Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket World Cup 2015 (and build up to)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Now 3 down for 39.
  • Options
    This could be over very quickly. Williamson gone caught and bowled by Johnson.

39-3

• Options

39-3

Why are you a full minute behind my reports?
  • Options
    N Z need to dig in and hope they can get somewhere near 250. They have an excellent bowling attack but need something to defend.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

39-3

Because I don't type as quickly as you. Plus I like to be give a bit more incite. And to do that I need Seb's input on what's gone on.
  • Options
    The only consolation I can draw from this very disappointing start is that low scoring matches can be exciting, and the Aussies do have a history of failing to chase realitively small totals over the years; however that is in Test cricket as opposed to ODI. As much as I'd love to see NZ win, I think it has to be acknowledged that this current Australian generation are head and shoulders above their peers in all forms of the game. Only the weather can save us from a 5-0 Ashe's drubbing this summer.
  • Options
    47-3 off 15

I'm probably tempting fate but Taylor looks by far the most comfortable of the N Z batsman to date. But that isn't saying a lot.
  • Options

Riviera said:

39-3

Because I don't type as quickly as you. Plus I like to be give a bit more incite. And to do that I need Seb's input on what's gone on.
    I can now confirm that Seb has fallen asleep so I'm on my own now.

Which is a shame because I wanted to ask him about an advert in between overs with a fantastic offer by Sky to watch Wrestlemania at just £19.95.

It's bad enough having to pay that sort of money for a world class boxing bout but to have to do so for a bunch of muscle bound C rated actors is ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Could be another wicket. Elliot given out LBW. REVIEW. NOT OUT!!!!
  • Options
    Back to the game and Elliott is given out L B W but is reviewed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And is missing the stumps!!!
  • Options
    66-3 off 20 still isn't that great but better than 66-4
  • Options
    Which it might be very shortly because Starc is back.
  • Options
    All down to you now AA and your very slow reports. This match is extremely disappointing and has sent me to bed.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

All down to you now AA and your very slow reports. This match is extremely disappointing and has sent me to bed.

Sleep tight lightweight.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    93-3 off 25 which, in the context of the innings and the fact they were 39-3 off 12.2, is a decent recovery.

• Options
    115-3 off 28

Taylor 29 (47)
    Elliott 50 (51)
  • Options
    150-3 off 35

Good platform now for Elliott (72 off 69) and Taylor (40 off 71).
  • Options
    Spoke too soon. Taylor chases a wide one from Faulkner and goes caught behind the very next ball.
  • Options
    And then get Anderson third ball of that over.

This PP N Z 0-2

150-5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And Ronchi swiftly follows, caught at slip by Clarke off Starc.

So, in PPs which are meant to be of assistance to the batting side, N Z are 32-4 off 11.2.
  • Options
    Vettori has to hang about with Elliott to give N Z any chance of some sort of total.

151-6 off 37
  • Options
    165-6 off 40

• Options
    Vettori bowled by Johnson

167-7 off 41

Someone has to stay with Elliott
  • Options
    Elliott follows, caught by Haddin off Faulkner, for an excellent 83 (82).

171-8 off 41.5

• Options
    Just what you don't want. Henry hits a full toss straight to cover.

188-9 off 44.5
  • Options
    Unbelievable stuff. Boult hits the ball to Maxwell at short mid wicket. Maxwell turns round and runs non striker, Southee, out with a direct hit.

183 all out off 45 from 150-3. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    Oz have been the best team by a mile in the tourno.

Anyway, as Riv says, sometimes the low score games are the best.
  • Options
    Finch and Warner will always give you a chance or two but it's down to Boult and Southee to bowl in the right areas to take advantage of that.
  • Options

Oz have been the best team by a mile in the tourno.

Anyway, as Riv says, sometimes the low score games are the best.

Pah, they couldn't even beat Bangladesh....