Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peeters V Uwe

Comments

• Options

Franck Moussa’s 93rd minute deflected winner sparked an ugly row on the touchline after Peeters celebrated wildly in front of Latics counterpart Rosler.

Peeters apologised to his players for his part in the celebration, but the Belgian insisted he would not say sorry to Rosler, who had launched a tirade of abuse in his direction.

Both men were separated by their respective backroom staff and the unsavoury incident proved the main talking point in the post-match press conference.

Peeters said: “We scored the second goal and I started running and celebrating. I didn’t know where to go.

“He said, ‘Don’t come and celebrate in my corner’, but I’m not going to mention the other words he said to me.

“I need to keep my composure and go away because I know it is emotional in a game where you score in the 94th minute with a deflected shot.

“In that moment, I need to be smarter and just step away. I lost my composure a bit.

“I apologise before my players that I lost my composure. I need to be strong in every moment, but I’m not going to apologise to him because he said things to me. Never ever.”

Rosler gave his version of events and said: “My colleague was running 25-30 metres to celebrate right in front of our bench and I told him what I thought about this.”

Asked if he was friends with Peeters now, Rosler replied, “We are colleagues, put it that way.”

It took a little of the gloss off a fine victory for Charlton against one of the Championship favourites.

Peeters’ side went ahead after eight minutes when Jordan Cousins produced a superb strike into the top corner beyond Scott Carson.

Callum McManaman levelled for Wigan in the 22nd minute - the Lancashire’s club first ever goal at the Valley - before Moussa struck via a deflection off Robert Kiernan to hand a delighted Peeters his first league win in charge.

Peeters added: “I’m very happy to get the three points because when you see the chances we created especially in the last 20 minutes then we needed to score earlier.

“If you can win the game then the 94th minute with a deflected shot makes you very happy because we put a lot of effort into this game.

“I’m very happy for Franck Moussa because he came on and gave us the goal and the three points.”

Wigan are still searching for their first win in the league this season and Rosler said: “Last week we won a point, this time we lost one. It’s not only the timing of the goal. it’s a deflected goal.

“I felt for the first 30 minutes we were in complete control and passed the ball well. We could have created one or two bigger chances.

“Their goal came against the run of play, but we responded well through Callum. In the second half there was nothing between the two sides and the goal was cruel.”

No Bob please dont lose that Passion we want to see it
  • Options
    Love it, absolutely love it. Wasn't at the game today as I was at work but was looking at the match thread and updating every 1.1seconds, when we scored and I saw someone post 'Peeters going mental' it made my absolute day. Our manager has bags of passion and I love it.
  • Options
    Saw Bob around 7 outside ground and he wasn't very happy about incident. Lovely fella though and really positive about him in the managers role.
    Also met Katrien today who was lovely and lived up to the hype!
  • Options
    He wasn't poked in the chest. I do have a lot of photos, Bob clearly reacted to something that was said. I shot the entire sequence of events. BTW sausages will not help, a 9" one is on offer by the catering staff, but they offer a novel take on the 'promises promises' scenario, they cut a 4.5" one in half before offering it for consumption :-/ But, I digress, so here are three photos of the St. Peeter Passion .....

• Options
    How tall is Peeters??
  • Options
    Looks like Rosler said somthing to Bob and walked away. Brave that!!
  • Options

He wasn't poked in the chest. I do have a lot of photos, Bob clearly reacted to something that was said. I shot the entire sequence of events. BTW sausages will not help, a 9" one is on offer by the catering staff, but they offer a novel take on the 'promises promises' scenario, they cut a 4.5" one in half before offering it for consumption :-/ But, I digress, so here are three photos of the St. Peeter Passion .....

Cheers Tom
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He called Bob a f@cking p@ick.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

How tall is Peeters??

I'm 5'10 B and he made me look like Afka when I had a pic with him today!
  • Options
    Met him at the Colchester game & he's massive. Told him we had to make the valley a fortress. He said I'd just told him his pre match talk, prob only messing with me but in my eyes he is a legend. After today a proper legend
  • Options
    Rossler is a good manager, but such a complete benny.

I like passion and I think Peeter's was right to show he wasn't happy with what was said, but a man like Rossler would probably get more wound up by Peeter's just laughing in his face.
  • Options
    #BBGun
  • Options
    If Rossler called Bob a lady's private part with hindsight all he had to say in response was 'You should know Uwe you see one every morning when you're having a shave' :-0
  • Options
    Bob probably said to Rosler the same line that Basil Fawlty said to those German guests in the famous episode.... "Who won the bloody war anyway?" LOL
  • Options
    Our coaching staff look like they can handle themselves. Not sure of names etc.
  • Options
    Good from you there Bob!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedMist said:

knowing uwe sour grapes!

Does he support Slurrey CCC ?

• Options

Apparently, Rosler was less than impressed with Bob's goal celebration (which seemed to involve running towards the away dugout) and when Bob went to shake hands at the end Rosler called him a c**t. Source: pitchside steward.

Braver man than me
  • Options
    For me I just love the passion of the man.

I have a really great feeling about the club at the moment.

The ground and the pitch looked great. The catering facilities were much improved. The team is playing a passing game which I have been hoping we would do for several years now. The new players look to be real quality. If we can get a couple more in, we will have a decent season.
  • Options
    I'm watching last week's Football League Show on iPlayer and have just seen Peeters post match interview; to quote the man himself: "all we forgot to do was win the game". Not quite sure why, but I cracked up when he said that.

Interestingly, compared with the newspaper previews - the panel were saying how we have the basks of a good team..
  • Options
    Bing you are so right really feels like there's an upward curve and we are all in it and on it together
  • Options
    It was sour grapes from Rosler because we had got the winner. I ask you - little ol' Charlton scoring a last minute winner against the mighty Wigan. How dare they. Well, you know what Rosler? Fuck you.

(pardon French but I think it warrants it)
  • Options
    rosler wright wanker
  • Options

Franck Moussa’s 93rd minute deflected winner sparked an ugly row on the touchline after Peeters celebrated wildly in front of Latics counterpart Rosler.

Peeters apologised to his players for his part in the celebration, but the Belgian insisted he would not say sorry to Rosler, who had launched a tirade of abuse in his direction.

Both men were separated by their respective backroom staff and the unsavoury incident proved the main talking point in the post-match press conference.

Peeters said: “We scored the second goal and I started running and celebrating. I didn’t know where to go.

“He said, ‘Don’t come and celebrate in my corner’, but I’m not going to mention the other words he said to me.

“I need to keep my composure and go away because I know it is emotional in a game where you score in the 94th minute with a deflected shot.

“In that moment, I need to be smarter and just step away. I lost my composure a bit.

“I apologise before my players that I lost my composure. I need to be strong in every moment, but I’m not going to apologise to him because he said things to me. Never ever.”

Rosler gave his version of events and said: “My colleague was running 25-30 metres to celebrate right in front of our bench and I told him what I thought about this.”

Asked if he was friends with Peeters now, Rosler replied, “We are colleagues, put it that way.”

It took a little of the gloss off a fine victory for Charlton against one of the Championship favourites.

Peeters’ side went ahead after eight minutes when Jordan Cousins produced a superb strike into the top corner beyond Scott Carson.

Callum McManaman levelled for Wigan in the 22nd minute - the Lancashire’s club first ever goal at the Valley - before Moussa struck via a deflection off Robert Kiernan to hand a delighted Peeters his first league win in charge.

Peeters added: “I’m very happy to get the three points because when you see the chances we created especially in the last 20 minutes then we needed to score earlier.

“If you can win the game then the 94th minute with a deflected shot makes you very happy because we put a lot of effort into this game.

“I’m very happy for Franck Moussa because he came on and gave us the goal and the three points.”

Wigan are still searching for their first win in the league this season and Rosler said: “Last week we won a point, this time we lost one. It’s not only the timing of the goal. it’s a deflected goal.

“I felt for the first 30 minutes we were in complete control and passed the ball well. We could have created one or two bigger chances.

“Their goal came against the run of play, but we responded well through Callum. In the second half there was nothing between the two sides and the goal was cruel.”

Who would have believed it could happen ? A Belgian standing up to a German and telling him what's what .Unheard of .There could be hope for the European Union yet .