Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dulwich Hamlet

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Dulwich Hamlet: Their original ground was a good stadium for amateur football, they used to get large crowds in the heyday and I believe hosted England amateur games on the odd occasion.  My Uncle supported them before and after the war.  I saw one game their as a kid and was surprised how decent the ground was, shame that got changed.  
  • Options
    I’ve been to a couple of games as my best mate is a fan. Enjoyable day out. It’s where I’d go if the worst came to the worst. 
    Not the ‘other place’ that some might expect ;-)
  • Options
    A good financial deal for Dulwich, but hard to get too excited, especially as the new ground is much the same as the current one, i.e. one main stand/clubhouse, and basic facilities on the other 3 sides
    It’s a National League South team, what were you expecting?!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    A good financial deal for Dulwich, but hard to get too excited, especially as the new ground is much the same as the current one, i.e. one main stand/clubhouse, and basic facilities on the other 3 sides
    It’s a National League South team, what were you expecting?!
    There not a club looking to be in the Football League, I think they'll be happy being a NL South team for the foreseeable, the stadium looks perfect for them
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’ve been to a couple of games as my best mate is a fan. Enjoyable day out. It’s where I’d go if the worst came to the worst. 
    I went there last season when Dartford played Dulwich. Pleasant enough, but not a lot of atmosphere as it felt like a lot of people were just there for a chat with their mates over a beer, rather than because they were passionate about the football itself.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I went there last season when Dartford played Dulwich. Pleasant enough, but not a lot of atmosphere as it felt like a lot of people were just there for a chat with their mates over a beer, rather than because they were passionate about the football itself.
    Yes, felt that too. Good bar though, and one or two decent players. 
  • Options
    Dulwich Hamlet: Their original ground was a good stadium for amateur football, they used to get large crowds in the heyday and I believe hosted England amateur games on the odd occasion.  My Uncle supported them before and after the war.  I saw one game their as a kid and was surprised how decent the ground was, shame that got changed.  

They certainly hosted some International games and I saw them play a friendly against a Fiji (I think) side who played in bare feet
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I have not been over the last 12 months for health and covid reasons but the atmosphere previously was brilliant.  Maybe the prospect of relegation and a string of poor results dampened enthusiasm.  
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I have not been over the last 12 months for health and covid reasons but the atmosphere previously was brilliant.  Maybe the prospect of relegation and a string of poor results dampened enthusiasm.  
    I was there for the last match before lockdown (normally get to a couple a season, may be significantly more soon!) and the atmosphere was great.
  • Options

They certainly hosted some International games and I saw them play a friendly against a Fiji (I think) side who played in bare feet
    I was there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The FA Cup third qualifying-round tie between Christchurch and Dulwich Hamlet will be shown live on the BBC.

The game, on Tuesday, 13 October (19:45 BST), will be shown on BBC iPlayer, Red Button and BBC Sport online.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54469084

• Options
    Might even watch this in a pub.
  • Options
    I went down yesterday, he seemed quite genuine and he had apparently been in the ground all day.

Unfortunately, it's all tied in with a fly-on-the wall documentary, which doesn't seem too great: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/peter-crouch-lands-brand-new-24378515.amp

Feels like a bit of a circus.