Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will The Valley Sell Out For Chris Powell's Return?

Comments

• PL54 said:

I do hope so, and that we lose

You need to get yourself a blue and white striped shirt for the game and help fill the away end then.
  • PL54 said:

I do hope so, and that we lose

I do hope so and we win (for a change and some of those people come back)

• I hope we sell out, we win 6-0, and Peeters chases Poyet (if he's around) all the way back to Yorkshire
  • If they win, will Powell hang off the goalposts for old time sake?

fixed ;-)

• I'll organise the balloons, can someone get the SCP face masks out of storage?

oh... as the team will be giving him 3 points to take back with him to Yorkshire, could the Chrissey Powell sychronised cheerleading team match that with some extra practice, we only have until the 28th of Feb, chop chop!
  • If you are asking whether the Valley will sell out simply on the strength of Chris's return I'd say no chance.
    Football for a fiver will inflate the gate, but not a sell-out imo
  • Sponsored links:

• come what may, i just hope that football is the winner.
  • Absolutely no chance
  • I'll be wearing my flat cap
  • It will be a great game with plenty of goals . A Chris Powell team will akwAys have a ropey defence.
  • I'm looking forward to no one being subbed off until the 87th minute, then a defensive midfielder will be replaced by a full back and a striker will be replaced by a journeyman centre circle guardian
  • Powell will want Huddersfield to win the game. But not to put one over our owners. He will only be keen on getting a result for his team to help his team.
  • Powell will get a standing ovation without any shadow of a doubt, and rightly so.

Don't reckon we will get close to 25k on the attendance.

Somewhere between 15-17,000 I reckon. I honestly don't think we'd sell out if we were giving them away..........
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    The thing is, I think massive respect to Chris where it's due and all that, he's more than a decent bloke, who dragged us out of League 1 kicking and screaming, at a time when I was sick of league 1, at the verge of giving up ( anyone who was at Dagenham and Redbridge away will know what I mean) and fast falling out of love with football.
    But.... we badly need the points and I actually want us to win and not be caught up in the occasion of the return of one of our favoured sons.
  • Why is the feeling so negative. Previous FFaF has always attracted 20k plus. Why not this time with our best performing team since the initiative started and alotnof young players in the side.ive already got a group.of 10 coming along. Do your bit and lets make it happen.
  • Why is the feeling so negative. Previous FFaF has always attracted 20k plus. Why not this time with our best performing team since the initiative started and alotnof young players in the side.ive already got a group.of 10 coming along. Do your bit and lets make it happen.

Because we'll play crap, probably lose and in front of many more punters who will be reminded why they only go to the Valley when its only a fiver each for mum, dad, little Johnny and his poor sap of a best friend who was strong armed into going in the first place because the only alternative was being dragged around Bluewater by his mum. After the whole experience the four of them will be wishing they had nicked off shopping instead.

When are the tickets going on sale again?
  • edited January 2015

Powell will get a standing ovation without any shadow of a doubt, and rightly so.

Don't reckon we will get close to 25k on the attendance.

Somewhere between 15-17,000 I reckon. I honestly don't think we'd sell out if we were giving them away..........
    The only way that could happen is if the club failed to market the game at all outside the core support, but realistically not even then given the official attendances this season. You're essentially saying they couldn't replace the typical level of comps with £5 tickets, which is very unlikely. They have started early, which is sensible.

We got well into the 20,000s even for the League One matches and ought to be able to do better than last season, based on it being a more interesting fixture and with none of the confused messaging around last year's charity donation, which actually made tickets £6.
  • We'll win 4-0 and hail Bob Peeters as the greatest thing since sliced bread and say that SCP went at the right time because he was stale and that Huddersfield will take one of the relegation spots
    Then we'll struggle for the rest of the season and Huddersfield will have a ridiculous run of form and survive as we get relegated
    But it will be nothing to do with SCP it will be because of the illegal loaning of Diego Poyet who will turn their season around .......
  • Will we have a clapalong in the third minute?
  • iaitch said:

Will we have a clapalong in the third minute?

I hope not.

Perhaps we could just cancel the game, give Huddersfield the 3 points and ask CP to do a 90 min lap of honour?
  • iaitch said:

Will we have a clapalong in the third minute?

I'd go along with that, good idea.