Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deporting returning ISIS fighters?

Comments

• Options

Usual playing up to the majority of the electorate who are utterly vacuous.
    UKIP will win seats based on xenophobia not on anything like sound ideology. Their current fiscal policy doesn't even add up.
    Where would you deport a British citizen to?

UKIP spout utter garbage but most people listen because they pan to what the media tell them. Ask any UKIP supporter about UKIP policies and beyond burn the foreigner they have not got a clue what their policies are.
    Bullshit - so patronising it's unbelievable.
    educate me then tell me what the ukip policy is on the NHS ?
    You dont need educating and some are beyond educating. Hopefully the later will remain a minority.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

JiMMy 85 said:

we can stop 4,000 football herberts with banning orders travelling when England are playing but fecking nut job terrorists who are going out to slaughter other people who have a different religion we cant do shit all about ? and we wont do shit all when they come back.

This is a completely meaningless comparison.
    Is it though?...
    Yes because with the hooligan scenario, the measure used is to stop them from travelling to matches. Here we are talking about deportation. That's more than a little bit different.
  • Options

UKIP will win seats based on xenophobia not on anything like sound ideology. Their current fiscal policy doesn't even add up.

UKIP spout utter garbage but most people listen because they pan to what the media tell them. Ask any UKIP supporter about UKIP policies and beyond burn the foreigner they have not got a clue what their policies are.
    I've got absolutely no political allegiance but i find this comment a bit hypocritical.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Can you concisely and without scoring political points tell me the policy of any of the main 3 parties regarding the NHS?
    Tories - sell
  • Options
    ss="Quote" rel="Huskaris">

Can you concisely and without scoring political points tell me the policy of any of the main 3

That was not my point but I know full well if I asked most supporters of the other parties for their policies they wouldn't have a scooby either.

Personally i see the biggest single threat to my Country (which is what I care about most) atm as mass, uncontrolled immigration which I believe will cause a strain on my Country for generations to come.

I also have fears about Islamic extremism at the moment.

Now I don't agree with all of what Farage says just like I'm sure supporters of the other parties don't agree with all of what their leaders say, however they are the only party willing to debate (a good starting point) issues surrounding my concerns.

This does not mean I want to "burn the foreigner" or that I swallow the shite the media come out with.

Now you'll probably be shocked considering I support some of what UKIP say but I have a brain, I'm a qualified professional and I can think for myself and form my own opinions.

Now I'd happily see these so called Brits fighting for 'the cause' out there to be shot on return or tried for treason but I almost get the feeling that whenever something like this comes up that the vibe from some on here is more empathy with these vermin than some bloke who supports some of UKIPs suggestions.
  • Options

Sometimes wish you could just delete a thread so you don't feel the urge to reply to some people.

Its easy, - dont reply !
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

shine166 said:

Huskaris said:

Can you concisely and without scoring political points tell me the policy of any of the main 3 parties regarding the NHS?
    Tories - sell
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! So edgy mate!

Labour, spend money we don't have to give a shit service anyway, and then financially ruin the country in the process for decades to come!

Lib Dems - Give people enough Marijuana to never feel pain again.

See, we can all play this game!

Now, shall we be grown up and answer the question?

Who is trying to be edgy ? At least in not trying to be a smart arse. Tories are selling off the nhs, it's a fact.
  • Options
    Stig said:

LuckyReds said:

JiMMy 85 said:

we can stop 4,000 football herberts with banning orders travelling when England are playing but fecking nut job terrorists who are going out to slaughter other people who have a different religion we cant do shit all about ? and we wont do shit all when they come back.

This is a completely meaningless comparison.
    Is it though?...
    Yes because with the hooligan scenario, the measure used is to stop them from travelling to matches. Here we are talking about deportation. That's more than a little bit different.
    I was racking my brains to save my argument there. Job already done! Thanks!
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

How can you deport British citizens?

Just a thought, you are allowed British citizenship if one of your grandparents is British, then why not strip them of their British Citizenship/Passport, and deport them back to the birthplace of their parents/grandparents?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aw gawd.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I wouldn't deport them, I just wouldn't allow them back in. As others have said, if you leave Britain to go and find a fundamentalist cause that directly conflicts the core values of our own country, you should lose all rights to your British passport. Doesn't a passport technically remain the property of the Queen anyway?

I just find it amazing that some people are so hell bent on hating UKIP, they would rather allow known Islamic extremists to roam our streets just to spite what somewhat like Farage has said.

Exactly what I was trying to get at but that makes me a "burn the foreigner", brain dead, gullible UKIP moron.
  • Options
    *takes a deep breath*

Here goes...

Is there anything intrinsically wrong in going abroad to fight for a cause you believe in? For example, like George Orwell did? Should Orwell have been "deported"? Or jailed for life?
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Don't deport them - just do what the Yanks did to Edward Snowden while in Russia and cancel his passport.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

*takes a deep breath*

Here goes...

Is there anything intrinsically wrong in going abroad to fight for a cause you believe in? For example, like George Orwell did? Should Orwell have been "deported"? Or jailed for life?

Try this Treason

n.
    1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.
    2. A betrayal of trust or confidence.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

*takes a deep breath*

Here goes...

Is there anything cally wrong in going abroad to fight for a cause you believe in? For example, like George Orwell did? Should Orwell have been "deported"? Or jailed for life?

I've heard it all now.

Do you not think there is something very wrong when he/she returns home with these beliefs/ideology even more ingrained and enhanced and decides to blow up a bus your family are travelling on?!?

I could not really give a monkeys what they do out there but stop them returning for christ sake.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

*takes a deep breath*

Here goes...

Many of the International Brigade did have problems but by 1939 the UK would have looked silly trying to arrest people who went to fight facism.

Fighting for a foreign power has been a crime since the late 1800s (will need to check that).

Deportate them is a cheap political sound bite but they have already committed a crime by fighting with a foriegn power and may have committed worse atrocities.

They should be arrested, charged and stand trial either here or in the country where they committed atrocities.

Costly, time consuming and doesn't sound bite so well but law and justice makes the UK a better place that most others.
  • Options
    I'm still reeling from seeing pagan orgies equated with fundamentalism....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NHS.
    History tells us the Tories want to dismantle and privatise it
    When Labour was a decent party (pre Blair) they wanted to put it back together again......now they would privatise parts of it.
    UKIP and Lib Dems would be somewhere in between.
    The throaway dismissive lines about UKIP merely show lack of knowledge and histeria, as do the 'Guardian' comments.
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

Just a thought, you are allowed British citizenship if one of your grandparents is British, then why not strip them of their British Citizenship/Passport, and deport them back to the birthplace of their parents/grandparents?
    What if that country - lets say India - refuses to take them? What then?

What if, let's say, Australia decided to start deporting Paedophiles back to the UK on the basis that their Grandparents were British - would you want the British government to accept them?

Ultimately, populist bullshit like this is doomed to fail because at some point reality bites.

Personally, I would rather kill them in Iraq/Syria in "battle" and then publicize their fate as widely as possible in the UK media to show the other Fuckwits that Jihad is a very dangerous game indeed.
  • Options

Chizz said:

*takes a deep breath*

Here goes...

Is there anything cally wrong in going abroad to fight for a cause you believe in? For example, like George Orwell did? Should Orwell have been "deported"? Or jailed for life?

I've heard it all now.

Do you not think there is something very wrong when he/she returns home with these beliefs/ideology even more ingrained and enhanced and decides to blow up a bus your family are travelling on?!?

I could not really give a monkeys what they do out there but stop them returning for christ sake.
    Of course there's something wrong in those instances! I was just drawing out the parallel between fighters today taking up arms in a foreign country (in which no British personnel are fighting) and fighters of a few decades ago, taking up arms in Spain.

It's interesting you say "I don't give a monkeys what they do out there, but stop them returning". Because (1) we don't know who they are, (2) if they've done nothing wrong, we have no reason to detain them, and (3) where do they go, if they can't return to their own country, ie the UK?

• Options
    Chizz said:

*takes a deep breath*

Here goes...

In Orwell's time it wasn't a crime. It is now.
  • Options

Chizz said:

*takes a deep breath*

Here goes...

In Orwell's time it wasn't a crime. It is now.
    LA, what law is it and when was it introduced?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Broadly the Tories favour further privatisation of various aspects of the NHS (although they are internally divided), whereas Labour and the Lib Dems do not; the latter both believe that the founding principles of the NHS remain relevant today.

UKIP?
  • Options

Yes. Deport the lot of them.

And when they return in a year or two seeking asylum ,shake them by the hand and give them a bigger house than the one they had when they were last here.

Where to?

• Options
    Keep reading the title as 'Delorting returning ISIS fighters'
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Deport them to the country they have a greater affiliation to.
    It's not as easy that though as
    they're not fighting for Syria / Iraq etc. they're fighting in the name of Islam, albeit their own perverted bigoted view not shared with the vast majority of those they're claiming to fight for.