Future

Comments

• Davo55 said:

If the story posted by Greenie Jr on the Luzon thread is true, then good riddance to Peeters.

I'm really puzzled by Bob Peeters tenure, no one should say he didn't have a plan B, as was shown in the second half against Cardiff, 1 down and a man down.
    Apparently after the halftime dressing room bust up, against the wishes of the manager, the players decided themselves to change the system.

And then were fired up to prove their point.

Or so the story goes.

• edited January 2015
    I think that Peeters' overall demeanor and attitude since mid December was his downfall .. he may have had an 'OK' record but showed little aptitude & few ideas on how to arrest the slump in team performance as well a perhaps losing the respect of his players ..
    And pinching the female CEO's arse in the corridor (allegedly) didn't go down too well either ((:>)
  • Oggy Red said:

Davo55 said:

If the story posted by Greenie Jr on the Luzon thread is true, then good riddance to Peeters.

I'm really puzzled by Bob Peeters tenure, no one should say he didn't have a plan B, as was shown in the second half against Cardiff, 1 down and a man down.
    Apparently after the halftime dressing room bust up, against the wishes of the manager, the players decided themselves to change the system.

And then were fired up to prove their point.

Or so the story goes.

That could be valid because before and since they have not shown the same desire.

• Enough said............

• Wonder what the odds are for him to return to London in the summer and replace Holloway at Smallwall
  • Wonder what the odds are for him to return to London in the summer and replace Holloway at Smallwall

He'd be a great replacement for Holloway. Both are bald egotistical twats who know nothing about management...........

In the words of Keegan I'd love it

He'd be a great replacement for Holloway. Both are bald egotistical twats who know nothing about management...........
    I wonder what might have happened if Peeters had had Henderson, a fully fit Vetokele and Watt during our 3 month winless run
  • wmcf123 said:

Wonder what the odds are for him to return to London in the summer and replace Holloway at Smallwall

I wonder what might have happened if Peeters had had Henderson, a fully fit Vetokele and Watt during our 3 month winless run
    I reckon he would've sat back and hoped for a 0-0.
  • Announced as new manager of Sporting Lokeren.

• Sponsored links:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/K.S.C._Lokeren_Oost-Vlaanderen

Good luck Bob
  • Good luck to him. Hard to judge him on his limited time with us when he had a very small squad with only one striker, his tactics were not hugely entertaining but maybe it was a case of getting the best from what he had.
  • Nice kit :-)
  • I am purposefully going to overuse my SkyBet account on 1-1 draws.
    H/T Lokeren 1-0 and F/T 1-1.
    Reckon I'm on a winner…

Poor stadium architecture, needing 2 props to support the roof on such a small stand with a goalpost roof as well!
  • edited June 2015
    Genk Nick lokerens manager from under lieges' nose , can't help but think RD pushed peeters towards lokeren so he could hire Peter meas
  • When does he go to Blackpool?
  • IA said:

When does he go to Blackpool?

As soon as Neil McDonald resigns
  • Sponsored links:

• Poor Sporting Lokeren.............. :neutral:
  • Does that shirt say C Team?
  • I see that Big Bob was sacked as head coach of Lokeren on Saturday night, after 12 matches. If anyone cares!
  • I see that Big Bob was sacked as head coach of Lokeren on Saturday night, after 12 matches. If anyone cares!

Oh dear poor Bob
  • Chizz said:

Maybe he's being lined up as Fraeye's replacement, in time for him to be replaced by someone else before the January window opens.

I think Luzon is waiting in the wings for Bob's departure. Roly believes in second chances apparently.

A weird coincidence, though I bet Chris Powell was dreading a phone call from the Chairman on Saturday as well!
  • Chizz said:

Maybe he's being lined up as Fraeye's replacement, in time for him to be replaced by someone else before the January window opens.

I think Luzon is waiting in the wings for Bob's departure. Roly believes in second chances apparently.
    Actually Standard Liège fans put pressure on RD to sack GL . GL's replacement (Vukomanovic), now that was someone that impressed both fans AND analysts. Strangely enough, RD replaced him with José Riga. That didn't turn out well and displeased with RD, Riga left some time later at his own initiative .
    So, I wonder what your reaction would be if Karel would have a streak of wins, only to be replaced by some better known guy ... who in turn doesn't deliver after all ... Anyway with the Vukomanovic move, RD got himself ridiculed by everybody following football in Belgium, as you can imagine.
  • skywalker said:

Chizz said:

Actually Standard Liège fans put pressure on RD to sack GL . GL's replacement (Vukomanovic), now that was someone that impressed both fans AND analysts. Strangely enough, RD replaced him with José Riga. That didn't turn out well and displeased with RD, Riga left some time later at his own initiative .
    So, I wonder what your reaction would be if Karel would have a streak of wins, only to be replaced by some better known guy ... who in turn doesn't deliver after all ... Anyway with the Vukomanovic move, RD got himself ridiculed by everybody following football in Belgium, as you can imagine.
    That has already happened though when Riga was replaced by Peeters. Don't forget that he's owned us for the best part of two years now and a lot has changed in that time (other than out league position) so most Charlton fans aren't surprised any more. The overriding feelings are disappointment, anger, sadness and, unfortunately in some, apathy.
  • So the Belgians pool of coaches are shit wherever they go