Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland if you ever see this..

Comments

• edited January 2015

Yeh. come back Jimenez and Slater, and take up where you left off. Those were the good old days. Blinding squad we'd have now.

Grow up mate
    Sigh. I guess after telling you to wake up I had that coming. But there are some short short memories on here.
  • edited January 2015

Yeh. come back Jimenez and Slater, and take up where you left off. Those were the good old days. Blinding squad we'd have now.

Grow up mate
    I will be fully mature when I agree with you, you mean? OK.

I just think you have a pretty short memory.
    Don't need to agree with me at all..

What you just said then was childish, never said it was better the previous owners at all...?

Also pretty sure I thanked Roland for what he has done to improve the club in certain areas and yes again I'm pretty sure I was stating how much I backed him ...

Because things was bad before doesn't mesn I can not have a opinion one hoe I feel it can be better now.

You sitting there typing comments like that with a childish attitude is embarrassing for I'm assuming is a fully grown adult. I respect everyones opinions .. Exactly the same with yours and accept that not every lifer or Cafc fan will agree...that's the beauty of opinions in football but your last two comment towards me have been childish... Hence the "grow up mate" - which I stick by.
  • edited January 2015
    Good for you.
  • Pleased when Powell went.
    Sad to see Riga go
    Happy with the sacking of Peeters.
    All based on results and performances.
    We need an old school manager who will stand his ground against the chairman and get the right players for the championship and Charlton.
    If we get it right now we can still make the playoffs
    Sad to see Riga go
    We need an old school manager who will stand his ground against the chairman and get the right players for the championship and Charlton.

We're midtab....last season amost relega..

Playoffs?....

Ah I can't be bothered to argue
    Sad to see Riga go

We're midtab....last season amost relega..

Playoffs?....

Ah I can't be bothered to argue
    Season hasn't finished yet mate. If we're mid table why the hell sack the manager?

Because the season hasn't finished yet and we are currently only heading one way.
  • I really liked singing "He's got not hair, but we don't care!"

We'll probably get someone with a hippy hair cut next.

"He's lots of hair, but we don't care!"
  • MrLargo said:

Sell up and f#%k off.

Cock
    People in glass houses...
    Says she
  • Sponsored links:

Sad to see Riga go

But surely, that is why Powell was sacked? He stood his ground against the Chairman.
    Sad to see Riga go

But surely, that is why Powell was sacked? He stood his ground against the Chairman.
    The chairman did not appoint him. Our new manager needs to pick and choose his back room staff and players
    Powell could not stand his ground because the results were so poor when RD took over he was already a dead man walking
  • edited January 2015
    I'm may be in the minority, but I think BP has done ok so sad to see him go.
  • edited January 2015
    The 13th Championship Club to sack their manager/coach this term ! Get a grip one & all.

When Pearce & Holloway go, that will be 15.
    Sad to see Riga go

And the results... were crap. His principles were not working, basically. Regardless of what he had done before, he made a stand against a chairman with a mutual dislike but made it from a very weak position.
  • The 13th Championship Club to sack their manager/coach this term ! Get a grip one & all.

When Pearce & Holloway go, that will be 15.

I hope not. Agent Holloway is doing an excellent job.
  • Too early for me to feel this way?.............

• Roland, your experiment is in trouble. You don't really know what you're doing, do you?
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Sell up and f#%k off.

Cock
    People in glass houses...
    Get their nuts burnt?
  • Roland has brought financial stability to the club, which was more than just necessary, it was the saving of our club. On the pitch it's poor with a team that can only just about compete at this level but look like staying at this level for another year. As a whole it seems a bit deflating. We all hoped for a billionaire that had the passion like Roman to throw money at us, in a way we've never known before, but that was not to be. Roland needs thanking for bringing us this far, but will he take us any further? I have a gut feeling that within 12 months we'll have been sold at a price that enables Roland to break even.

Charlton are a club that should be respected to stand alone and not be part or anyone's network, that involves being given cast-offs that we are obliged to accept. We don't own the club, Roland does. Let's hope that he wants success to mean more than providing him with a turnover, no matter what the consequences for the club are.

We may all want our Charlton back, but which one?
  • Lots of knee jerk reactionary words & declarations of the final nail in the Charlton coffin from some Lifers on here tonight.

Don't want to say too much as I'm feeling a bit Mary Poppins myself & am concerned about what the immediate future will bring for us.

But I sincerely hope that, in the cold light of day, most Lifers will moderate their first thoughts on hearing tonight's news.

I dislike change. But this surely isn't change for change's sake.

There were no guarantees that Bob would guide us to safety by May ...and likewise, there is no guarantee that the next man will be our Messiah. He could be just a naughty boy..:-) but he could be someone that the current honest lads in the squad will be able to relate to and play for. It's a gamble but probably a necessary one if the rumours we heard are true. If I can look into JJ's face tomorrow and see relief , then that's good enough for me.

Whatever your feelings at this moment in time, please sleep on it. Wait & see who is announced as our new gaffer , hopefully tomorrow. Wait to see how the players respond next Saturday and beyond. That will tell its own story IMO. But, don't expect miracles or overnight success...this is Charlton after all.

Above all, whatever the future holds, we mustn't lose sight of the fact that this is OUR Club - no-one will take that away from us. It's OUR voices that are heard by the players week after week and it's us, keeping our feet firmly on the ground that are the one stable factor. Players, managers, owners, tea ladies come & go but we stay. Without us there will be no Charlton Athletic.

So, gird those loins, man/woman up and endeavour to view this current change as a reason to be optimistic and look to the future NOT the past. The latter we cannot change ; the former we have the opportunity to influence. We've been knocked down before but we've fought to scramble back to our feet. Together we are strong. The alternative is not worth thinking about.

Believe and keep the faith.

Respect

• There is going to be a big drop in attendances (actual, not the announced) in the following home games, people are dropping like flies and I'm talking quite a few 10/20+ year ST holders amongst them.. I'll be having a year off the ST next season myself too, for someone that was to improve our match day experience - it couldn't be less entertaining or value for money. Won't be lining someones pockets who doesn't have our clubs best interests at heart.
  • Why don't people understand that ANY new owner would've had the pitch relaid and been forced to invest in new players. Not sure RD deserves praise for that. This next appointment will make or break us and probably make or break quite a lot of fans' support for the club, if only for a short period of time.
  • I agree with you CBB it is hard sometimes to back him, but back him I do. The only wrong decision he's made IMO is not employing Riga and to an extent the sale of yann.

I also agree with Callum. Stories of dressing room unrest, players out of position and no urgency. It was time to go.

Yesterday we finished with
    A 17 year old CB playing RB (Gomez)
    A RB playing CM (solly)
    A CB up front (bikey)
    A striker on the wing (Igor)
    A left winger on the right wing (johann)

A new manager to come in and Roland simply MUST back him and bring in some new players - players from outside the network, players who the manager wants. Will it happen probably not. Will I back Roland still? Yes. Because without him I personally believe we could potentially not have a club.

Agreed though I actually like JBG on the right hand side cutting in on his left with Solly able to overlap on the outside to cross with his right