Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland if you ever see this..

13»

Comments

• It's the cumulative effect.
  • Woodollie said:

All the people moaning about the 'network', the fact of the matter is, this network has only served to do us favours so far with regards to player recruitment etc. Not a single decent player has gone the other way.

The only players that have gone to other network clubs were not good enough and for the 'feeder club' comments, how many of ours have gone to liege?

As far as I am concerned, slagging off this network as another way of berating Roland is just unfounded.

The problem is the perception that when we need a player, the chances are we're going to get someone from 'the network'. Only in unusual circumstances will we get someone who isn't already connected to RD. If we end up with Luzon that idea will only be strengthened.
  • I like Roland's management of the club...recognise a problem, do something about it...
  • Bit OTT tbh, why now and not when Powell went, I'm surprised people care so much that Bob has been sacked. I wonder if people would have been happy if the relegation form continued and we did end up being relegated? Do people seriously not think that it is beyond awful that Blackpool have managed more points than us recently?

Change can be good. Ask Birgmingham or Bolton. I don't believe in this whole 'not my club' rubbish. Same stadium, same badge, same club. Football has changed, every club goes through changes drastically, can't think of many that don't. We are definitely not a joke of a club and it's boring to even read that. Good times and bad times and all that.

I do agree in a way that Roland doesn't seem to treat the club the way we want him to but better than no support at all, sure things will get better. Reading things like 'Don't support the new manager' is ridiculous (didn't read that on here) let's be honest if Guy turns out good for us or whoever may be our next manager there will be praise for either Roland or him.

I just hope whoever the club decide to bring in sorts out the football and gets us playing with more intent.
    My feelings exactly.

I'm quite surprised by the uproar given the number of people who were suggesting his time was up on other threads. I don't really know where I stand on whether he deserved to go or not, it's hard to tell with the threadbare squad we have. That said, something had to be done about our awful form. The obvious solution would be to recruit some players, but if Roland's not prepared to do that then we have to see if we can produce any better results with a different person in charge (I'm sceptical as to whether we can or not).

After every game recently I've seen numerous comments criticising decisions made by Bob, i.e. Bikey up front, Solly in CM, etc, etc. Yet people are also saying that he can't be expected to achieve anything better with the current crop of players.

I think it's a bit of both. I'm not sure a change of manager will culminate in an upturn in results, but if they don't make the mistakes the Bob allegedly made game after game, then maybe it will. However, what I'm sure we all agree on is that some more Championship quality players is what we really need.
  • I like Roland's management of the club...recognise a problem, do something about it...

Except for when it comes to the playing side.
  • I'll be honest if I didn't have 4 young sons to brainwash I don't think I'd be as regular a visitor down The Valley as I am currently

My love will always be there but not particularly liking it atm

• Great passion from @CharltonByBlood and as usual good considered insight from @Fanny Fanackapan

Who knows now. Presumably he's got the successor lined up as he did when Powell was sacked. Damian Matthews for me. He's been around a while, knows the players.

It's that 'Bumpy ride' Henry keeps referring too.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Peeters got it about right in the beginning but seemed unable to adapt when things went wrong and didn't seem to learn from mistakes. Unlike CP who tried to play according to opposition's style, I think Peeters had a philosophy, no way was he changing and players had to like it or lump it.

RD has made a mistake in appointing Peeters, not sacking him. Think the angst on here is about RD taking over in the first place because I don't see how Peeters has done enough to give us much confidence to say he should have been kept on regardless. Can't ignore the signs of a team that has lost confidence in the philosophy of a manager who can't change his ideas.

• cabbles said:

Great passion from @CharltonByBlood and as usual good considered insight from @Fanny Fanackapan

Who knows now. Presumably he's got the successor lined up as he did when Powell was sacked. Damian Matthews for me. He's been around a while, knows the players.

It's that 'Bumpy ride' Henry keeps referring too.......

This is a bumpy ride yes, one that leads us lower down the football ladder after all the hard work put in by the club, thousands of fans being lost, and not because of the bumps but because of the whole journey and destination.

Wake up and smell the coffee people
  • edited January 2015

I like Roland's management of the club...recognise a problem, do something about it...

Except for when it comes to the playing side.
    Erm sacking the manager in an attempt to save costs on new players but getting the team to play better together as a unit?

THIS!!!!!!

• MrLargo said:

Sell up and f#%k off.

Cock
    People in glass houses...
    Says she
    How bad does it have to get before you realise that this is not the way to run a football club?

I like Roland's management of the club...recognise a problem, do something about it...

I like Roland's management of the club...create a problem, keep changing the manager and completely disregard the cause of the problem...