Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bulot

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014

Another Lee Martin.

For Lee Martin read Scott Sinclair read Cameron Stewart...

Time will tell - seemed to have something about him.

Wilson's a decent player incidentally, not his best game on Tuesday but contributed to what was a cracking game of football.
  • Options
    Far too many wingers are completely hot and cold - they are either fantastic, or totally anonymous and ineffective. With players like Wilson even if the passes go astray or the crosses are too high, at least the graft and hard work is still there. In terms of tricks and flicks Wilson is probably not as good as the likes of Bulot or Johann B. Gud or even Harriot, but I find it reassuring to have a player that even if 9/10 crosses are crap, will come back and try for that 10th that comes off.
  • Options
    Poor Lawrie the new scapegoat.
  • Options
    I think that the players and coaches have a meeting after every game and vote on the worst player, then he has to wear the scapegoat bib in training until the next game. I am not in ITK just heard a rumour
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I think that the players and coaches have a meeting after every game and vote on the worst player, then he has to wear the scapegoat bib in training until the next game. I am not in ITK just heard a rumour

Blimey Wolves must have a lot of poor performers on their bench 'cos I saw at least four of them warming up with bibs on.

• Options
    So Wilson is allowed to be a bit crap and muck up 9/10 crosses cos he tries hard

Church on the other hand tries just as hard, mucks up the same, but get 100000 x more abuse. Eh?
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

So Wilson is allowed to be a bit crap and muck up 9/10 crosses cos he tries hard

Church on the other hand tries just as hard, mucks up the same, but get 100000 x more abuse. Eh?

He's not a bit crap though, not at all crap actually. And he doesn't muck up 9/10 crosses, that was a figure of speech as I assumed would be fairly obvious.
  • Options
    Mr Bligh and IJC, you must have massively short memories because up to about a year ago, our 'homegrown' Lawrie Wilson was getting lots of stick (not from me) from the fans hence the song. So all this rubbish about him getting away with it because he came through the youth system or because he tries hard is simply not right.

Also the youth team argument is hugely flawed, not only because of Wilson but also the likes of Harriott, Lisbie, Leaburn, Grant etc etc.....

The fact is people are cutting him slack (not that it needs cutting) because, in our eyes, he's played well over the last year.....

Anyway, I'm boring myself now....
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The day Kevin Lisbie scored a hat trick against Liverpool i was in the Upper north for a change.
    he was getting dogs abuse from one guy who even after the first goal carried on mouthing off,
    He then scored his second, still the guy would not stop, after the hat trick goal every one was going ape,
    On My Kid's Life, This Guy stayed sitting down , but least he shut the fcuk up for a while .

Kevin Lisbie was not a great player, But no one can take that memory away from him.

Some fans just have a different agenda to the rest of us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vetokele
    Buyens
    Tucudean
    Wilson
    Moussa
    Ben Haim
    Bikey
    Wiggins
    Henderson
    Solly
    Morisson
    Gomez
    Gudmundsson
    Bulot
    Pope
    Church
    Harriott
    Jackson
    Cousins
    Etc
    I think we are being spoiled if you think of the shite we have had in the last 6 years= =

Abbott
    Francis
    Barrowdale
    Akpo sodje
    Sam sodje
    Racon
    Kyel Reid
    McCormack
    Sordell(yes I know he came good sort of)
    Reza(even though I liked him)
    Thuram
    Mooney
    Etc
  • Options
    HandG said:

Mr Bligh and IJC, you must have massively short memories because up to about a year ago, our 'homegrown' Lawrie Wilson was getting lots of stick (not from me) from the fans hence the song. So all this rubbish about him getting away with it because he came through the youth system or because he tries hard is simply not right.

Also the youth team argument is hugely flawed, not only because of Wilson but also the likes of Harriott, Lisbie, Leaburn, Grant etc etc.....

The fact is people are cutting him slack (not that it needs cutting) because, in our eyes, he's played well over the last year.....

Anyway, I'm boring myself now....

Also add Danny Green to that list
  • Options
    This thread started out with Bulot and ended up in a big discussion about Wilson.

Wilson is a good squad Championship player. Not quite sure what people are expecting of him. Gives everything, not perfect but if he was, he would be playing Premiership football. Not quite sure what people expect.

When Bulot came on Charlton did definitely improve. He put in one excellent cross and showed a turn of pace. I think that Moussa, Vetokele, Gudmundsson and Bulot will give some exciting attacking football and great combination play. Bulot is definitely a positive addition to the team.