Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bob Peeters Good Luck In The Future

Comments

• Davo55 said:

Oh Bob Peeters, Oh Bob Peeters
    You got the sack
    You can't come back
    Oh Bob Peeters

But, seriously, wish him well in the future. Charlton was a bit too big for him at this stage of his career IMO but will hopefully pick up again in Belgium.

He'll soon move on
    To Alcorcón
    Oh Bob Peeters

All the best, Bob.
  • I'd like to thank Bob for the best start to a season in what, nine years? Unbeaten, clinical moves and Vetokele player of the month / leading scorer.
    Shame it didn't last but he showed something can be done.
    I hope the next guy can make the most of what we have and get us back into the top half of the table.

So, better than well Powell had us top all season ?
    Don't let the facts get in the way RD.
    Btw. Good luck Bob.
    I think top six of the championship is a bit different from League 1.
    Getting out of League 1 was a challenge and Powell did his bit too in the long climb back up.
    Bob played his part and left us in a higher league position than last season.
    But a lower position than Powell's first season back in the Championship Roland...
  • edited January 2015
    Some people on here are deluded and are looking at our club through rose tinted specs
    As it stood at the moment Charlton wasn't to big a job for big bob
    Lets get some facts right the tools he was given to work with were crap or always broken
  • Bye Bob and good luck. Tough gig but you kept us amused for a coulee of months at least. Just remember "there's nothing you can do about that".
  • All the best Bob, EXCEPT if you end up replacing Holloway at the sewage farm. But surely you're too classy for that place.
  • Thanks for the buzzing away day against Reading this season, me and my lad had a great time down at the Majeski
  • Good Luck Bob, the start of the season saw some of the best football we've played at The Valley for years.
  • Some people on here are deluded and are looking at our club through rose tinted specs
    As it stood at the moment Charlton wasn't to big a job for big bob
    Lets get some facts right the tools he was given to work with were crap or always broken

Please show our players some respect ! (:<
  • edited January 2015
    Good luck Bob your a "young gun" manager so hope it works out somewhere "but ok, on this occasion there is nothing we can do about it"
  • Sponsored links:

• Come to a network club near you..............Bob Peeters!!!!
  • If the story posted by Greenie Jr on the Luzon thread is true, then good riddance to Peeters.
  • Davo55 said:

If the story posted by Greenie Jr on the Luzon thread is true, then good riddance to Peeters.

Agreed.
  • Should have chinned rosler when you had the chance. Next time bob, next time
  • Davo55 said:

If the story posted by Greenie Jr on the Luzon thread is true, then good riddance to Peeters.

Agreed but hopefully he will reflect and learn
  • Davo55 said:

Which thread Davo? There's 6 Luzon threads on the front page alone.
  • Stig said:

Davo55 said:

You got the sack
    You can't come back
    Oh Bob Peeters

But, seriously, wish him well in the future. Charlton was a bit too big for him at this stage of his career IMO but will hopefully pick up again in Belgium.

He'll soon move on
    To Alcorcón
    Oh Bob Peeters

All the best, Bob.
    For your next test
    You're off to Ujpest
    Oh Bob Peeters

Some great games early in the season. A thin line between a poor run and a healthy few more points. Haven't seen Greenie Jr's story, but wish Bob all the best for the future.
  • Stig said:

Davo55 said:

Go to Greenies profile and look at his comments it is on there. I found it but as you say there are so many threads I can't remember which one
  • Stig said:

Davo55 said:

Page 15 Luzon confirmed thread, Had to go if it's true.

• Sponsored links:

• Thanks Kap and Stu.
  • Wow, that's some story - if true. Got to be honest, it sounds plausible to me.
  • Can I retract my best wishes to Bob & now say good riddance, having read the latest (see above), which I believe to be true.
  • Stig said:

Davo55 said:

Sorry - just seen this, but others have already pointed you in the right direction.
  • Now you all know why I wrote my comment on this thread in Dutch ;-)
  • seth plum said:

I would like to thank Bob for the astonishing beginning to the Derby County home game when I was dumbstruck by the sheer majesty and beauty of the football Charlton Athletic were playing, one of the most memorable moments I will ever have as an Addick.

Play off final?
    Any number of wins in the Prem?
    winning league one?

I know I wasn't at the Derby game but this just seems a little OTT.
  • It's ok, he got himself a new job in the Movies

cartoonpicexplorer.com/gru-wallpaper/
  • Bob Peeters Good Luck In The Future

Indeed .. BUT .. NOT against us
  • Davo55 said:

Alex ferguson and Brian Clough did far worse, Keane was punched by clough,
    and beckham hit bt the flying boot of Fergie. They ruled by fear,
    but there's only an issue when your not winning. Most of what managers got up to in the past
    stayed on the training pitch or the dressing room.

I'm really puzzled by Bob Peeters tenure, no one should say he didn't have a plan B, as was shown in the second half against Cardiff, 1 down and a man down., Fulham as well in the 2nd half. The problem was on many occasion it was the plan A after the first few games, always seemed flawed.

6 defeats in 25 games shoudn't deserve the sack ?
    but does only 6 wins in 25, deserve the sack, with only 4 points out of the last 24.(millwall and blackpool in there)