Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2014

Thought I'd start a thread as the new season is nearly upon us.

Really hoping my Bucs can be better than last year. We should be but cant see past the Saints winning that division.

As for the superbowl this year, its anybodys guess really in the AFC cant see past either the patriots or the broncos, think a few others will be improved on last year, but not up to the standard that those sides set.
Meanwhile the NFC is a totally different prospect, the seahawks will once again be strong but don't feel they have the defensive weapons they had last year, the 49's will always be there or there abouts especially if they can keep Kapernick fit. The saints look like a much stronger outfit than last year, as do the Eagles and both have a realistic chance in the playoffs. In the North, take your pick, Green Bay, Lions and Bears all have what it takes to win the Division, but it remains to be seen if any can defend well enough to have a stronger impact in the play offs. If they can get a top 15 rated defence, then they wont be far away.
Personally I fancy the superbowl to be the Patriots against the Saints.

I have set up a NFLUK.com fantasy league if anybody is interested in joining youll find it here. http://www.nfluk.com/fantasy/index.html league name: Charlton life password: bigbob.

Whats your thoughts on the fast approaching new season?

Comments

• Options
    Alright Dan, im going to Wembley with a few of the old lot for the Dolphins V Raiders match this month. It will be my first match and i am looking forward to it. Am I right in thinking that i will be watching the equivalent of West Brom v Stoke?
  • Options
    As a Packers fan I am fairly confident about this season, the injuries are hitting the roster earlier than usual. Saying that as long as Rodgers is healthy they always have a chance. I'm looking forward to seeing how coach Capers uses Peppers to help out the defence. Getting excited now about the opener a chance to avenge the fail Mary and show the rest of the league what the packers are capable of. Probably won't be saying that at 4a.m if they get a drubbing.

Not sure how the officials are going to ref the game with the amount of flags that have been flying about in pre-season, so it might take a bit of time for players to adjust. Expecting some good games and Pats v Pack SB hopefully.
  • Options
    Hoping that my Browns can be better this year!
  • Options

Alright Dan, im going to Wembley with a few of the old lot for the Dolphins V Raiders match this month. It will be my first match and i am looking forward to it. Am I right in thinking that i will be watching the equivalent of West Brom v Stoke?

Haha bill. to be honest, I'd rather watch west brom stoke! but if its the first game you've seen, it wont matter.
  • Options
    CAFCjoe94 said:

As a Packers fan I am fairly confident about this season, the injuries are hitting the roster earlier than usual. Saying that as long as Rodgers is healthy they always have a chance. I'm looking forward to seeing how coach Capers uses Peppers to help out the defence. Getting excited now about the opener a chance to avenge the fail Mary and show the rest of the league what the packers are capable of. Probably won't be saying that at 4a.m if they get a drubbing.

Not sure how the officials are going to ref the game with the amount of flags that have been flying about in pre-season, so it might take a bit of time for players to adjust. Expecting some good games and Pats v Pack SB hopefully.

Rodgers was the highest rated QB last year, but defence let them down. Not sure Julias peppers can quite cut it at this level for much longer so will be interesting to see how many downs he gets.

Also feel Green Bays offence is a bit predictable at times, so hope Lacey can take a bit of pressure of Rodgers.
  • Options
    Really starting to get into NFL, I still don't fully understand all of the rules but I'm over in the States a couple of times in the next few months and have tickets for Cardinals @ Oakland and Buccaneers @ Redskins - I don't think either would be considered classics but as I don't know much better it should be fine !
  • Options
    Pats looking strong again, need the Gronk and Brady to stay fit and be on song, and Edelman and Amendola will be key, as neither are HoF WRs but both have the hands and the speed to make a difference. Will be interesting to see if TB has worked on his scrambling skills, as he is very much a pocket QB right now, but modern QB's run as much as they throw nowadays
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Really starting to get into NFL, I still don't fully understand all of the rules but I'm over in the States a couple of times in the next few months and have tickets for Cardinals @ Oakland and Buccaneers @ Redskins - I don't think either would be considered classics but as I don't know much better it should be fine !

Actually think you have two games there which should be quite even.

Not sure where you are sitting in Oakland hopefully in the black hole it can be crazy!

Go to the pre game BBQ's in the car park, they will look after you especially if you wear silver and black
  • Options
    Same old shit from my Redskins expected, I am afraid. They have been starting Cousins over RGIII in pre season.

Whoever wins the NFC West will win the superbowl. Looking at Seattle's schedule, it is very tough, so think they will perish in the play offs to the 49'ers in their magnificent new Strauss Stadium.

Agree with those fancied AFC teams mentioned in previous posts, but surprised there was no mention of Flaco's Ravens. They will not be far away. Not really bothered as long as Dallas don't win it (sorry Bilko!)!!
  • Options
    Are they actually still called the Redskins btw?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just about!!
  • Options
    Looking forward to it, nothing like spending Sunday on the couch and i have tickets to the Colts @ Steelers!!
  • Options
    The New Orleans sAint's are at the mighty Atlanta Falcons this weekend, pretty much a local derby in these parts.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Patriots - Seahawks I think. AFC looks quite weak as a whole but I think what that Pats have done on defence and Gronk back puts them over Denver. Think the Steelers/Bengals/Colts will all make the playoffs but not quite enough to stop a AFC Championship repeat, maybe the Steelers if their defence picks up enough as they look pretty good on offense.

NFC should be pretty great though, I thought the 49ers had a better team than Seattle last season but the home advantage won it for them. This year though it looks like the NFC West will drop back a bit as there have been loads of injuries in the 49ers and Cardinals defence. and the Rams are pretty meh even without Bradford down. NFC North looks great, I think the Bears should win but wouldn't be surprised if any of the 4 teams made the playoffs really, think the Vikings will be much improved although Packers probably the favourites to join them. NFC South looks very good as well, Saints to win the division as they look stacked but again I think the other 3 teams have a shot at the wild card spot, Buccs should be better, especially on defence and Falcons with Julio Jones back. Panthers have had a dreadful off season after it looked like they had made a team which would be good for years but their defence might still give them a shot. I'm a Redskins fan but christ, the NFC East is the embarrassment of the NFC. Excited about Desean Jackson and hopefully RG3 steps back up but I don't expect much, Eagles to walk it.

Too late for a nfl.com fantasy league? A CharltonLife draft would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    Nice little preview. This year the silver and black will be back.

Well maybe to 6-10 !!!

Cant see past packers in the NFC and patriots in AFC. Maybe steelers.

Leroy normally has a decent take on the nfl.

Nathan Prior not so much.
  • Options
    I cannot believe someone has compared the Raiders to fucking STOKE, they are the like REAL MADRID, when I first started watching American Football, Raiders were the dogs bollox, I'm going to the Wembley game with my son who unfortunately for him is a Raiders fan as well.
  • Options
    Chargers fan.... Not expecting much again this year
  • Options
    Unfortunately I doubt the Chiefs will improve on last season.
    Nobody expected our start and I think surprise was a big factor. We've lost that this year along with key offensive players IMO.
    Think the Colts are the ones to watch
  • Options
    Think charlton life has got full sweep on AFC West.

Raiders - me and Northstandsteve
    Chiefs - stackitsteve
    Chargers - Blinkant
    Broncos - Leroy Ambrose and few others.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't got Facebook so won't show me the bloody result
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Chiefs - stackitsteve
    Chargers - Blinkant

I wonder how many of the 32 teams we have supported on CL?
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Chiefs - stackitsteve
    Chargers - Blinkant

Falcons fan living in Midtown Atlanta right here
  • Options

Niners, because of family ties to the Bay Area.
  • Options
    Cowboys all the way... Will be in a bar in Toronto watching Sunday's game against the 49-ers!
  • Options
    Big Blue fan here!
  • Options

Too late for a nfl.com fantasy league? A CharltonLife draft would be pretty cool.

the nfl uk fantasy team doesn't need a draft, you simply pick 8 players each week within a budget to score most points in that week. Its the same comp they talk about during the sky sports shows.
    Check it out, its worth doing as can win superbowl or superbash tickets as well as a lot of goodies like jerseys etc from different teams.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I make that 12/32 so far...

AFC EAST:
    Bills –
    Dolphins –
    Patriots –
    Jets -
    AFC NORTH:
    Ravens -
    Bengals -
    Browns - cafcbrown
    Steelers -
    AFC SOUTH:
    Texans –
    Colts –
    Jaguars –
    Titans -
    AFC WEST:
    Broncos – Leroy Ambrose
    Chiefs – stackitsteve
    Raiders – MrOneLung, northstandsteve
    Chargers - Blinkant
    NFC EAST:
    Cowboys – supaclive
    Giants – SuedeAdidas
    Eagles –
    Redskins – bolloxbolder, hudson-son-son
    NFC NORTH:
    Bears –
    Lions –
    Packers – CAFCjoe94
    Vikings -
    NFC SOUTH:
    Falcons – DanDavis
    Panthers –
    Saints –
    Buccaneers – danhughes99
    NFC WEST:
    Cardinals –
    Rams –
    49ers – RDG
    Seahawks -
  • Options

the nfl uk fantasy team doesn't need a draft, you simply pick 8 players each week within a budget to score most points in that week. Its the same comp they talk about during the sky sports shows.
    Check it out, its worth doing as can win superbowl or superbash tickets as well as a lot of goodies like jerseys etc from different teams.
    Yeah I know the UK one is different but the draft blows away our version of fantasy football. Will sign up anyway though