Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dulwich Hamlet

Comments

• Options

My Grandad played for Dulwich Hamlet for quite some time, i know for a fact he would be turning in his grave if he saw this today.

I hate everything about it to be honest, gentrification beyond a joke. I'm pretty open minded to a lot of left wing ideas but wearing pink nail varnish to football? Piss off.

I don't really have a good reason for it, but that article has made me furious.

I hear ya. Bring back the empty grounds and casual racism and homophobia I say.
    Happy days...
  • Options
    I saw Dulwich Hamlet play at Wingate & Finchley a while back. Their fans were obnoxious pricks, as a lot of larger non league teams fans can be! Sorry to see that they’re being messed around like this though.
  • Options
    I'm sure Millwall will help them out.
  • Options

I'm not sure their supporters would fully appreciate the alcoholic beverages on sale at our place.

After being served up trendy craft ales with names akin to Pastors Nutsack, Badgers Glands, Old Fishlips and Captains Dribble I don't think they'd transition very well to pissy, carbonated cistern-brewed beer.

It's a non starter.
    Is that a new Brew Dog tipple???
  • Options

I'm not sure their supporters would fully appreciate the alcoholic beverages on sale at our place.

After being served up trendy craft ales with names akin to Pastors Nutsack, Badgers Glands, Old Fishlips and Captains Dribble I don't think they'd transition very well to pissy, carbonated cistern-brewed beer.

It's a non starter.
    Just had to look up on how Brew Dog applied here and saw the latest outrage over their Pink IPA.

I'll be donning my bestest wig and dress this evening in search of this cheaper tipple.
  • Options

It's a non starter.
    Just had to look up on how Brew Dog applied here and saw the latest outrage over their Pink IPA.

I'll be donning my bestest wig and dress this evening in search of this cheaper tipple.
    Not sure you have the intention of International Women's Day quite right there @Big_Bad_World :wink:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

It's a non starter.

Not sure you have the intention of International Women's Day quite right there @Big_Bad_World :wink:
    In the age of gender fluidity I can pick and choose my gender on a daily basis.

It's all about how the mood takes me and my feelings on that given day :confused:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carlshalton or Tooting are the options according to the Standard
  • Options
    Getting annoying that Millwall have a moral lead over us at the moment (see Lewisham hospital etc etc)

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-millwall-come-support-beleaguered-dulwich-hamlet/
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Getting annoying that Millwall have a moral lead over us at the moment (see Lewisham hospital etc etc)

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-millwall-come-support-beleaguered-dulwich-hamlet/

Agreed. Maybe if we let the play at the Valley, they could share their CEO.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Millwall have a great ceo with a conscience who I wish still worked for us.
  • Options
    Dulwich to play their remaining home games this season at

Tooting and Mitcham

• Options
    Tooting are my favourite non league team. The ground's not in a very 'hip' area though - most of the nearby pubs have closed down.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Pringle said:

Tooting are my favourite non league team. The ground's not in a very 'hip' area though - most of the nearby pubs have closed down.

I dunno, there's a BP garage opposite. What more could anyone need?

Anyway, there's a rally at Goose Green, East Dulwich, on Saturday at 12.30pm, with a march to Champion Hill after. There's even a piece on the CAST website: https://www.castrust.org/2018/03/617208/

Plenty of media coming, all family-friendly. East Dulwich station is conveniently situated for a quick getaway back to The Valley (changing at London Bridge).

If you can't make it, I'll see you for the CARD demo on Easter Monday...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My Grandad played for Dulwich Hamlet for quite some time, i know for a fact he would be turning in his grave if he saw this today.

I hate everything about it to be honest, gentrification beyond a joke. I'm pretty open minded to a lot of left wing ideas but wearing pink nail varnish to football? Piss off.

I don't really have a good reason for it, but that article has made me furious.

I hear ya. Bring back the empty grounds and casual racism and homophobia I say.
    I’m clearly not asking for that. But hijacking a club (which is not your local club if you’ve rented next door for 2 weeks) for your own bollocks hipster regime can fuck off.
  • Options
    Will they be able to play back at Champion Hill now?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

No, because the owner is still determined to build on the site and move them next door, which is acceptable to the council
  • Options
    Pringle said:

cos its in mitcham, one of the worst places i've ever been through in london.

Shame they're not in tooting, easy access to clapham preppies and tooting has got a growing population of hipsters.
  • Options

se9addick said:

No, because the owner is still determined to build on the site and move them next door, which is acceptable to the council
    But that was always the plan, wasn't it? It just kicked off last year when planning permission got turned down?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

But that was always the plan, wasn't it? It just kicked off last year when planning permission got turned down?
    yes. Dulwich hamlet need a new stadium, Champion hill is not fit for purpose, partially because of the huge crowds they now get. A new stadium next door would be best for all parties.

Last year meadow walked off with the ball in a sulk. This is a positive development, but not out of the woods yet.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

yes. Dulwich hamlet need a new stadium, Champion hill is not fit for purpose, partially because of the huge crowds they now get. A new stadium next door would be best for all parties.

Last year meadow walked off with the ball in a sulk. This is a positive development, but not out of the woods yet.
    They don't need a new stadium

The owner/developer wants to make money by building masses of flats. The astroturf pitch next door is a public asset and isn't big enough to for the basis of a stadium, so they would need to take part of the surrounding fields, Metropolitan Open Land.

So nobody benefits other than the owner

It would be like Roland wanting to build flats on The Valley and move us to Blackheath or Greenwich Park
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

They don't need a new stadium

The owner/developer wants to make money by building masses of flats. The astroturf pitch next door is a public asset and isn't big enough to for the basis of a stadium, so they would need to take part of the surrounding fields, Metropolitan Open Land.

So nobody benefits other than the owner

It would be like Roland wanting to build flats on The Valley and move us to Blackheath or Greenwich Park
    Better pubs tbf.

Really hoping that Dulwich are able to return to Champion Hill soon, I live nearby and as much as I’d like to think that I’ll traipse over to Mitcham to watch them I know I won’t do it regularly.
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer on Charlton’s win against Dulwich Hamlet, incoming transfers and Darren Pratley

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b4fcd0e6b67a/lee-bowyer-on-charltons-win-against-dulwich-hamlet-incoming-transfers-and-darren-pratley