Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum Photos from 1992 (featuring NLA)

13»

Comments

• Would have loved to have stood on the East Terrace, awesome way to watch Football

it sure was
  • edited January 2015

Would have loved to have stood on the East Terrace, awesome way to watch Football

Agree. My first game was in 1987 so I never had that pleasure either.
  • Would have loved to have stood on the East Terrace, awesome way to watch Football

In the 50s maybe. In the early 80s I didn't find it so inspiring. As a kid I absolutely loved being there, but crowds were low and everything seemed so run down.

This begs the question " Why didn't you manage to get in that pic, nla ?"

This begs the question " Why didn't you manage to get in that pic, nla ?"

didn't want to get his chelsea boots muddy
  • edited January 2015

Would have loved to have stood on the East Terrace, awesome way to watch Football

Before it closed and we left for Sellout, it had been known on a summers day early season for people to sit or even lay down on the East Terrace and watch the game.
  • Uboat said:

In the 50s maybe. In the early 80s I didn't find it so inspiring. As a kid I absolutely loved being there, but crowds were low and everything seemed so run down.
    Shabby chic it would be called now! What you say is correct I think, wandering around a ground with a huge capacity with sometimes as few as 4000 odd people in it, was sometimes a less than inspiring experience wasn't it?

Before it closed and we left for Sellout, it had been known on a summers day early season for people to sit or even lay down on the East Terrace and watch the game.
    The only time in 15 years, that I saw some someone lying on the East Terrace, was after a ruck with Pompey fans :-)

The only time in 15 years, that I saw some someone lying on the East Terrace, was after a ruck with Pompey fans :-)
    And that of course. Was trying to get across the point how vast and unpopulated the place was towards the end of it's days...
  • What year was the East stand built? My old man worked on it as builder either 93 or 94 he can't remember. There's some pics in his loft as well I believe will try and dig em out.
  • Sponsored links:

• What year was the East stand built? My old man worked on it as builder either 93 or 94 he can't remember. There's some pics in his loft as well I believe will try and dig em out.

Opened 1995 I think so that would be about right.

Would love to see those photos.

In time we want as many photos as possible, from fans or whoever, on the museum site as a permanent record. Like everything it will take time and hard work but we'll get there.
  • Thats me getting nelses signature and mark swanock where the fuck did you get that H

Typical old bill getting involved

• Work began on the East in Autumn 93 and the first game was the famous 4-3 vs Southend 2 Apr 94

• If anyone ever noticed a few builders watching a game when the stand wasn't quite opened, that would of been my old man and a 6 year young BR7_addick
  • If anyone ever noticed a few builders watching a game when the stand wasn't quite opened, that would of been my old man and a 6 year young BR7_addick

bloody freeloaders

:- )
  • I knew someone that couldn't get a ticket and was watching from outside the ground behind the fence at the top of the East terrace. Don't think he goes anymore though.

Opened 1995 I think so that would be about right.

Would love to see those photos.

In time we want as many photos as possible, from fans or whoever, on the museum site as a permanent record. Like everything it will take time and hard work but we'll get there.
    It opened for the 1994/95 season if I remember correctly

True, but there was some great gear about in those days.

Man.