Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deporting returning ISIS fighters?

Don't agree with much that Farge spouts but make him right on this our countries safety is paramount

Comments

• Jail them, you can't deport British born citizens.
  • edited August 2014
    Deporting then is way too kind. Jail them for life.
    Failing that cut their balls off with rusty cheese wire.
  • Put them on a slow boat to China..............oh hang on a minute we've given back Hong Kong, forget that .
  • Let the special forces deal permanently deport them
  • Usual playing up to the majority of the electorate who are utterly vacuous.
    UKIP will win seats based on xenophobia not on anything like sound ideology. Their current fiscal policy doesn't even add up.
    Where would you deport a British citizen to?
  • Where on earth would you deport them too ?

we can stop 4,000 football herberts with banning orders travelling when England are playing but fecking nut job terrorists who are going out to slaughter other people who have a different religion we cant do shit all about ? and we wont do shit all when they come back.

Haven't some people been caught coming back already ?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Put them on a slow boat to China..............oh hang on a minute we've given back Hong Kong, forget that .

Jessie might have something to say about that, RC !

• edited August 2014

RedChaser said:

Put them on a slow boat to China..............oh hang on a minute we've given back Hong Kong, forget that .

Jessie might have something to say about that, RC !

Hope she doesn't take offence I was thinking more in terms of the old Stanley prison :-0
  • edited August 2014

we can stop 4,000 football herberts with banning orders travelling when England are playing but fecking nut job terrorists who are going out to slaughter other people who have a different religion we cant do shit all about ? and we wont do shit all when they come back.

This is a completely meaningless comparison.
  • More bollocks from Farage that is lapped up by his core voters.

One thing is for sure, that British-Asian motherfucker who decapitated the American reporter better pray that he gets killed in battle because if the Yanks or the Peshmerga capture him then they are going to go to town on his arse Guantanamo style.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Is it though?

They're indentified and given these sheets upon leaving the country;

So if at risk groups are being identified, then why can't they be detained? There have, after all, been prosecutions against would be fighters that have prepared to leave already IIRC.

Obviously discussions about deporting them are moot, because a lot of these are British citizens. They're flying in/out of Turkey and obviously you can't just stop all flights inbound from Turkey, or you could "lock them out" and essentially leave them stranded out there.

I recommend this article, on vice, showing the photos that the fighters are posting online from their time out there. Not graphic photos, but incredibly surprising ones about how they're living.

There's also an interesting take on the risk of returning fighters in NewScientist, which suggests that they may pose less of a risk than other home-grown fundamentalists.
  • LuckyReds said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Is it though?

So if at risk groups are being identified, then why can't they be detained? There have, after all, been prosecutions against would be fighters that have prepared to leave already IIRC.

Obviously discussions about deporting them are moot, because a lot of these are British citizens. They're flying in/out of Turkey and obviously you can't just stop all flights inbound from Turkey, or you could "lock them out" and essentially leave them stranded out there.

I recommend this article, on vice, showing the photos that the fighters are posting online from their time out there. Not graphic photos, but incredibly surprising ones about how they're living.

There's also an interesting take on the risk of returning fighters in NewScientist, which suggests that they may pose less of a risk than other home-grown fundamentalists.
    I watched a fantastic documentary about a Danish-Moroccan Jihadist who went out to Syria to fight against the Syrian Army in the civil war there.

He was a drug-dealer back in Copenhagen and was very cocksure as he went into Syria about how he was going to be a 'warrior' - that lasted about 20 seconds into the first time his 'brigade' drew contact from the Syrian Army whose tanks started shelling them and whose infantry started picking them off with heavy weapons.

When he saw some of his mates on the floor with their heads blown off he decided he might be better off in Copenhagen as a 'facilitator' - that is buying guns/materials for the rebels rather than doing any actual fighting.
  • LuckyReds said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Is it though?

I watched a fantastic documentary about a Danish-Moroccan Jihadist who went out to Syria to fight against the Syrian Army in the civil war there.

He was a drug-dealer back in Copenhagen and was very cocksure as he went into Syria about how he was going to be a 'warrior' - that lasted about 20 seconds into the first time his 'brigade' drew contact from the Syrian Army whose tanks started shelling them and whose infantry started picking them off with heavy weapons.

When he saw some of his mates on the floor with their heads blown off he decided he might be better off in Copenhagen as a 'facilitator' - that is buying guns/materials for the rebels rather than doing any actual fighting.
    I suspect that's much closer to the reality for many foreign fighters. It's a very romantic(?) thought that you're going to fly out to a warzone, having lived in a country which has every luxury possible, and actually make a difference - and actually keep your shit together.

For those locals involved in the fighting, the ones that saw the build up and have always lived in tough conditions, do they actually want "Billy Big Bollox from the estate" turning up, with delusions that he's going to single handedly make a difference? I can easily see them becoming a hindrance largely.

I have my suspicions that the British lads that have been used (and I mean "used") in the article I mention above, may well have been picked for some very good PR...
  • I always wonder what the average guardian reader thinks about Islam. You have the amazing combination of people who are religious (-1,000,000 Guardian points) but then they are also in the minority in this country (+1,000,000 Guardian points) I bet their editor is scratching their head.

I'm almost tempted to read the hate filled rag today to find out.
  • Sponsored links:

UKIP will win seats based on xenophobia not on anything like sound ideology. Their current fiscal policy doesn't even add up.

Deport them to the country they have a greater affiliation to.
  • PL54 said:

Usual playing up to the majority of the electorate who are utterly vacuous.

Deport them to the country they have a greater affiliation to.
    Perhaps some sort of caliphate? Lol
  • we can stop 4,000 football herberts with banning orders travelling when England are playing but fecking nut job terrorists who are going out to slaughter other people who have a different religion we cant do shit all about ? and we wont do shit all when they come back.

Should get some FIO's out there issuing S27's to those who look likely to cause trouble requesting them to leave the area for 24 hours or face being arrested.
  • Which country is going to want these people. Does Farage actually think France/Egypt/Sudan will accept the sort of people we are deporting. It's just another meaningless soundbite from an idiot who knows the press will defend him from any sort of meaningfull debate. Sadly, this sort of idiocy will win votes, which in turn will lead the other parties into sliding along behind him in order to recapture the fools who are voting elsewhere. Madness.

UKIP spout utter garbage but most people listen because they pan to what the media tell them. Ask any UKIP supporter about UKIP policies and beyond burn the foreigner they have not got a clue what their policies are.
    Bullshit - so patronising it's unbelievable.
    You're right. Its idiotic opinions like that that fuel the support of ukip. Belittling people for their political beliefs only reinforces them. This is part of the reason ukip are doing so well. Every but of negative press that farage gets just improves his popularity.

UKIP spout utter garbage but most people listen because they pan to what the media tell them. Ask any UKIP supporter about UKIP policies and beyond burn the foreigner they have not got a clue what their policies are.
    educate me then tell me what the ukip policy is on the NHS ?

educate me then tell me what the ukip policy is on the NHS ?
    Can you concisely and without scoring political points tell me the policy of any of the main 3 parties regarding the NHS?