Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough United Away - Updates

Comments

• Options
    Still no Moussa and Reza looks like he's gone.
  • Options
    So if Wiggins is out on the left then either Harriott or JBG must be playing centrally.
  • Options
    poshie said:

Poshie , hows your boys doing in preseason , are they 'banging' them in for fun?

Whose your dangermen to look out for?

Not lost pre season beat Brighton on Saturday losing 0-1 at HT drew with Wolves 2-2

Not played the same team for 90mins wholesale changes around HT but would expect us to maybe start giving what Fergie considers his starting team for the league a bit more time

Gone back to our fast paced style after last season bloody awful slow slow football

Two pacy widemen new sigings Taylor from Shrewsbury and McEvoy season lone from Spurs Bale look a like

Danger men Assombalonga, Washington and big suprise of the pre season Vassell who has scored in all our pre season games thus far he's come back fitter and stronger and is giving Fergie a good selection problem

We also signed Smith from Bristol Rovers their player of the year along with selection in L2 team of year not bad for a relegated side, fast right back who gets up and down

Zakuani returned not sure about that, we also signed Oztumer from Dulwich came highly rated with several L1 and Championship clubs looking at him he's only had a few mins pre season and got injured but could be back tonight unknown quantity to me so I will reserve judgement

New keeper who you probably know more about than me Alnwick who Fergie has already said is his number one
    Not sure what to expect this season as long as we go back to entertaining attacking football that will do for me last season was awful although we made the play offs that show how poor the league was losing 18 games and still getting a six finish says it all and we got dumped out the cup by Kidderminster at our own place

As all fans are I am optimistic (well maybe Southampton fans aint) for the season

You won't be disappointed with Alnwick. We should have chased after him to get him back. Henderson hasn't looked comfortable so far, though I seriously hope both do well tonight. Our strikers need a hard test to shape them up for Brentford.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Unless he's giving 5-3-2 a practice maybe?

Henderson
    Wilson - Morrison - Ben-Haim - Fox - Wiggins
    Gudmundsson - Buyens - Jackson
    Vetokele - Harriott

Would be surprised as playing that many Centre-Backs each week would leave us rather exposed should any of them get injured / suspended
  • Options
    Didn't Harriott play #10 in a different friendly?
  • Options
    That team just doesn't feel right. Not sure why
  • Options
    Cousins not starting is interesting. Buyens will have him breathing down his gregory, so Yoni had better be any good!
  • Options
    Been more confident at that start of this season than the last few yet looking at that squad all of a sudden that confidence is gone. Just dosnt look right.
  • Options
    Still need another striker and Solly and Moussa missing with those two and two new players the squad would look much stronger I agree the team don't look right but it's the time to experiment and who knows wiggins could work on the left. I think the Portsmouth game will be more of a clue who will be playing against Brentford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Still no Moussa and Reza looks like he's gone.

Or, maybe more worryingly, no Solly.
  • Options
    are they playing the goonershit ? looks like it in that pic
  • Options
    I'm worried about that starting 11, there's no Hunt, Mendonca or Bent up front.
  • Options
    Charlton playing a 4-4-2 with Harriott partnering Vetokele upfront. Wiggins, as expected, on the left of midfield #CAFCLive #cafc
  • Options

poshie said:

Poshie , hows your boys doing in preseason , are they 'banging' them in for fun?

Not lost pre season beat Brighton on Saturday losing 0-1 at HT drew with Wolves 2-2

Not played the same team for 90mins wholesale changes around HT but would expect us to maybe start giving what Fergie considers his starting team for the league a bit more time

Gone back to our fast paced style after last season bloody awful slow slow football

Two pacy widemen new sigings Taylor from Shrewsbury and McEvoy season lone from Spurs Bale look a like

Danger men Assombalonga, Washington and big suprise of the pre season Vassell who has scored in all our pre season games thus far he's come back fitter and stronger and is giving Fergie a good selection problem

We also signed Smith from Bristol Rovers their player of the year along with selection in L2 team of year not bad for a relegated side, fast right back who gets up and down

Zakuani returned not sure about that, we also signed Oztumer from Dulwich came highly rated with several L1 and Championship clubs looking at him he's only had a few mins pre season and got injured but could be back tonight unknown quantity to me so I will reserve judgement

New keeper who you probably know more about than me Alnwick who Fergie has already said is his number one
    Not sure what to expect this season as long as we go back to entertaining attacking football that will do for me last season was awful although we made the play offs that show how poor the league was losing 18 games and still getting a six finish says it all and we got dumped out the cup by Kidderminster at our own place

As all fans are I am optimistic (well maybe Southampton fans aint) for the season

You won't be disappointed with Alnwick. We should have chased after him to get him back. Henderson hasn't looked comfortable so far, though I seriously hope both do well tonight. Our strikers need a hard test to shape them up for Brentford.
    Henderson hasn't looked comfortable so far????????? How long has he been here???? Give him time to unpack his boots and gloves. Ipswich in law really rates him
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

poshie said:

Henderson hasn't looked comfortable ??? What in the one behind closed doors friendly haha
    well I didn't see him cleanly claim one cross ;)
  • Options
    cfgs said:

bobcafc7 said:

poshie said:

Henderson hasn't looked comfortable ??? What in the one behind closed doors friendly haha
    well I didn't see him cleanly claim one cross ;)
    Neither did I, but too early to judge probably.

• Options
    Harriott up front is very interesting, as is Wiggins at left midfield. Looks like Peeters likes a lot of pace in the final third.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    It's funny how close Ben-Haim is to Ben Hamer, it's going to take some time to get used to hearing and not thinking of Hamer :-)
  • Options

poshie said:

Henderson hasn't looked comfortable so far, though I seriously hope both do well tonight.
    Congratulations ! Most stupid comment of the year !
  • Options
    Must be desperate for strikers if we're playing Harriott there!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Henderson hasn't looked comfortable so far????????? How long has he been here???? Give him time to unpack his boots and gloves. Ipswich in law really rates him
    Ok.
    Still, would say Alnwick more competent than Henderson. Rated Alnwick man of match in 6 matches I saw him play last season.
  • Options
    I hear bob wants harriott and Igor up top so don't be surprised to see that come Brentford.
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

It's funny how close Ben-Haim is to Ben Hamer, it's going to take some time to get used to hearing and not thinking of Hamer :-)

Tal Ben Haimer
  • Options
    Listening on CAFC Player, sounds like we are playing well at the moment.
  • Options

Listening on CAFC Player, sounds like we are playing well at the moment.

Thanks Gretna, please keep us updated for those who do not have player
  • Options

Harriott up front is very interesting, as is Wiggins at left midfield. Looks like Peeters likes a lot of pace in the final third.

Or putting square pegs in round holes....
  • Options
    Oh come on AFKA give him a chance you never know it might work