Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stupid answers on Quiz shows

Comments

• Options
    Couple of great ones from yesterday afternoon on Cash Trapped:

In Which southern county is Leeds Castle - Yorkshire.

what is the highest value Bank of England note -£100 note. 
    Saw a programme about the BOE recently.....they actually hold £1m notes in the vault.
    I wonder if you could make a film about one of those?
  • Options
    Ignore me. I’m an idiot.

😂
    OK, that's the answer, what was the question and on which quiz show?
  • Options
    This was also tipping point a few days ago, saw it on twitter

Ben: The names of 3 American States begin and end with the letter A, Alaska, Alabama and which other state

Contestant- Florida
    Even the question is stupid. There are 4:
    Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas.
    Que?
    See above. Misread it.

To be fair, the s in Arkansas is silent.
  • Options
    This was also tipping point a few days ago, saw it on twitter

Ben: The names of 3 American States begin and end with the letter A, Alaska, Alabama and which other state

Contestant- Florida
    Even the question is stupid. There are 4:
    Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas.
    Que?
    See above. Misread it.

To be fair, the s in Arkansas is silent.
    Thanks for reminding me of my idiocy @AddicksAddict  I thought I’d got away with that!
    😳😂

Although in my defence, this does demonstrate how some “stupid” answers are probably just caused by misreading/mishearing the question. 
    I misread it as just “begin with an A” and I suspect the contestant misheard it as just “end with an A”. So in this case I have a bit of sympathy, especially as they had the pressure of being on a quiz too. 😎
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Anyone watching the chase at the moment
    Oh I know this one. Is it... you?
    I was. People say about stupid answers but How many minutes in a netball game? they answered pass. F@ck me you can say any minute What soap was pat phelan in? Pass Any f@cking soap
    Not as easy as you'd think, there being two possible answers.  I know, one of my past pastimes (I wouldn't call it a job) was umpiring my Uni's netball team.  There'd never be a men's changing room made available, so I had to get changed with the women.
    Maybe it's just me but surely there is much more to tell here, AA?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Pointless last night, we are going to show you a book title and a record that have the same name, we will also show you the initial letter.

Initial letter is E and is a book by Leon Uris and a Bob Marley song.

Bloke says the only one I can think of is Buffalo Soldier, not sure if it's a Leon Uris book though.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    clb74 said:
    Anyone watching the chase at the moment
    Oh I know this one. Is it... you?
    I was. People say about stupid answers but How many minutes in a netball game? they answered pass. F@ck me you can say any minute What soap was pat phelan in? Pass Any f@cking soap
    Not as easy as you'd think, there being two possible answers.  I know, one of my past pastimes (I wouldn't call it a job) was umpiring my Uni's netball team.  There'd never be a men's changing room made available, so I had to get changed with the women.
    Maybe it's just me but surely there is much more to tell here, AA?
    Actually, there isn't.  Everything was very proper and above board.

Unfortunately.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Pointless last night, we are going to show you a book title and a record that have the same name, we will also show you the initial letter.

Initial letter is E and is a book by Leon Uris and a Bob Marley song.

Bloke says the only one I can think of is Buffalo Soldier, not sure if it's a Leon Uris book though.
    Can I add that the bloke who gave that answer was from Sittingbourne.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not quite as funny when you realise the contestant was probably thinking of Homer Simpson.
    Yeah, I don’t think anyone wouldn’t realise that. Those damn Simpsons and their epic poetry.
  • Options
    Jonah Lomu on a celebrity Wheel of Fortune tv show famously selected O for Awesome
    It wasn't Jonah Lomu it was NZ heavyweight boxer (lightweight quiz show contestant) David Tua. @Blackheathen you are the weakest link. Good bye.
    @Blackheathen. Whilst i continue to be right about it being David Tua, the latest on the legendary mistake is that he actually said 'O for Olsen' but his Samoan accent made it sound like 'O for awesome'.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/the-spinoff-o-for-goodness-sake-proof-that-david-tua-never-said-o-for-awesome/QZ3QV7BN3RTT4UE54LV7LC3FAE/ 

• Options
    Not quite as funny when you realise the contestant was probably thinking of Homer Simpson.
    I can’t tell if this is a joke or not.
  • Options
    That would be the same Homer Simpson the bloke who is known for telling epic poems yeah like the question stated?
  • Options
    But the other contestant was asked her opinion and she agreed doughnuts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021

Bloke said doughnuts.
    I wonder what it is that he's got sloshing around in that massive swede of his then?

I hope he'd already teed his workmates up about this. He's going to get slaughtered....and rightly so  :D.

He'll never be in a position to own a Jazz home studio - that's for sure!

He thought 'ambrosia', but ruled that out as it's a tinned rice pudding.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:

Bloke said doughnuts.
    I wonder what it is that he's got sloshing around in that massive swede of his then?

I hope he'd already teed his workmates up about this. He's going to get slaughtered....and rightly so  :D.

He thought 'ambrosia', but ruled that out as it's a tinned rice.
    ....and he knew that as he'd been to a couple of his musicals.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:

Bloke said doughnuts.

He thought 'ambrosia', but ruled that out as it's a tinned rice pudding.
    I thought we bought ambrosia from Ipswich?
  • Options
    Wow i caused some excitement (My wife will be flabbergasted)...I do and did get it, but all i was saying was that at least it was not a totally random stupid answer. There was a logic to his answer from his misidentification,...rather than if he had said e.g. yogurt or a ploughman's lunch. Not much of a point i guess. I'll get my coat.
  • Options

Bloke said doughnuts.
    Much has been made of this on social media but I’ll happily put my hands up and say I’ve never heard of  an Ancient Greek  poet called Homer 
  • Options

Bloke said doughnuts.
    Much has been made of this on social media but I’ll happily put my hands up and say I’ve never heard of  an Ancient Greek  poet called Homer 
    People will be Livid!! 
  • Options

Bloke said doughnuts.
    You’ve never heard of The Iliad mate?