Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs. Boro - Post Match Views - 27/9/2014

Comments

• Moussa added an extra potent option combined with the big 22 at the back going off injured. He dealt with everything before and gave Igor nothing. Second half support was the best for a long while. All three stands going for it together.
  • It looked like a twisted ankle from where we were, I was thinking ligament injury, which could be a few weeks.

Thought Moussaka coming on was the turning point of the game as he injected more urgency and incisiveness into our play.

Really enjoyed the second half
  • When a knee is involved it can't be good. I reckon he will be out for a while which is such a shame as he can clearly be a big player for us.

Going to turn into a really frustrating stop start cafc career for him.

He has just tweeted that injury not as bad as first expected.
    No he hasn't. He has tweeted he hopes it isn't.
    Kap10 said:

It looked like a twisted ankle from where we were, I was thinking ligament injury, which could be a few weeks.

Thought Moussaka coming on was the turning point of the game as he injected more urgency and incisiveness into our play.

Really enjoyed the second half

I thought he jarred his knee when he stood on the ball?
  • Well it looks like in in a minority of one (no, two as my mate who I sit with agrees with me) but I thought that was dire. Inept first half. Better second but without really creating anything until the last ten minutes. I was bored. We are clearly better than last year, but watching us defend!play backwards for 80 minutes is beginning to wear thin.

Immense defensively across the board including Wiggins who had his best game for a while. Midfield pretty useless. Buyens had his second successive stinker and Jacko would have been as well sitting with me. Not sure yet about Bulot. Thought Moussa was very good and changed the shape of the team. Cousins looked better when he moved into the middle. Despite George's eccentricities I suspect he adds something to our shape that we miss when he's not there.

• 15 points from 9 games is a good return and I think we're starting to get past that point where it might just be a bit of early season luck. Just maybe we are where we deserve, hard to beat and top half.
  • Poor first half, much better second after subs and formation change. Unlucky not to edge in the end, but considering what went before a point was probably a fair result

Yet another ref today who thought it was all about him
  • I had a very good view of the Bikey/Bamford incident, and I thot Bamford fouled Bikey then pretended to have been elbowed. As soon as it wasn't given he was up and fine. I don't think that would be the case if Bikey actually elbowed someone.
  • They were there for the taking, but we have started that stupid passing-back and center-circle, back to keeper crap again.

Oh dear.
  • It seemed to me that we were preserving energy in the first half in an attempt to be strong in the second half. If so, the tactic appeared to work. The first half was dull but in no way did I think we were 'dire'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Buyens just got interviewed on sky, said he'd rather lose one win one than keep drawing haha
  • Agree the game changed in our favour when cousins went into his natural position but it doesn't help playing igor against 4 defenders. For a small bloke he wins a lot in the air but the ball doesn't stick up top and anything he does win, he chases down himself.

Defo needs a partner, whether that's George or someone from the loan market is another matter.

Boro done nothing to deserve the 3 points and I didn't think we did either until the last 15 when we hit the post, and wilson had his chance along with the one off the line.

Playing the ball around the back 4 doesn't bother me one bit. Would much prefer that than hoofing and hoping but sometimes some options in front of the back 4 would be nice. Yoni was dropping very deep at times.

Love the beast. Especially when he was having a pop at Bamford for going down like a sack of shit.

It's another point against a good side in this league but think we will have to dip into the loan market. Injuries will be our problem this season.
  • As per usual from me.

There was a lot to be interested in during the match, but overall it was an ordinary 0-0 type of game. Mind you it made a change from losing at home to Boro, and also a welcome clean sheet. Boro came close in this match a few times in the first half, balanced by us coming closer less often in the second half, unusually for us we didn't score.
    It is true that at the end Boro tired from both their Liverpool exertions and the ten men situation, but they ought to be satisfied with their away point. there are a couple of reasons why we ought to be satisfied by 'dropping' two home points. The clean sheet is one, and the clear lessons learned in the game are that Jordan Cousins is twice as effective inside as he is out wide, and the brief moment when Bikey was up front as a target man that led to Wilson nearly scoring. If we had a player able to do that kind of thing alongside Igor we would be a real worry to opponents.
    I also thought our cause was helped late on when the Boro no 22 went off, as up to that point he was the best player on the pitch. I will reserve judgement on the unlucky Bulot, but Yoni and Jacko were not firing on all cylinders today. On the upside Chris Solly was absolutely superb, and in the second half he was astonishingly good, please look after Chris Big Bob, don't play him on Tuesday despite the weakening of the team as a result.
    Great pantomime villainy stuff involving Bikey, and the sending off was a moment of both high Drama and low Farce...the referee today was not vey impressive, but he was useless to both teams, but you want your refs to be reliable and consistent, today the bloke was neither.
    Still undefeated we move on. Perhaps the time for the good hard look at things is after Tuesday, and certainly after the international break.
  • edited September 2014
    Point was a fair result, especially considering they missed two sitters in the 1st half.

We were decent but we need to sort out the problem of not having a shot on target until added time in the 2nd half, we won't win games like that.
  • What about Wilson's shot?
  • WSS said:

What about Wilson's shot?

He'd probably gone by then. :-)
  • edited September 2014
    WSS said:

That was in added time in the 2nd half as I said. I didn't say we had no shots on target, just in the final third we need to be quicker and more decisive overall, as it resulted today in having very few efforts that actually tested their keeper.
  • Bikey was lucky to stay on, I wouldn't say he threw his elbow but he put it in his face, amazed the Lino didn't see it I was right in line with it in the West Stand, Bamford was clipping Bikeys heels and he definitely shoved his elbow in his face, great pantomime stuff after though.
  • WSS said:

That was in added time in the 2nd half as I said.
    It was directed to Golfie
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

WSS said:

That was in added time in the 2nd half as I said.
    It was directed to Golfie
    Oops sorry : )
  • edited September 2014
    Just saw this on Boro forum, thought it was a nice comment, actually there are a few comments on there saying a point is a great result for them and we are a good side, but everyone is saying Bikey should of been off

i'm sorry but they are unbeaten for a reason! I think everybody is maybe getting carried away with our form but IF we beat blackpool on Tuesday then that is a cracking point. They have beat Derby, watford and wigan at home and only points dropped at home was against a good wolves. We were visible tired all in all I think a cracking point all circumstances taken into account
  • Looked to me as if the plan was to let Boro tire themselves out (bearing in mind they played midweek) and attack them last 25 mins.
    We really should have capitalised on the possession and opportunities we had as Boro faded dramatically, but they should have made more of their first half dominance, so probably a fair result overall.
  • Posting without breathing

Stalemate of a first half. We looked more balanced when Cousins and JBG switched wings on about 25 mins but not clear chances for us.

2nd half we put more players forward, JC did well, Bulot was more involved and Igor less isolated.

Crowd picked up the noise after the Bikey/Bamford incident as as we saw the team pushing on with intent.

We had chances to win it but credit Boro for solid defending and keeping.

Two clear yellows equal a red.

Buyens had a shocker but kept going

Cousins my MOTM

Team far more positive and went for a winner which made for an enjoyabe 2nd half.

Still unbeaten but first blank in the league.

Millwall lost

What was that all about with the kid nicking the corner flag? Was he a Boro fan.
  • posted without reading.

just wonder if everyone will still be congratulating the "unbeaten" team when they get relegated.

3 shots at goal all game (buyens was so wide it almost went for a corner, Bulot hit the post & one stopped on the line)Just not good enough for a team playing at home.

Yes, 'boro are a good team, but there are many good teams in this league & we cant go through a season just trying not to lose. We have to try and win from time to time. I know I'm in the minority so I will shut up now, but I fear for Tuesday night - first defeat for sure.

LOL
  • Just saw this on Boro forum, thought it was a nice comment, actually there are a few comments on there saying a point is a great result for them and we are a good side, but everyone is saying Bikey should of been off

i'm sorry but they are unbeaten for a reason! I think everybody is maybe getting carried away with our form but IF we beat blackpool on Tuesday then that is a cracking point. They have beat Derby, watford and wigan at home and only points dropped at home was against a good wolves. We were visible tired all in all I think a cracking point all circumstances taken into account

If we beat Blackpool on Tuesday we'll be playing in the wrong place as, we are playing Norwich.
  • Kap10 said:

Just saw this on Boro forum, thought it was a nice comment, actually there are a few comments on there saying a point is a great result for them and we are a good side, but everyone is saying Bikey should of been off

If we beat Blackpool on Tuesday we'll be playing in the wrong place as, we are playing Norwich.
    The Boro fan said that.....