Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will The Valley Sell Out For Chris Powell's Return?

Comments

• iaitch said:

Will we have a clapalong in the third minute?

I hope not. don't see the point. For situations like petrov or Gary speed then fair enough. Not for a former player / manager though.
  • I will be there. I will give him a heroes welcome round of applause / sing his name before the game.

I will completely forget that he exists for 90 mins.

I will give him a heroes exit applause / sing his name after the game (if we don't lose).

Really can't understand how any true Charlton fan couldn't agree with that.

Will you also give BP, Chris Solly, Jackson etc a round of applause and sing their names before and after the game ?

Really can't understand how any true Charlton fan would fascinate about an ex manager so much and want to applaud him before and after a game against him.
  • I hope not either I was merely asking. Getting to commonplace if at all necessary.
  • Deffo need a banner on here for a month in advance - perhaps along the lines of a Rocky Survivor theme and a picture of Riga Powell
  • I imagine it will be similar to when Curbs game back with West Ham. He'll get a very good reception based on who is he and what he has done for the club and he deserves that.

From that point on, we have a key game against one of the teams I think we need to get 3 points from. The crowd will be behind the team. There won't be any clapping on the 3rd minute, it's not necessary.

After the game - I'm sure he'll get a warm round of applause as he leaves the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why should it sell out?
  • kevtherev said:

Why should it sell out?

Because we have a nice playing surface and some new seats , never mind the pure excitement of the football on offer
  • Do you think there will be some cafc fans who genuinely want huddersfield/chris Powell to win?
  • drewman said:

Do you think there will be some cafc fans who genuinely want huddersfield/chris Powell to win?

Yes
  • edited January 2015
    drewman said:

Do you think there will be some cafc fans who genuinely want huddersfield/chris Powell to win?

If it does not mean another crappy 1-1 again.
  • drewman said:

I do

Not when they're playing us :-)
  • drewman said:

I do

Good chance they will be above us in the table by then. Perhaps CP will tell his team to go easy on us:-)

• edited January 2015
    While we're moaning about something that hasn't happened yet, can I be the first to complain about the attendance today, the queues, the team being booed off at half-time by three people in the lower north, the shortage of pies in the east stand and the last-minute miss by Tucudean? Oh yes, and the blood weather, too.
  • While we're moaning about something that hasn't happened yet, can I be the first to complain about the attendance today, the queues, the team being booed off at half-time by three people in the lower north, the shortage of pies in the east stand and the last-minute miss by Tucudean? Oh yes, and the blood weather, too.

yes, go on :-)
  • Most "true" Charlton fans (if there is such a thing) will already be going to this game and football for a fiver may just be an added bonus - the return of Chris Powell may bring in an extra 100 people at max I'd say. Like, who turns up for a game because of an Ex Charlton manager leading the opposition as their main reason for going?

Football for a fiver appeals mainly to those who don't come regularly, or wouldn't attend in the normal way, so for those it's not about seeing Powell, but watching a match. It certainly won't sell out on the basis of it being SCP's return
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

drewman said:

Yes
    Don't be ridiculous. I know you love to make this point, but there is just no way.
  • Clap alongs in the x minute of each and every bloody game is getting on my nerves a bit. There was a game on TV the other week which I swear had three seperate minutes of applause in the first half.

One probably because Dave's hamster died and the second because Max fell off his bike outside the stadium during the week.
  • Clap alongs in the x minute of each and every bloody game is getting on my nerves a bit. There was a game on TV the other week which I swear had three seperate minutes of applause in the first half.

One probably because Dave's hamster died and the second because Max fell off his bike outside the stadium during the week.

I think Max actually ran over Dave's hamster. Shame the police woman off eastenders is dead as she would have solved it.
  • Tickets arrived at my HD8 address this morning.
    It would make the game a bit more interesting SCP being there. However, I spend most weeks and the odd week night hoping 'Town' lose. If they don't win a match in Jan and Feb I wouldn't care about whether he's in SE7, or that their owner Dean Hoyle would have sacked him by then. Huddersfield will be low on confidence and we would be about to thrash the arses of them.
    That's what we should be wishing for.
  • I'm with north stand Steve. Who gives a toss. Applaud him as he walks past and that's it. Save your energy for Bob and the team. Three points for Charlton then applaud him off. That's it.
  • Nobody is going to do any 'clap in the whatever minute' thing during the game against Huddersfield.

Stop getting worked up over something that hasn't happened yet and isn't going to for christ sake.
  • I will be there. I will give him a heroes welcome round of applause / sing his name before the game.

I will completely forget that he exists for 90 mins.

I will give him a heroes exit applause / sing his name after the game (if we don't lose).

Really can't understand how any true Charlton fan couldn't agree with that.

Why would you sing the opposing teams managers name when our own manager is under a bit of pressure. Strange.
  • edited January 2015
  • Are we going to do the same for Pardew when Palace are relegated, or Parkinson when Bradford are promoted:-)
  • I suspect there are around 5,000 fans who only go to football for a fiver games for reasons of cost or they are happy to visit just once a season. I can't see why they wouldn't come again particularly since it will be for a fiver with none of the donation confusion. (as noted by Airman Brown)

Last season's game vs Wigan attracted 23,000 so one would hope we reach or surpass that number.

As for Powell and Huddersfield it looks increasingly likely we will need every win we can get between now and May. So wave hello or whatever but once we kick-off my focus is on cheering our lads on.