Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum Photos from 1992 (featuring NLA)

Comments

• edited January 2015
    nice title change mate

i didn't even know that pic existed and that picture frame had nelses pic in it , i had taken the back off to get his pic out and he signed it, that picture is in my room at home with all my football memorabilia, pride of place, Gary Nelson was my hero back then now he was what i call a proper charlton player
  • Thats me getting nelses signature and mark swanock where the fuck did you get that H

Honestly didn't realise it was you.

Was hoping someone would recognise them but couldn't relate that slim well dressed bloke to the NLA I know : - )

Now, that stuff you got signed, where is it and why isn't it in the museum?

Will try to stick a few pics up today. No more of NLA I think but a few other faces.
  • because its my pic of nelse no one touches my pic of nelse
  • NatWest
    Charlton Athletic Museum
    sort code 60 16 03
    Acct 7377 2593

Unsubtle hint about where you can all donate if you want to help us preserve and display these sort of photos as well as artefacts.
  • H - I'm not that conversant with Dropbox, although I do use it, so my silly question is whose/which Dropbox
  • How old were you in that pic nla?
  • Sponsored links:

• The pic of the east stand with the wooden fence on was the break in route, at the top of the east stand there was an alley that ran down the back of the gardens, you hopped over that, down the old stairs and through that open gate, on the day we returned and played pompey there must've been 500 to 1000 people up there watching the game,

• Already the stories begin - this thread is pure gold.

The picture archive sounds priceless. I don't know what resources are needed to get this stuff saved and accessible on line but this has made my mind up: I will be joining up as a Museum life member.

• Already the stories begin - this thread is pure gold.

The picture archive sounds priceless. I don't know what resources are needed to get this stuff saved and accessible on line but this has made my mind up: I will be joining up as a Museum life member.

Thank you.
  • ok, so in the blues v reds 7 a side game who wins?
  • It's amazing how much of a real local community club we were back then, I think 89 to 94 was my favorite times being an addick
  • ok, so in the blues v reds 7 a side game who wins?

Reds. If the blues won Pardew's head would explode!
  • It's amazing how much of a real local community club we were back then, I think 89 to 94 was my favorite times being an addick

92-96 for me (but I am a couple of years younger than you).
  • Sponsored links:

• Garry Nelson = proper footballer.
  • The club to me doesn't resemble that period at all anymore, not Rd fault it lost the identity that made it our club long before this
  • the blues would've strolled that 7 a side game!

Boo! You love Pardew!! ;o)
  • Or maybe your not 17 anymore.

"Life's a drink and you get drunk when you're young.""

Everything is bright, new, more intense, more exciting.

Not saying you are wrong but I think we all look back at our youth as a golden age but maybe it was us that was golden not the times.

Reds got a better defence and a proper keeper. Blues would have to stick Gritt in goal (who wasn't shabby)
  • Football was much more accessible then Henners though, cost wise tickets were a lot more in line with working class income, players were more free to mix with the fans

I mean look at the photos we had on here of some of the poty do's at the meridian club

The ones now are brilliant for what you get and pay for but back then it was just so much closer, and we were part of it more and as such there was more patience with players especially home grown ones

We had come from the brink and we knew our place on the football ladder where as now it's instant results and success
  • One of the most refreshing thing about the picture. They are all wearing black boots. Proper footballers.
  • Would have loved to have stood on the East Terrace, awesome way to watch Football

Reds got a better defence and a proper keeper. Blues would have to stick Gritt in goal (who wasn't shabby)
    No no ;)

Bolder refs it and play monkey rush keeper but thats really just so you can tell Pardew to do one and go home.

Webster and oh jonny Robinson would boss it plus any team with Curbs in it tends to play above itself.