Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brighton match thread 10/01/15

Comments

• Good to see Onyewu back on the bench. I liked the look of him.
  • johnny73 said:

Great to see you back Red. Please take it easy and gradually work your way back into things.

Thanks @johnny73 I'll have to see how first half goes and not get too stressed.....I'll see what happens and make a decision at HT as to doing 2nd half or not....hopefully my 'ticker' will be ok.
  • Just checked the last full match thread I did was......v's Reading!!

Hmm coincidence?? We shall se
  • RM. Should'nt you have done this like the footballers and started on the bench? Good to see you back on here, let's hope you bring us some luck, and Wiggins some quality.
  • Great to have you back RM, looking forward to the commentary. COYR (M)
  • Midfield a worry. Jacko won't last 90 so either Muldoon gets a game or Wilson/Solly move to CM. Very light indeed.
  • Once again puts things into perspective after reading about Redmidland being unwell and in hospital, and the events in France I'm not saying the result is unimportant but WELCOME BACK RM and like others have said, take it easy mate (its a LONG) season!! Hopefully you will bring us that bit of luck we have been missing!
    Enjoy the game regardless...........

COYR............
  • edited January 2015
    imageDon't know how Wilson is starting but let's hope he's on the right.. Watt hasn't played alot so not much of a surprise to see him on the bench. Might be worth a couple of quid on last goal scorer though :)
  • Worried were forcing Wiggins back too soon after injury... hope he survives and gives us a lift...
  • Sponsored links:

• Midfield a worry. Jacko won't last 90 so either Muldoon gets a game or Wilson/Solly move to CM. Very light indeed.

There's an option to change it to 4-3-3, if Watts his name comes on.

• Looks like Cousins could be in the middle with Jacko. Hopefully he can do the business.

IMO it's a couple of solid midfielders that we're missing now.
  • Got a feeling Wilson will be on the left... All players warming up with their respective partners on the pitch today and Wilson is with Wiggins and Solly is with JBG
  • Welcome back Redmid. If that Midfield was bulstered I'd be confident but box to box midfielders Brighton have a big edge.
  • Welcome back RM !

Very cold here... disappointed to see Wilson starting but looking at the bench - maybe no choice. We shall see! Need a win big game. COYR!
  • Great to see you back Red
  • Welcome back RM and RW! Hope both fully fit and on top form! COYA!!
  • I think its definitely the right decision for TW to start on the bench, cant be match fit (at all) it will be a kick up the jacksy for George and Igor hopefully!
    He could be a great impact sub today for the last half hour, debut and all that. In Bob I trust?!

COYR...................
  • Got a feeling Wilson will be on the left... All players warming up with their respective partners on the pitch today and Wilson is with Wiggins and Solly is with JBG

That ridiculous seeing as JBG is left footed!!
  • Welcome back RM, tried covering for you, but very happy to be handing over to the top man
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

WIGGINS?!

I read Wiggins' name in the teamsheet and didn't have any reaction until I read this. Thanks for waking me up
  • Decent selection on paper. Feeling optimistic about getting the win.
  • And come on Lawrie who likes scoring v Brighton...
  • ross1 said:

Welcome back RM, tried covering for you, but very happy to be handing over to the top man

Thanks for stepping in for me @ross1, I read some of the threads and you did great mate.....thanks again
  • Welcome back RM !

Very cold here... disappointed to see Wilson starting but looking at the bench - maybe no choice. We shall see! Need a win big game. COYR!

I am quite pleased Wison has got another chance tbh, he might not be our best player but he always gives 100% and can chip in with the odd goal.
  • sam3110 said:

3 defenders and 3 strikers on the bench, hope no-one gets injured early on

Thought muldoon was a CM??
    Solly, getting him confused

Charlton rumours strikeforce CMS and Baldock
  • uie2 said:

Got a feeling Wilson will be on the left... All players warming up with their respective partners on the pitch today and Wilson is with Wiggins and Solly is with JBG

That ridiculous seeing as JBG is left footed!!
    Be a case of cutting in rather than two natural wingers... Has been happening all season with Cousins out on the left so would make sense
  • Brighton apparently playing 4-3-2-1 today....we will be 4-4-2 I guess with option to change to 4-3-3 maybe?
  • Let's hope the team are up for it straight from the start.

The defence looks balanced again at long last.

And there's plenty of graft and even a bit of craft in midfield.

George and Igor work well together.

I've got my rose tinted specs back on again!

• Hope Wiggins hasn't been rushed back, but our team does look a lot better with him back in the side.

Watt off the bench for the last 20 to win the game.