Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stupid answers on Quiz shows

Comments

• Options
    3 today from Tipping Point (yes it has been a boring day) 

3 on the trot from the bloke who actually was the winner !!

How many pennies were there to a pre decimal pound .. answer given  6  (fair enough he is quite young)   correct = 240

Who was the USA President on 1/1/2000 .. answer given George Washington .. correct = Bill Clinton

The name of a North Sea shipping area named after a Norse invader .. answer given Christopher Columbus .. correct = Viking

The wife and I were pissing ourselves laughing at him. 
  • Options
    Yup - That bloke was as thick as a whale omelette.......and he won!

I had a major Tourette's moment when he said George Washington........I involuntarily just shouted out CU**!  :D

• Options
    Thought I misheard the question as I was on a work phone call 

• Options
    This was also tipping point a few days ago, saw it on twitter

Ben: The names of 3 American States begin and end with the letter A, Alaska, Alabama and which other state

Contestant- Florida
    On today's Tipping Point:

Q: on what planet would you experience a marsquake
    A: The Moon

Or yesterday's episode

Q: What type of wing animal is a Gold Finch
    A: A fish
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Tipping Point today

Ben : A Mars quake occurs on which planet

Contestant : The moon.  
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Ignore me. I’m an idiot.

😂
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    This was also tipping point a few days ago, saw it on twitter

Ben: The names of 3 American States begin and end with the letter A, Alaska, Alabama and which other state

Contestant- Florida
    Even the question is stupid. There are 4:
    Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas.
    Que?
    See above. Misread it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    On this week's University Challenge a team identified Roy Orbison's voice as Tammy Wynette.  
  • Options
    So you're telling me the big furry fella in the Star Wars films ISN'T a Yeti?
  • Options
    Or the little fella? He's got a to a small Yeti.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    But honestly, as Algarve suggested, if you want to confuse contestants on University Challenge, ask them questions about any pop act in the last 50 years. They won't have a clue.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    So you're telling me the big furry fella in the Star Wars films ISN'T a Yeti?
    He's quite obviously a sasquatch. DUH.
  • Options
    'Name the performer.' 'Plays Can I Get A Witness by Marvin Gaye. 'Erm, errr. Madame Gaga?'
  • Options
    Couple of great ones from yesterday afternoon on Cash Trapped:

In Which southern county is Leeds Castle - Yorkshire.

what is the highest value Bank of England note -£100 note. 
    Saw a programme about the BOE recently.....they actually hold £1m notes in the vault.
    There are also £100mn pound notes, nicknamed Titans.  They look like the old white fiver in style. They are held to back the issue of notes by the commercial banks in Scotland and Northern Ireland.  Obviously quicker to count when balancing the books than a load of fivers.

• Options
    hawksmoor said:
    But honestly, as Algarve suggested, if you want to confuse contestants on University Challenge, ask them questions about any pop act in the last 50 years. They won't have a clue.
    The starter was The Everly Brothers - one brave soul guessed The Mamas and the Papas (sic). Then Dolly Parton - they said Tammy Wynette (in fairness one girl did say Dolly Parton or Tammy Wynette - and they went the wrong way). Then the Orbison question, then Buddy Holly who they guessed was Dean Martin.

In fairness ask me anything about pop acts from the past twenty years and I wouldn't exactly set the world on fire.    
  • Options
    Watching Lingo and the bloke just guessed the word was BONER lol 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Watching Lingo and the bloke just guessed the word was BONER lol 
    Must admit to giggling when ‘prick’ was an answer then the next go they guessed ‘flaps’.

edited - I mean my other half told me as I was working from home.
  • Options
    Can't remember which show it was, but the question was a music one and they played "Pop Muzik"
    The contestant answered with ERMMMMMMM and they gave it to them.
  • Options
    Pointless .. name a country with a land border of 2,000 km or more with another country .. Hubby and Wife team podium 1 .. Wife .. Africa .. XXXXX .. Back down the line .. Hubby .. United Kingdom .. XXXXX .. where DID they find this pair ? :)
  • Options
    Yes indeed but a couple of shows later they got through to the last round with a chance of about £5,000.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    iaitch said:
    Yes indeed but a couple of shows later they got through to the last round with a chance of about £5,000.
    NOOOOOO .. the other contestants must all have been 3 year old chimps lol
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Anyone watching the chase at the moment
    Oh I know this one. Is it... you?
    I was. People say about stupid answers but How many minutes in a netball game? they answered pass. F@ck me you can say any minute What soap was pat phelan in? Pass Any f@cking soap
    Not as easy as you'd think, there being two possible answers.  I know, one of my past pastimes (I wouldn't call it a job) was umpiring my Uni's netball team.  There'd never be a men's changing room made available, so I had to get changed with the women.
  • Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE? Chris Tarrant (asking the audience): 'Jambon' is the French for which food? 11 per cent of the audience: Jam.
    Whereas we all know it's French for 'good jam'.