Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benty on loan! (to Brighton)

edited November 2014 in General Charlton
To Brighton... One we've missed out on there, would surely rather have come here!?

Comments

• Options
    Our owner thinks you only need one forward
  • Options
    Jesus, huge huge missed opportunity
  • Options
    Big mistake of we don't try and get him
  • Options
    I hope he does well at BHA, except when they play us.
  • Options
    He is now crap! Done nothing for years and isnt the sort of player we need
  • Options

Yeah, what use to we have for those bloody goalscorers?
  • Options

Agree entirely, loved him when he was with us though.
  • Options
    Wish him well but will have to wait and see how he does at BHA before saying we've missed out or that he's pasr it
  • Options
    How did he do at Fulham?
  • Options
    Would be interesting to know how much of his wages Brighton are picking up. I suspect it's out of our financial league,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Definitely the sort of player we need after George's miss on Saturday!

As for the previous comment, that's at a far higher level than the championship.
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but it looks like the fire has gone out with Benty. We'll see.
    I thought Brighton had plenty of strikers? Injuries or are Baldock, that bloke from Barnsley and the others not working out?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Definitely the sort of player we need after George's miss on Saturday!
    Yes but George put the effort in to be on the end of the pass

He would've buried George's chance in the last min on sat....that's the difference

• Options
    So now we know why Brighton voted to change the FFP rules...

Terrible shame - for all his lack of fitness, he is still a natural goalscorer and Charlton is his spiritual home...but afraid RD does not give two stuffs about anything "sentimental" like that.
  • Options
    Saw him come on for Villa last night and thought he's finished at PL level. He'll score a few goals for Brighton, although they don't have a great track record with strikers so far this season
  • Options

So now we know why Brighton voted to change the FFP rules...

Terrible shame - for all his lack of fitness, he is still a natural goalscorer and Charlton is his spiritual home...but afraid RD does not give two stuffs about anything "sentimental" like that.

Nor would you if you were paying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe we can get O'Grady on loan from them as I'm sure they will want to cover Bents wages at least in part. Pretty pissed off though.
  • Options
    There's some great goals in those vines, but the thing that stands out for me was that quality of the final balls (where shown). I think we've got the best midfield that we've had for a long time, but it's not as good as shown there.

As much as I loved having Darren Bent in our side I not convinced he's the answer now, I'd like to think we can get better value for money in the January sales. I'm just hoping that we do.

If one good thing can come of his going to Brighton it is perhaps that it will stop people from going on about the (im)possibility of us getting him in future.
  • Options
    Didn't want him anyway.

He's pony, always has been.
  • Options
    I think he's lost a lot of his appetite and desire for the game .. AV are struggling, if he were still any good why would they let him go ?
  • Options
    Those vines have reminded of a) how much I bloody loved that man and b) how we were a decent side (yes, I know we went down) but they really were the glory years... Heading in the right direction now of course but my word we've put up with some dross since those heady days...
  • Options
    I'm depressed after watching them videos
  • Options
    You'd think he'd still be a big threat at this level, even though he's not the same player.

On the other hand he's not the type of striker we ideally need to play alongside Igor, and I expect Brighton will be paying a fair % of his wages. Igor's probably the better player now and I hope we get a striker of similar quality in January, hopefully someone young for the longer term like Igor.
    Stig said:

There's some great goals in those vines, but the thing that stands out for me was that quality of the final balls (where shown). I think we've got the best midfield that we've had for a long time, but it's not as good as shown there.

But at the same time we're not playing against Premier League defenders and goalkeepers.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

You'd think he'd still be a big threat at this level, even though he's not the same player.

On the other hand he's not the type of striker we ideally need to play alongside Igor, and I expect Brighton will be paying a fair % of his wages. Igor's probably the better player now and I hope we get a striker of similar quality in January, hopefully someone young for the longer term like Igor.

Stig said:

But at the same time we're not playing against Premier League defenders and goalkeepers.
    You've still gotta run