Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bad grammar in public view.

Comments

• Options
    Used to regularly drive past an Off License that irritated me.
  • Options
    Not poor grammar but this always makes me laugh

• Options
    Again not grammatical ...
  • Options
    There's plenty more of where this came from.....
  • Options
    And....

• Options

Hmmm...each individual letter is identical and the typeface is the same as Puccino's. I call fake 'viral' marketing pic.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Hmmm...each individual letter is identical and the typeface is the same as Puccino's. I call fake 'viral' marketing pic.
    I took that photo at Bexleyheath last year, Puccino's being the little cabin on the station. I make you right though, it is too perfect. As an advertisement it grabbed my attention - so job done I guess.
  • Options
    Nobody thought someone had written the black bit did they ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

Alright! I never said I was the sharpest tool in the box did I?
  • Options

PL54 said:

Alright! I never said I was the sharpest tool in the box did I?
    I fell for it at first... but something didn't feel right! It'd be a lot more convincing if they'd actually let someone write on it.
  • Options

Maybe that wasn't a mistake
  • Options
    Not a spelling mistake, however still amuses me this day today.
    Local kebab shop in Lewisham (Belmont Hill) quite a few years ago - had a big printed sign in the window, advertising 'onion rings'.
    There was a white circle in the middle of the poster, where the owner was supposed to write the price. Above it, it stated the word 'Only' (as in 'only £1.99').
    Instead the owner had written the number '4', as this is how many onion rings you would get per portion.
  • Options
    Adult's, U3's? Groan. Are they running a greengrocer's rather than a football club now?

• Options
    I often wonder when you see bad signs whether it's the company or the graphic designer's fault. If I ordered a sign and they chucked a random apostrophe in I'd definitely refuse to pay and never use them again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Adult's, U3's? Groan. Are they running a greengrocer's rather than a football club now?

I think there needs to be some leniancy here.

Translation from the original order in Flemish cant be easy.

• Options
    Wee one won knil
  • Options

cafcfan said:

I think there needs to be some leniancy here.

Translation from the original order in Flemish cant be easy.

The irony...

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Right this is the final f***ing straw... until I read this I was still willing to give Roland and his cronies a chance but this is beyond the pale.

ROLAND OUT!
  • Options
    A new series is starting on BBC2 tonight.

Cats v Dogs: Which is Best?

Groan. You'd really think the BBC would know better wouldn't you?

• Options

Stig said:

Somebody's seriously underselling themselves.

Across the border from Derry/Londonderry in Co. Donegal is a coastal village called Muff.

There is also an Irish oil company called Tedcastle's Oil Products (with petrol stations signed as TOP).

In a previous existence, driving for DHL, I nearly lost my life at a roundabout on the outskirts of Derry/Londonderry, near the Foyle Bridge, when I saw the sign proudly declaring the sponsorship of the gardening/flowers at the roundabout by TOP Muff....

When in university in Dublin (I took the scenic route through university) the sub aqua club plotted a trip up to Muff to have their pictures, with their gear, taken beside the sign as you entered the village. We're a sad lot in Ireland.
    There actually is a diving club there.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Stig said:

Somebody's seriously underselling themselves.

Across the border from Derry/Londonderry in Co. Donegal is a coastal village called Muff.

There is also an Irish oil company called Tedcastle's Oil Products (with petrol stations signed as TOP).

In a previous existence, driving for DHL, I nearly lost my life at a roundabout on the outskirts of Derry/Londonderry, near the Foyle Bridge, when I saw the sign proudly declaring the sponsorship of the gardening/flowers at the roundabout by TOP Muff....

When in university in Dublin (I took the scenic route through university) the sub aqua club plotted a trip up to Muff to have their pictures, with their gear, taken beside the sign as you entered the village. We're a sad lot in Ireland.
    There actually is a diving club there.
    You can get a t shirt from the muff diving club.