Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Funny things that kids say!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    My four year old daughter asked for cheese as a snack after nursery.

My wife brought her a bowl with some cheddar. She had a moan about wanting other cheeses and said “I want Leicester”.

My wife said “we don’t have any Red Leicester”.

“No, I want orange Leicester” she replied.

She also happily enjoys cheeses such as Stilton and Danish Blue.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

My wife brought her a bowl with some cheddar. She had a moan about wanting other cheeses and said “I want Leicester”.

Very discerning 👍
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Scoham said:

My little un loves the crunchy type Belton Farm Red Fox Red Leicester that a few suoermarkets now do, must say I admire her taste, it's really good.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Fortunately a situation was averted with a well timed introduction of crudités… :-) 
  • Options
    Brilliant.
  • Options
    When we came home with the youngest, the eldest met us at the door, looked at the baby bump and excitedly shouted 'mummy, you're pregnant again'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My Son when he was very little and moaning non stop one day

Me "Get a life Josh"
    Him "Get your own life Dad" 

Quick as a flash, Boom. Should have drowned him there and then.
  • Options
    Not a child but my 95 year old mother in law. She was around our house on Wednesday night whilst me and the boys were watching the stream of the Brighton game. After quite some time of staring at the screen in puzzlement she asked, "Who are Britain playing against"?   
  • Options
    When we were in the baggage reclaim at Stansted last night, I said to my wife and daughter to wait with the hold bags while I got the suitcases off the carousel. My daughter said she would help but I told her to stay with my wife. She then told me (in a fairly loud voice) "we can help you know, just because we don't have nobs, doesn't mean we can't lift luggage"
    As a follow up to this, I was away at the weekend and my wife bought my daughter a desk and unit for her bedroom. They spent Sunday putting them together and when they'd finished, my daughter said to my wife "see, I was right when I said to Dad that you don't need a nob to do things like this. And we didn't lose our temper and swear while we were doing it"
    I always thought it was spelt knob. Or is this the U18 version.....😀
  • Options
    When we were in the baggage reclaim at Stansted last night, I said to my wife and daughter to wait with the hold bags while I got the suitcases off the carousel. My daughter said she would help but I told her to stay with my wife. She then told me (in a fairly loud voice) "we can help you know, just because we don't have nobs, doesn't mean we can't lift luggage"
    As a follow up to this, I was away at the weekend and my wife bought my daughter a desk and unit for her bedroom. They spent Sunday putting them together and when they'd finished, my daughter said to my wife "see, I was right when I said to Dad that you don't need a nob to do things like this. And we didn't lose our temper and swear while we were doing it"
    I always thought it was spelt knob. Or is this the U18 version.....😀

• Options
    Took the kids to the cinema today, youngest announced to the whole foyer, very loudly, that the other film about to start was "Wanker Forever".

Twice.

Had to swiftly shush her and tell her that was a 'square word', as she calls them.

"Oh.  Why do they have a film with a square word name?"
  • Options
    When my oldest daughter was two, she called flowers (what sounded like ) fatarses.
    You can imagine what happened when we passed the local florist shop, especially if plump people were in the vicinity.
  • Options
    My little boy just said to me, "I'm sorry dad, I'm going to have to buy you a new father's day present. I got you one, but I accidentally drank it". [He is twenty nine]
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    We sometimes find a slug our kitchen or hallway and throw them out. This morning my daughter (nearly 6) told my wife:

“Please can we have a slug in the house so it can eat all the lettuce. Because slugs eat lettuce.”

“Well done house for no slugs being in you.”

A while ago she asked “why does that man’s tummy look like that? Perhaps it’s because there’s a lot of food in it.”
  • Options
    My 2 and a half Yr old niece who I haven't seen for a couple months.

Me: you've got big!

Her: I've not got beard, daddy got beard, uncle Canters got beard, Ava no got beard.
  • Options
    Caught up with family over Christmas. My wife's 7 year old great-nephew recently insisted, in apparent genuine innocence, to his mum, my wife's neice, that his new PlayStation account user name must be 'Big Hairy Bush'.

So far interrogation has failed to identify the source...