Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deporting returning ISIS fighters?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Would they be in a temple ?

More likely a mosque.
  • Options
    Isis are the worst terrorist group ever. I think that returning people should not be deported. Some people are fighting against Isis. We question them heavily and place them under surveillance. We will be able to tell which are the bad guys. Isis may have weapons and one unfortunate reporter as ransom left but America could absolutely destroy them and help rebuild a stable Middle East if it wanted too. I saw the video and I cannot think of a worse way to die.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Kap10 said:

LenGlover said:

I've neither read nor heard what Nigel Farage has said, other than a brief scan of this thread, so cannot and will not comment on the rights and wrongs at this stage.

What I would say as an initial thought on the subject is that many British Asians in particular hold dual passports, the second being for their country of ethnic origin.

It might be that Mr Farage is suggesting that they return there rather than to Britain if they consider the British lifestyle so reprehensible.

I'm not sure if this is the case for India (I know that India is probably not the main country here, but as a British Asian the comment is pertinent to me). I believe that the UK Gov't would allow dual citizenship but the Indian Government some years ago withdrew the right for dual nationality.

On a couple of other points, it is very hard to put figures on how many people leave the UK to join the troubles as we do not record exits only entrants, therefore its a guess.

I went to an interesting talk by Michael Portillio recently, a member of the elite future Prime Ministers that never was club, recently joined by David Milliband. He made the statement that there was a secret agenda by the main parties to maintain immigration because we need the younger work force to maintain the economy of the country as the indigenous (white and non white) population aged.
    Portillio, the son of Spanish doctor who went into exile after the republicans, who he'd supported, lost the Spanish civil war.

I remember seeing a fascinating documentary where Portillo went back to Spain to interview his uncle who had fought on opposite sides to his brother (MP's dad). If it's ever repeated, it's well worth a watch.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

As long as that any punitive action against British ISIS terrorists is matched for the British Israeli terrorists commiting atrocities in Gaza.

Do you have any evidence of Britons commiting atrocities in Gaza?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

*takes a deep breath*

Here goes...

Is there anything intrinsically wrong in going abroad to fight for a cause you believe in? For example, like George Orwell did? Should Orwell have been "deported"? Or jailed for life?

In Orwell's time it wasn't a crime. It is now.
    LA, what law is it and when was it introduced?
    There may be others but s.17 Terrorism Act 2006 is one. In addition, any British subject who commits a murder abroad may be tried here (that has always applied and is not part of enti-terrorism legislation)
    Would that have been in place in the 1930s?

The Arts & Crafts movement
    I think you will find the arts and crafts movement was an international design movement that flourished between 1880 and 1910 Chizz, but what are a couple of decades in artistic circles.
    I dunno, two of my favourite topics/people mentioned on this thread, Orwell and the Art's and Craft movement, although I though the second reference was rather funny, poor old 'Eric' would have been mystified at that comparison!.....
  • Options

Isis are the worst terrorist group ever. I think that returning people should not be deported. Some people are fighting against Isis. We question them heavily and place them under surveillance. We will be able to tell which are the bad guys. Isis may have weapons and one unfortunate reporter as ransom left but America could absolutely destroy them and help rebuild a stable Middle East if it wanted too. I saw the video and I cannot think of a worse way to die.

I think you'll find they have more than one hostage left.
  • Options
    If you are able to figure out who they are before they get back into the UK then I would pack them off to Guatanamo if it still exists, if it doesn't then simply intercept them en route home, bump them off and drop their bodies from a helicopter in Syria/Iraq and say they were killed in combat.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

As long as that any punitive action against British ISIS terrorists is matched for the British Israeli terrorists commiting atrocities in Gaza.

I personally have a friend who is British who is in the IDF.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

kentred2 said:

committing atrocities?
  • Options

Huskaris said:

kentred2 said:

committing atrocities?
    He's in the IDF so that question doesn't need to be asked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Huskaris said:

kentred2 said:

committing atrocities?
    and that doesn't warrant a reply.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

kentred2 said:

committing atrocities?
    and that doesn't warrant a reply.
    I don't support genocide or child murder but each to their own.
  • Options
    I think all Labour Mps should toddle off over to dear old Isis and have a chat with em
  • Options

Huskaris said:

kentred2 said:

committing atrocities?
    I don't know if she is to be honest. But I am just saying that if you were of the view that the IDF commit atrocities then there are a fair few Brits fighting out there.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This will IMHO undoubtedly end up with a ground assault by either the Americans or Americans plus. ISIL will if unhalted end up a very powerful middle eastern caliphate and in the future a serious threat to world peace.

The wild card in all of this is Israel. There is no way on earth that they will allow the emergence of a new middle eastern superstate that in time would grow militarily to threaten the existence of Israel.

Just my opinion but the sooner ISIL is wiped out the easier the job will be. The long term consequences of procrastination doesn't bare thinking about.
  • Options
    The fact that I just read this as "Delort returning ISIS fighter" says way too much about this forum!
  • Options
    On the NHS...the tories would lovely cut it but announced they would ring fence the budget...we had the biggest budget deficit ever and they chose not to cut one of the biggest spends...mathematically stupid but politically astute as Labour can't score points

On UKIP they can say what they want - the challenge is then with the mainstream to come up with political philosophy and rhetoric to counter and win the day...so far the tories are suffering badly and I don't see labour winning this... A draw perhaps?

But it's just like the Scottish vote and Salmand is playing the same nationalist card as Forage and losing on the first practical argument...Better together have not had move beyond what currency do you propose to use because most people can get their heads around this if they want...the mainstream have clearly stated that if you're off on your own then you'd best join the Euro, Nato etc. If they will have you...We've spent enough time and money bailing Scottish banks and we ain't writing blank cheques for free NHS, higher education etc.

On brigadistas and internationalists...I liked Henry's comment earlier! There is a parallel and comparison with Orwell but the cause and situations are entirely different...the parallel is in youth travelling abroad to fight a cause...once upon a time I knew some people in the 80s who went to central America to support a country against the Reagan funded "Contra " on return some had a hard time but that's another story...
  • Options

Huskaris said:

kentred2 said:

committing atrocities?
    That's like implying all British troops serving in Iraq abused POWs.

Utter drivel

• Options
    So we all agree to.just shoot them and throw them in a pit

I will speak to big dave cam on the red phone to tell him our decision
  • Options

So we all agree to.just shoot them and throw them in a pit

I will speak to big dave cam on the red phone to tell him our decision

I think we have solved that little conundrum yes NLA...

Move on, I am sure there are more scum bags out there to pussy foot around with!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave is surfing today and will arrange the policy on his return