Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum Photos from 1992 (featuring NLA)

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
We have found 1000s of photographs going back to pre-WW2 while sorting out boxes at the museum.

We also found some slides which CAFC999 has added to drop box.

Lots of photos of the construction and a few of the team training on the pitch for the first time.imageimageimage

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Good pics. Will check out the others as well.

Maybe photoshop the last one and remove Pardew.....and Pitcher for that matter.
  • Is that Paul Gorman between Minto & Gritt in the bottom picture?
  • I'm saying yes it is. I'm also saying photoshop Salmon out too :smile:
  • Fumbluff said:

I'm saying yes it is. I'm also saying photoshop Salmon out too :smile:

Definitely is.
  • Is that Paul Gorman between Minto & Gritt in the bottom picture?

Yep. Last saw him serving behind the bar at Welling a few years back before the annual pre season friendly. Carrying a fair bit of timber and moaning about Curbs, tsk, tsk.
  • He was a hero at Welling United until he broke his leg at Merthyr, never the same when he came back
  • Are there many Selhurst pics? I used to be a ball boy, Tom Morris and others were always snapping away.
  • That was a bad choice of training top
  • Who's the guy top left standing next to Garry Nelson?
  • Need to sort them all as there are just boxes and boxes of photos.

Lots of black and white press shots of games in the 40s 50s 60s. Lots of player pics from 80s
  • Sponsored links:

• Yup, photoshopping needed.
    Gritty's hair.
    Because I did care.
  • Who's the guy top left standing next to Garry Nelson?

Alex Dyer.
  • Poyet with his barnet cut since joining West Ham, looks a bit like Scott Minto methinks.
  • Need to sort them all as there are just boxes and boxes of photos.

Lots of black and white press shots of games in the 40s 50s 60s. Lots of player pics from 80s

80's was definitely my favourite era in football terms. Kits were quality, pitches pure mud, only 1 sub, bad hair styles etc, etc. proper football.

So I'll certainly keep an eye out for the 80's pictures.
  • Is there a way we can see more of the pics?
  • I need to ask CAFC999 but yes.
  • I do not have a problem but I will need to clear some items from my drop box first and then require email addresses.

I also have some more photos that a rather kind and long suffering fan gave me of the ground which I will aim to put in the drop box when I get back to work next week.

As a taster, for those still complaining about pot holes in the car park, this is what it used to look like just before we returned.
  • My dad started taking me to see us at a very young age, but the 92/93 team was probably when I started making notes of the names of players etc, so here goes, top left to bottom right

Dyer
    Nelson
    Webster
    Pardew
    Salmon
    Sweaty
    Leaburn
    Bumpstead?
    Curbs
    Don't know :(
    Pitcher
    Minto
    Gorman
    Gritt
  • oh what memories, many thanks, are you putting more up anywhere?
  • Sponsored links:

• oh what memories, many thanks, are you putting more up anywhere?

Eventually, time, money and skills permitting all the photos and artefacts we have will be on a catalogue website but we'll stick more up on here and Dropbox soon.
  • I done the exile and return to the valley for my popular memory project at university, Paul lent me quite a few bits and bobs which told the story, I'm not sure if he's shared these with you or not?
  • we broke in that day and got interviewed by i think it was the 6 o clock show thats hillarious
  • we broke in that day and got interviewed by i think it was the 6 o clock show thats hillarious

Were you off duty or in plain clothes back then?

:-)
  • Ha, bloody hell Dal, decent pair of Chelsea boots there !
  • was always in them mate, french crop chelsea boots and jeans , i had forgotten all about that, that was the weds or thursday before the return i think, Curbs spotted us watching in the east stand , thought we were for it, the ball came over we booted it back to nelse not scuffing the boots and he and the rest of the team came over spoke with us signed what we had bought in shop

asked if we had a ticket for the day told them no , but that i knew a way in and would see it,

we watched the game from the east stand behind the gardens , but you couldn't see all the pitch but could see enough
  • proper made me smile that pic henners cracking
  • cabbles said:

My dad started taking me to see us at a very young age, but the 92/93 team was probably when I started making notes of the names of players etc, so here goes, top left to bottom right

Dyer
    Nelson
    Webster
    Pardew
    Salmon
    Sweaty
    Leaburn
    Bumpstead?
    Curbs
    Don't know :(
    Pitcher
    Minto