Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Bolton - post match views

Comments

• Options
    Just seen a good post by @timken on the pts haul thread. It took us until Boxing Day last season to get 22pts last season. Says it all really. Great season so far. We should enjoy this season as we are doing very well.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Can anybody recall a game where CAFC played quality football for 90mins and the opposition never looked like scoring from every attack?

If you don't like the football, stay away, I did under Pardew.

But ffs, don't moan when we are 4 points of the top of the Championship after 1/3 of the season gone with a new decent pitch, ground improved, and a group of young players who want to play for CAFC.

Think Im nearly done with this site, its like sitting next to my dad at the Valley who has moaned about every manager, player and coach weve had for the past 35 years.

It's not Golfie is it? :-)
  • Options

Can anybody recall a game where CAFC played quality football for 90mins and the opposition never looked like scoring from every attack?

But ffs, don't moan when we are 4 points of the top of the Championship after 1/3 of the season gone with a new decent pitch, ground improved, and a group of young players who want to play for CAFC.

Think Im nearly done with this site, its like sitting next to my dad at the Valley who has moaned about every manager, player and coach weve had for the past 35 years.

If you only like to read your own opinion over and over again then i have no idea why you came on here in the first place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All I can say is that last night confirmed that there is a God for me. CL was down for whatever reason and I was unable to follow what must of been an excruciating match thread. Praise DeLort!!!
  • Options
    I think we re doing great for the amount of players we have. We won't sign loan players though. We will continue to use youth. Is that so bad, last season 2 of our best players were from the academy. Karl a hearse grant looks good and why not use Harriot. Time to trust these players to do well. Some players need a rest. Well done to bp for getting another win, we need to trust the back up we have will do good.
  • Options
    If we had a midfield as good as our defence then I would back us against any and every team in the whole league. Unfortunately, we don't. The midfield seems to rely heavily on Buyens as the pivot to move ball from defence to attack, if he plays poorly (as he has recently) we get swamped, if he's on form we play some genuinely excellent football on occasion. JBG being in and out of the team through injury doesn't help either, he can make things happen.

For me the quandary is the Cousins/Jackson conundrum - JJ doesn't do an awful lot, but what he does, he does very well. The cost of that is that Cousins is generally shunted out of position. Move him inside and we'd get more muscle and dynamism in the midfield but would be relying entirely on our strikers for a goal threat (poor old Igor can't do it alone, and Tucudean is about as consistent as Lloyd Sam.)

• Options
    The game seems to look better on the radio. We were very happy.
  • Options
    Sign off a decent team is winning when playing badly (as the so called expert pundits say!). Well done the lads for getting a very good 3 points when pretty much the majority of us had written them off!
  • Options

Wow this place amazes me sometimes. How can a win without Solly Vetokele and Gudmundsson not be enough ?! Unbelievable response from some on here.

A great win after our loss Saturday. Well done boys and well done BP for lifting them and getting a hard fought win.

this all day long, great win - was a bit ugly - but a great win.

Wiggins must have Fox breathing down his neck now, he was awful
  • Options

If you only like to read your own opinion over and over again then i have no idea why you came on here in the first place.
    To find a boiler Engineer, a decent wedding venue, a decent curry house, guttering advice, and how to remove a virus from my PC.
    Sorry didn't realise you relied on site for such things ranging from where you eat to where you get married. I suggest you stay then.
  • Options

To find a boiler Engineer, a decent wedding venue, a decent curry house, guttering advice, and how to remove a virus from my PC.
    Sorry didn't realise you relied on site for such things ranging from where you eat to where you get married. I suggest you stay then.
    Jesus wept it was a joke.

But for your info the site come up trumps for all of the above and I have a load of mates on here I know outside of my keyboard.

• Options

Didn't realise you used the site for such things as what colour Pants you worry that Chris Powell is wearing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

So little slack given for such big players missing from the first 11, some of you need Xmas to come sooner rather than the scheduled date, to cheer the fuck up

I will speak to Santa and see if he minds swapping his bday to next week

Jesus Christ NLA, that wouldn't give me enough time to put off buying Santamas pressies until the last minute, then head for the all night garage on Smas eve. C'mon now.
  • Options
    midfield is definitely a conundrum. how we were out bossed by a dwarf in Spearling for most of the game ill never know. we have no real presence and we need one desperately.

liked the attacking option of a pair of whippets up front for the last 10 mins. that could be interesting in the future with Igor sidelined.

maybe Tucadean could give 5k to a local hospice every time he goes down like a 7 year old girl guide. quite embarrassing for man of his stature. luckily he was involved in both goals to regain some kudos.

i never felt we were every really in trouble. the stats told a different story to the actual match in my view. but Bolton are not what you would call a class side currently. we have a quite a straightforward looking next 4 games and 2 months in hand vs our points tally for last season so we should be challenging for 2nd place early Dec. "hopeful emoticon"
  • Options
    On the post match views thread peeps give their own views post match, so pls stop moaning about people moaning

And moaning about people moaning about people moaning..

:)
  • Options
    Agree on the defence, Bike was as absolute find, tbh a shrewd one as with buyens, gud and veto were good signings, but others are clearly wanting George, moussa, bulot, don't look up to being more than squad players.

When you get quality in the frustration is when a few of the others just aren't up to scratch, which kinda makes it a waste of money both in wages and losses, bit like having a high performance car with low grade fuel in it.
  • Options
    Two quality goals in an otherwise uninspiring display, but then this division is about grinding out results, Derby won 1-0 at Blackpool, it's such tight games that decide promotions and relegations.

Very inexperienced bench, Fox seemed unsure what to when he came on. I know there's no vacancy at CB, but surely there must be a role for Morrison on the pitch somewhere. He's not a brilliant RB, but playing him there at some point last night would have freed up Wilson to play in midfield where we were badly overrun...
  • Options
    razil said:

Agree on the defence, Bike was as absolute find, tbh a shrewd one as with buyens, gud and veto were good signings, but others are clearly wanting George, moussa, bulot, don't look up to being more than squad players.

When you get quality in the frustration is when a few of the others just aren't up to scratch, which kinda makes it a waste of money both in wages and losses, bit like having a high performance car with low grade fuel in it.

I think thatll be the same for every team in this division mate, and possibly the lower 1/3rd of Prem.

• Options
    edited October 2014

Two quality goals in an otherwise uninspiring display, but then this division is about grinding out results, Derby won 1-0 at Blackpool, it's such tight games that decide promotions and relegations.

Very inexperienced bench, Fox seemed unsure what to when he came on. I know there's no vacancy at CB, but surely there must be a role for Morrison on the pitch somewhere. He's not a brilliant RB, but playing him there at some point last night would have freed up Wilson to play in midfield where we were badly overrun...

Totally agree with this and said the same after the Brighton game when he brought Fox on instead and we needed aerial presence at the back to counteract their CB Dunk who scored twice for them and nicked a point. However Bob seems to have a fixation about bringing Fox on in midfield late in the game when he is a full back! Still he clearly knows what he is doing as we held on for the bounce back we were looking for. :-)
  • Options
    Not read the rest of the thread yet.

Thought we played quite well up until they got a goal back. Tucudean was better than I expected but goes down to easily. After Bolton pulled a goal back we were panic defending for the remainder of the game, we have to get out of this habit and learn how to play with composure when the pressure's on.

Peeters broke rule no. 1 in the coaching manual by bringing Fox on to immediately defend a Bolton corner - he lost his man and they nearly scored, please don't do that again (and why not bring on Morrison to help us see the game out?).

Encouraging that we won without Vetokele but I remain concerned that we have once again been somewhat fortunate to pick up a result.