Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peeters V Uwe

What was that all about at the end???

Comments

• Options
    knowing uwe sour grapes!
  • Options
    Rosler said something to Peeters. Bob went loony and had to be held back.
    Rosler walked off smiling to himself. Bit of a Grange Hill fight in that Rosler knew Peeters would be held back.
  • Options
    Apparently, Rosler was less than impressed with Bob's goal celebration (which seemed to involve running towards the away dugout) and when Bob went to shake hands at the end Rosler called him a c**t. Source: pitchside steward.
  • Options
    takes one to know one
  • Options

Apparently, Rosler was less than impressed with Bob's goal celebration (which seemed to involve running towards the away dugout) and when Bob went to shake hands at the end Rosler called him a c**t. Source: pitchside steward.

He was on the pitch when we scored, it was quality
  • Options
    Can't say I've seen anything other than passion from Bob - if he is winding up the opposition management, he must be doing something right! ;-)
  • Options
    Loved peeters clapping in tune with bobby peeters red and white army.
    Go on bobby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    peeters was also very nearly in the away technical area celebrating, it was great to see.
  • Options

Can't say I've seen anything other than passion from Bob - if he is winding up the opposition management, he must be doing something right! ;-)

This - I already love him and his passion, loved him clapping to 'bobby peters red n white army'
  • Options
    I'll say it again.. I'm really beginning to like Peeters. The more I hear about him the more I think he's awesome.
  • Options
    The "Sir" is old hat. What about Lord Bob?
  • Options
    I think Bob Peeters is goona be a ledge for our club!
  • Options
    Big Bob, Big Bob, Big Bob Big Bob Big Bob Big Bob
  • Options
    Great to see raw passion on the touch line, not really seen it since Pardew dare I say it.
  • Options
    nichorob said:

Great to see raw passion on the touch line, not really seen it since Pardew dare I say it.

Both Parky and Powell had a fair number of touchline bans due to their "passion"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

I'll say it again.. I'm really beginning to like Peeters. The more I hear about him the more I think he's awesome.

This

Love the passion he shows, for a man who has not been at the club long he is full of passion
  • Options
    Bobby peeters baby
  • Options
    I think he would grow his hair Phil Oakey style
  • Options
    Franck Moussa’s 93rd minute deflected winner sparked an ugly row on the touchline after Peeters celebrated wildly in front of Latics counterpart Rosler.

Peeters apologised to his players for his part in the celebration, but the Belgian insisted he would not say sorry to Rosler, who had launched a tirade of abuse in his direction.

Both men were separated by their respective backroom staff and the unsavoury incident proved the main talking point in the post-match press conference.

Peeters said: “We scored the second goal and I started running and celebrating. I didn’t know where to go.

“He said, ‘Don’t come and celebrate in my corner’, but I’m not going to mention the other words he said to me.

“I need to keep my composure and go away because I know it is emotional in a game where you score in the 94th minute with a deflected shot.

“In that moment, I need to be smarter and just step away. I lost my composure a bit.

“I apologise before my players that I lost my composure. I need to be strong in every moment, but I’m not going to apologise to him because he said things to me. Never ever.”

Rosler gave his version of events and said: “My colleague was running 25-30 metres to celebrate right in front of our bench and I told him what I thought about this.”

Asked if he was friends with Peeters now, Rosler replied, “We are colleagues, put it that way.”

It took a little of the gloss off a fine victory for Charlton against one of the Championship favourites.

Peeters’ side went ahead after eight minutes when Jordan Cousins produced a superb strike into the top corner beyond Scott Carson.

Callum McManaman levelled for Wigan in the 22nd minute - the Lancashire’s club first ever goal at the Valley - before Moussa struck via a deflection off Robert Kiernan to hand a delighted Peeters his first league win in charge.

Peeters added: “I’m very happy to get the three points because when you see the chances we created especially in the last 20 minutes then we needed to score earlier.

“If you can win the game then the 94th minute with a deflected shot makes you very happy because we put a lot of effort into this game.

“I’m very happy for Franck Moussa because he came on and gave us the goal and the three points.”

Wigan are still searching for their first win in the league this season and Rosler said: “Last week we won a point, this time we lost one. It’s not only the timing of the goal. it’s a deflected goal.

“I felt for the first 30 minutes we were in complete control and passed the ball well. We could have created one or two bigger chances.

“Their goal came against the run of play, but we responded well through Callum. In the second half there was nothing between the two sides and the goal was cruel.”
  • Options

Franck Moussa’s 93rd minute deflected winner sparked an ugly row on the touchline after Peeters celebrated wildly in front of Latics counterpart Rosler.

Peeters apologised to his players for his part in the celebration, but the Belgian insisted he would not say sorry to Rosler, who had launched a tirade of abuse in his direction.

Both men were separated by their respective backroom staff and the unsavoury incident proved the main talking point in the post-match press conference.

Peeters said: “We scored the second goal and I started running and celebrating. I didn’t know where to go.

“He said, ‘Don’t come and celebrate in my corner’, but I’m not going to mention the other words he said to me.

“I need to keep my composure and go away because I know it is emotional in a game where you score in the 94th minute with a deflected shot.

“In that moment, I need to be smarter and just step away. I lost my composure a bit.

“I apologise before my players that I lost my composure. I need to be strong in every moment, but I’m not going to apologise to him because he said things to me. Never ever.”

Rosler gave his version of events and said: “My colleague was running 25-30 metres to celebrate right in front of our bench and I told him what I thought about this.”

I really, really lik4e peters!
  • Options
    ......In the second half there was nothing between the two sides and the goal was cruel.”

Selective vision. There was indeed a lot between the two sides. We were the only side actually creating chances and should have scored a second before we did.
  • Options
    I read this on the official website, obviously edited to play the spate down a touch.

Meanwhile, Peeters played down his altercation with Latics’ boss Uwe Rösler which came after the full-time whistle.

The German appeared to take exception to Peeters’ celebrations following the winning goal, but the Addicks’ Head Coach insisted that the matter was quickly closed.

“With the second goal I was emotional and I just went celebrating.

“He said to me I was going to his corner and he said some, not very nice, things to me and he pushed me away.

“I lost my composure a bit, but I know it is not easy and it is emotional when you lose a game in the 94th minute from a deflected goal. For me, it is all over and we will have a beer later on and forget about.”

Never liked the German fella, loving the Belgian bloke so far.
  • Options
    I think the players really respect him too the way he reassured pope and that at the end was class

HIS GOT NO HAIR BUT WE DON'T CARE OHHH BOB PEETERS