Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forest v Charlton - Post match views

Another point, and a decent strike from Harriott.

Happy with a point or disappointed ?

Look forward to hearing from those there or who watched the streams

Comments

• Cracking equalizer.
  • Wasnt at the game or watching a live stream due to other commitments so can't pass a judgement on the game - however to get away from Notts Forest with one point is, given their squad budget against ours, an achievement.
    Any small disappointment at losing a lead is reversed by the fact that Millwall got thumped at home.
    Makes Blackpool next week a must-win game. On paper it's a dead cert - but in all reality CAFC can really foul things like that up all too easily.....
  • Didn't see the game, but you have to be happy with a point at Forest.
    Any disappointment today comes back to the points dropped in the last 2 home games, but let's be realistic about this result in isolation.
    An emphatic win and performance next Saturday would set us up perfectly for the busy Christmas period.
  • Good point - game of 2 halves but the old guy next to me wouldn't stop moaning 2nd half. If they cleared it long he had a go but if we held the ball and played it short he had a go as well! Special mention for Harriott who had an excellent game - caused the defence problems and seems to have learned when to pass at the right time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the stream.

2 points dropped for me. Better side first half and should have been able to push on more after taking the lead. Great goal from us, if only for the pass from JoBerg and the control from Cousins which earns us the lucky break with the deflection.

We were always going to have to weather a storm after halftime, but actually I don't think Forest threatened that much. Yes they had us a little nervy, but in terms of clear sights on goal, it was only Ince who was guilty of spurning a clear chance, the others were all over hit crosses or snuffed out by us, albeit a little last ditch a couple of times. A lot of it was self inflicted due to overly rushed passes and trying to turn every clearance into a breakaway scoring opportunity. We were nearly over the worst of it when they scored. Not an easy save for Pope, but I think he'll be disappointed he didn't keep it out having got a hand to it. It was well struck, but was chest height and a good foot or two inside the post.

After their goal we gradually regained a modicum of control and looked comfortable for the last 15 mins, which is when I started to get frustrated. The three points were there for the taking again but, not for the first time this season, we lacked composure in the final third, often trying to force it or selecting the wrong pass and then misdirecting it. If we could have strung more than 3 passes together second half we'd have won the game comfortably imo.

Draw was probably fair in the end but we could/should have won it.
  • I would have taken a point before the game, but somehow a draw always seems disappointing once you've had the lead. I don't think there's anything we could have done about their goal - except score more!
  • Watched on the stream and it was a good point in the end. An excellent first half, in which we dominated in midfield and threatened up front, with Callum Harriott, Coquelin and Jordan Cousins particularly impressive. The missed chance just before half time always looked as if it would come back to haunt us. We couldn't get out in the second half as Forest bossed it and a draw was a fair result overall.

At least we conceded to a wonderful strike, rather than a soft equaliser, and we stood up pretty well to a lot of pressure. Very impressed with young Popey, who cuts a very reassuring figure for a lad with only half a dozen league starts at Championship level.
  • not really arsed anymore. We're not going to score more than once in a game so I knew from 20 mins into the game that would be it & no way would we hold onto a 1-0 lead at Forest.

Just surprised that Blackpool won today as its got a 0-1 away win written all over it next week

That's the spirit golfie.

Don't let it ruin your swagger for date night though golfie ;-)
  • Good point.
  • not really arsed anymore. We're not going to score more than once in a game so I knew from 20 mins into the game that would be it & no way would we hold onto a 1-0 lead at Forest.

Just surprised that Blackpool won today as its got a 0-1 away win written all over it next week

Ok.
  • If you break down the season so far into four sets of five fixtures, our form since the start has been: 9pts, 9pts, 5pts, 6pts.

In short for the opening ten games we delivered play-off form and in the past ten games relegation form.

So the big questions are: was the early form a blip and we are set for a lower midtable finish (albeit with enough in the bag to avoid a scrap)? Or is the most recent form a blip and can we find a resurgence to challenge for the top six?

I fear the former based on the lack of squad depth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just saw the goals ...well taken by Callum and long shot by them that would not always work.
  • If you break down the season so far into four sets of five fixtures, our form since the start has been: 9pts, 9pts, 5pts, 6pts.

In short for the opening ten games we delivered play-off form and in the past ten games relegation form.

So the big questions are: was the early form a blip and we are set for a lower midtable finish (albeit with enough in the bag to avoid a scrap)? Or is the most recent form a blip and can we find a resurgence to challenge for the top six?

I posted something similar after losing to Ipswich. October was poor due to injuries. In our last ten games Vetokele has not really been 100%.
    The point is that the transfer window opens in three and a half weeks which enables the club to strengthen the squad for the second half of the season. Plus Henderson and Wiggins should be back by then.
  • edited December 2014

If you break down the season so far into four sets of five fixtures, our form since the start has been: 9pts, 9pts, 5pts, 6pts.

I posted something similar after losing to Ipswich. October was poor due to injuries. In our last ten games Vetokele has not really been 100%.
    The point is that the transfer window opens in three and a half weeks which enables the club to strengthen the squad for the second half of the season. Plus Henderson and Wiggins should be back by then.
    Henderson wouldn't have made any difference today Pope dealt with what he had to well claiming crosses and not spilling anything. No chance with the goal, got a hand to it but it was a great strike and going like a rocket.

For all his distribution woes this season, Wiggins will offer more going forward than Fox and make more tackles.

Vetokele looked fully fit to me today but again had to take the brunt of what the CBs dished out.
  • Still find it very frustrating we cannot play for 90 minutes no matter who the opposition is. We should have been out of sight by half time but yet again we try to sit on a one goal lead!
  • watched on a stream and a point was fair i thought
    Fox was improved and Pope is my first choice as keeper , he's growing in confidence in every game and is prepared to come for the ball and put his cock on the chopping board , good luck to him
    fairplay to Harriott as well , he has ability and more and more is showing each match
    Cousins has improved big time in the last couple of games which i'm pleased about because i was beginning to lose faith in him
    Thought the ref gave us so many tight calls in our favour it became a bit embarrassing

after inputting all the relevant data into my very own much maligned "football finishing positions percentage algorithm program", i have come up with the following numbers ( explanation for cabbles)

0 % top two ......... 2 % 3rd-6th .........48% 7th-12th ......49.75% 13th-21st...... 0.25% Relegation
  • Can't be bothered on commenting on the actual game as it was a poor one and the sitting back when we're a goal up shtick (which has worked very few times in terms of winning games recently) is getting tedious to watch and making me question whether I actually want to go to games at the moment.

What I wanna ask is why we we so quiet today? I get maybe the fact they just let people sit where they want may have mucked things up, and there was nothing really to get behind after the goal, but for 800-900 we were so quiet.
  • From my seat that was a good point. Played well first half. Forest really stepped it up second half and the crowd got right behind them. Other than 15mins where were wobbling I thought we stood up to them very well.

Anyone who thinks we are going to go to The City Ground and dominate for 90 mins is living in an alternative reality.

The Forest squad probably cosr 3-4 times what ours did and we more than matched them.

Think we missed Jackson and after Coq got a final warning we lost the midfield battle.

As for the twats sitting behind me, jesus wept. One of them was only going to be happy if Forest scored again. There were 5-6 of them who spent the whole match spouting absolute crap.

Apparently, we draw too many games because all of our players are used to the Belgian league and can't cope with English football. Of the starting XI I believe Ben Haim is the only one who has regularly played in Belgium.

By all accounts this is the worst team for 10 years and Peeters is an uninspiring chancer who is stealing a wage.

Take it you had a word then?
  • From my seat that was a good point. Played well first half. Forest really stepped it up second half and the crowd got right behind them. Other than 15mins where were wobbling I thought we stood up to them very well.

Anyone who thinks we are going to go to The City Ground and dominate for 90 mins is living in an alternative reality.

The Forest squad probably cosr 3-4 times what ours did and we more than matched them.

Think we missed Jackson and after Coq got a final warning we lost the midfield battle.

As for the twats sitting behind me, jesus wept. One of them was only going to be happy if Forest scored again. There were 5-6 of them who spent the whole match spouting absolute crap.

Apparently, we draw too many games because all of our players are used to the Belgian league and can't cope with English football. Of the starting XI I believe Ben Haim is the only one who has regularly played in Belgium.

By all accounts this is the worst team for 10 years and Peeters is an uninspiring chancer who is stealing a wage.

You can think someone is a twat without 'having a word'. I wouldn't have a word with a load of aggressive, pissed-up blokes.
  • Uboat said:

From my seat that was a good point. Played well first half. Forest really stepped it up second half and the crowd got right behind them. Other than 15mins where were wobbling I thought we stood up to them very well.

You can think someone is a twat without 'having a word'. I wouldn't have a word with a load of aggressive, pissed-up blokes.
    Why would I have a word? It was a group of middle-aged blokes, they weren't pissed, they weren't aggressive, they just spouted utter bollocks for 90mins.